Game crashing

BeccaBecca Member Posts: 39
I just loaded the new updates and the game has crashed 8 times. I have spent more time loading than playing. It crashed during the start of a raid. When I opened it did not open to the raid. Lost the gas. It crashed in chat. It crashed during the start of an upgrade. The last one crashed just as the game opened. What is up with that.
lycan

Comments

• Yup crashing over and over again
  • ErathsmadorErathsmador Member Posts: 4
    Same here
    spondo1212
  • WurlWurl Member Posts: 1
    besides the game constantly crashing on ipad 2 ios 9. x.x, everytime i try outpost mission the game shuts down. then after reboot i try again and half way though mission it shuts down again...

help.....
    Wurl.... kin to Jesus
  • menotumenotu Member Posts: 1
    New update blows can't play for more then five min with out getting booted
    Caldrian
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    Still happening? @Becca

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • BeccaBecca Member Posts: 39
    @Alibaba. Yes it still crashes. Right before a challenge mission, when I am in the weapons and survivor area. It helps when I clear the FB browser cache and safari cache before playing. I am on an iPad 2. It is moving a little faster when I am play a challenge.
    @Becca what kind of crash is happening? Does it completely close out of the app or does it cause the app to reload to the loading screen?

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
    @Alibaba mostly I get the game closing completely out. I know when that is going to happen. My game lags. Can't move the players. They highlight green. Then the game closes. It re opens where I leave off mostly. Sometime it makes me play the last move again. Then I get the reload message. It very rarely takes me back to the reload screen. That does not happen as often as the game closing.
    @Becca what programs are open and how is your connection to the internet? Do you ever see Reconnect?

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
    edited March 2016
    @Alibaba I close all programs out. I do not have any push noticifications on. I turned all those off so the only thing running is my game. I have a really good connection to the Internet. It's uverse. I see the reconnect rarely. That is very random. Might happen once or twice a week. Game closing happens at least 2 or 3 times in an 30 minute play span.
    @Becca are you experiencing any lag before it crashes?

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • Dani3lDani3l Member Posts: 1
    The game crash in mission progress ....why? Lost the mission pls rezolve the probllem
  • lycanlycan Member Posts: 50
    In my guild it's only those using iOS
    Leader of guild JellyBeanz
    Caldrian
  • BleedinBlue75BleedinBlue75 Member Posts: 5
    I have tried several raids and only get to finish 1 out of 5 due to the constant crashing I have rebooted my device, my router and modem. I'm running 68 latency download is 107mbs 0% packet loss and upload is 4.03mps my Star Trek and Star Wars games play fine. Can this please get fixed I like this game but can't play it
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I'm with you there @Becca. That is life, playing this game on an ipad. Low memory.

The animations are cool but I would happily give up some of them if it meant playing two missions in a row without a crash.

Somewhere a developer said that you guys dial some things back when on a low memory machine. I don't know how difficult that is programmatically. I imagine it depends on what you are dialing back.

How about the view where it zooms down to almost ground level? I'd be fine with seeing only top-down if it meant the game would run smoothly. Can you let everyone else see that but spare those of us with low memory machines? Or wouldn't that save enough to be worth the hassle?
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    Maybe you have to "go under maintenance" for one or two days and fix everything.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,068
    I am playing on an Android tablet @Alibaba and I am having the same issue with the constant crashing. On my device, it just shuts down and takes me back to my home screen. It happens in the middle of a challenge, after I watch a video, during an Outpost battle, pretty much anytime. The real frustration comes when you are ready to open chests and it closes, then when you bring it back up, you loose your chance for those three chests. It happens a lot, I mean a lot! Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited March 2016
    @Alibaba ..I'm also on an Android. I have plenty of memory left & my tablet is new.
    My game crashes during load screen, sometimes 5 or 6 times before it opens to my camp. It crashes when I'm choosing what Survivors to use, or when I click to play the Mission, crashes when I am idle in Camp, crashes while I'm playing (my game will start lagging really bad)
    When I crash, my game does not reload.. It completely closes & brings me back to my tablet home page.
    I have had my game restart or crash before here & there but never like it's doing now since I downloaded most recent update (1.7.1.1.2? I believe is your most recent) so it makes me think it's the Update? Is that possible?
    I have uninstalled & reinstalled but it did not help.

Edit: before Update my game would crash/reset when I would watch advertisement for extra chests or at Theater mostly two or three times a day. & once or twice a day during a Mission
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    I have not been able to play once today because my game keeps crashing!!!! I've been trying for hours!! I just want to play!! :-/

Rhonda
  • Annette578Annette578 Member Posts: 482
    Mine is crashing about 4 times an hour now. iPad mini, teammate has iPad Air. His is doing the same. Game is lagging, slow chat.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Have you tried restarting your devices guys? If you have an iOS device, hold the power and home button until it restarts.
    edited March 2016
    I have restarted, forced restart, uninstalled & reinstalled, updated device & checked on other updates, deleted other games.. Anything & everything you could possibly do & still game keeps crashing

I would post a video but I can't seem to upload it here

Edit: figured out why I can't post video.. It's too big. I will try to condense it

Rhonda
    I second everything @rgerkman just said! They explain it like this from NG support. The iPads are not equipped for the high 3D grafics in the game. Apple support disagrees! My guild leader has an iPhone 6, hers also has issues. .???? IDK!
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    @Annette578 - I also second that. It appears to be an issue for most players regardless of device. I'm on an iPad 2 so I thought it was just me, but guild member with brand new devices have the same problem. I'm guessing it's just worse for me as they are able to engage in outpost raids, while I am not. I'm avoiding outpost raids until the issue is resolved, if that ever happens. I remain cautiously optimistic that they will sort it out as the outpost missions seem like they could fun. But, I'm not holding my breath.
    @Kaitlyn ,
    Thx, it got bad after the initial 7.1 update a few weeks back. They said this last patch should (fix it). Gotten worse. 3 ppl in our guild suffered rollbacks last chlg. No words to tell you how upset they are! They lost tmts,XP,Srvrs upgrades,stars, gear/weapons, ect........! WTH! :s
    I have an LG Android & iPhone 6 happens more on my Android than my iPhone but does happen on both devices

Rhonda
    @rgerkman
    That is the first time I have heard that, for Andriods. Everyone I have talked to, have all said IOS. It sounds like the issue is on the game side. I have other games, never had problems like this. The ONLY time this iPad crashes, is when this game is being played! It has been a very dependable device. I really like this game, too bad they can't seem to find the correct fixes.
    rgerkman
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I run on Android. I have had the crash happen. Since the last maintenance, it froze on a Deadly Challenge mission (Alibaba responded to that distress call) that took me five tries to get it unfrozen. That may have been caused by bad connection on my end (rural area; my choices for internet access are dial-up (yes, they still have that in some areas), satellite (stops working if a bird flies by), or cellular data. I have a really good data plan. On the day in question, I had no rain here, but between here and the cell tower that serves me, a storm passed through.

That freeze is explainable now. However, I have had 3 crashes where the game just closes for no apparent reason during one challenge and two exploration missions. It also crashed every time I played an outpost raid. Between the 6 crashes there and the raise to 10 TG to do a raid, I just stopped doing the outpost until we get the all clear that the issues are resolved.

I ran the game all day (84 challenge stars and a few explorations) without a single crash. Today was a good day. Good night.
    @Alibaba I have installed the updates for the game. It crashed three times yesterday on a challenge, chat and walker pit. I have had no crashes today. Will let you know in a few days how it is running.
    @Becca they made some changes recently, hopefully this will fix the issue. Sounds good and thank you!

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page