Official Discussion: Guild Wars Map revamp!

zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,591
For upcoming changes see here

Discuss
ChrisScorpioFuriousMoldovan

Comments

• mimicamimica Member Posts: 368
    @Fluxxx can you breakdown the vp values per mission difficulty?
    Example currently
    Lv44 = 42vp
    Lv47 = 52vp

What will be the new values?
    FuriousMoldovanWDW76Kwade34
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,891
    edited March 2021
    Without blowing this up into a "tool-cap discussion" that isn't happening (let it die), i had to issue some disagrees.

The time for tool cap was on Tool release Day 1 not day 168. Pandora's Box is open and you can't put the evil back in.

Hopefully we can find some way to resolve this completely separate issue in the future in a different thread far far away from this one

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Deathwish19WellyLugaJivkon00bADPaqaquilaWDW76rebecca38341884Nanajja
  • tbdbitltbdbitl Member Posts: 41
    So the locked sector in the island has 8 missions and provides greater rewards. How many missions in each of the sectors that unlock it?
    Are there separate bonuses for clearing the sectors and the islands?

How many attacks will people have?

a good number of you will see where the follow up question(s) and comments are leading. Of course dependent on the answers. 😂
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,082
    mimica said:
    @Fluxxx can you breakdown the vp values per mission difficulty?
    Example currently
    Lv44 = 42vp
    Lv47 = 52vp

What will be the new values?
    The VP's I think will remain the same. It's only the max lvl missions (48-49) which would be nice to know beforehands.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,082
    tbdbitl said:
    So the locked sector in the island has 8 missions and provides greater rewards. How many missions in each of the sectors that unlock it?

a good number of you will see where the follow up question(s) and comments are leading. Of course dependent on the answers. 😂
    There are 2 sectors with 12 missions each so you need to clear 24 maps to open the locked sector. The locked sector has a much higher sector score, so it makes sense to always do full islands. 

I didn't see any mention of changing the number of attacks so I would assume everything else is as before.

They did say the reward points will change. I wonder if there will be an update to the Tiers as well.

Ingame username: Jubjab
    aquilaPaste
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,834
    @Fluxxx @zbot

Do you have a breakdown of All New and/or Changed sectors/missions in terms of their respective difficulties, VPs, number of maps, sector bonus, etc?

I think everyone can agree that we need it desperately Before the start of GW week 3. Could be based on lvl 28 toons. Would be greatly appreciated!

Anything similar to this:

Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    Elsbeth
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,891
    edited March 2021
    @WellyLuga I agree with you that the cost will be astronomical, however restricting items that people paid cash for after the fact is very very bad practice. My guild doesn't spend a lot of cash but when we do we want to be able to use our items as we like.

I still believe the solution is not restricting tools but making more tools and more gold more available to more players for less cash (or no cash) 

And I promise that's the last I'll say on the subject here agree or disagree

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    MichelWarsNanajjaElsbethjedimaster_ray
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 259
    I’m in the 2’ guild of a family. With the current map, we are close to the 1’ guild, because they have 10 players capable to reach lvl 44 and we have 4. But 4 was enough. One guy doing 4d with lvl 39 max is similar to one thougher. 
    But with the new map 10 lvl 44 are millions miles ahead of us. So, we do humans or we play against minor guilds. It’s like African expeditions. We carry the bags of European explorers. 😳
    [Deleted User]
  • I’m in the 2’ guild of a family. With the current map, we are close to the 1’ guild, because they have 10 players capable to reach lvl 44 and we have 4. But 4 was enough. One guy doing 4d with lvl 39 max is similar to one thougher. 
    But with the new map 10 lvl 44 are millions miles ahead of us. So, we do humans or we play against minor guilds. It’s like African expeditions. We carry the bags of European explorers. 😳
    Send me yours war1 and war2 GW menu (where all fights listed) screens :) i'm add El Origen II to the spreadsheet in this season :)
    marroba2000
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 245
    edited March 2021
    20 islands, 32 missions. that's total 640 missions available per day! (not counting bonus and strays)

and each day, if there's max 10 players, that's only 180 missions covered. and that's provided there are 10 on that day. definitely overkill.

<deleted>

it shouldn't even be a linear level progression from left to right. i can only suggest to reduce total missions and change to non-linear level progression.

long live beta!
    Firekid[Deleted User]ATLAS-ZKarajoca
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 245
    edited March 2021
    okay i take back my words
    tbdbitl said:

There are 2 sectors with 12 missions each so you need to clear 24 maps to open the locked sector. The locked sector has a much higher sector score, so it makes sense to always do full islands. 

I didn't see any mention of changing the number of attacks so I would assume everything else is as before.

They did say the reward points will change. I wonder if there will be an update to the Tiers as well.

So 18 total attacks
    No waiting on others.
    24 attacks to get to 8 attack sector. 😂

I was hoping that one person could clear a whole island. So if not there still has to be coordinated effort between players in islands. The coordinating of efforts is a love-hate relationship for me! 

Hopefully the individual rewards on the locked map are not greater than that of those required to unlock them. 

So in reality there is still dependence on other players to an extent. However, I can see where in the case of players that can clear for example 6C and 5D, they won’t have to wait for someone to clear 4D and 5C! That is good!
    TheKing
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 183
    @tbdbitl...
    no offense... bot thats why GW is a team game. Not a 10-single-player-go-to-private-war-game. 

NanajjaPaste
    Wow that map is really all over the place with the levels. Islands 13 and 14 (seems odd) positioned where they are means people could be looking all over to see what sectors folks started. Strange placement / numbering for the levels.

Communication among members will be key I’m sure.  We are a casual guild with varied levels of players in our guild range from current lower A line levels to upper D line. At least with the current map it narrowed it down to a very few sectors to look where people are working—what’s open vs not open. We also are very diverse as far as language/player location which adds other challenges in communication.

I take it on my self to lead and direct attacks even when not playing. There have been on going issues with map refresh for spectators. Missions in sectors will appear worked when in fact haven’t been touched. And completion labeling inaccuracies too.  Having to close and reopen game to refresh your points and team score after completing missions and sectors is a pain but at least it does refresh—most of the time. But unfortunately once experiencing the map issues as a spectator it does not correct itself. But hey GW is only in Beta form! Can’t wait until the non-Beta is released!

With all of the display and status issues that have been going on forever, I guess it is over optimistic of me to think there will be some type of indicators to easily show what islands have been started. And if there are some that they’ll work/refresh properly. Maybe when we get out of Beta 😜

ShadowWalkerFirekidWellyLugaElsbeth
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,064
    I agree that NG should provide a clear indication of what sectors have been started. However in the meantime if you get the person who starts the sector to place their marker on it (long press on the sector) that might help for now. 
    SPC_TORRESBigBob
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,336
    If you allow me to earn tools in the black market and buy them by using a form of money in way to acquire daily purchases such as 100 gold for 2 grenades, etc, and/or buy tool bundles up to three times, then you allow me to use said tools at my will and choosing. Therefore, why would you limit what I can use if I’m paying for the product? Just saying. 
    NanajjaPastejedimaster_ray
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 105
    NG keeps us surprising even after 5 anniversary.  appreciate it.
    It will be sorry if if we won't have more attack points.
    I believe cooperation (professional killer) is necessary.

Elsbeth
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,131
    edited March 2021
    avelardez said:
    If you allow me to earn tools in the black market and buy them by using a form of money in way to acquire daily purchases such as 100 gold for 2 grenades, etc, and/or buy tool bundles up to three times, then you allow me to use said tools at my will and choosing. Therefore, why would you limit what I can use if I’m paying for the product? Just saying. 

The community seems to be split on this. There are some who like the game to remain competitive without it being completely dominated by the size of your wallet, sadly GW is going down a bad route as it stands with it becoming a completely P2W game mode. Tool restriction might not be the answer but hopefully something will change. 

They made the challenge more balanced and look what happens, RIH lose some of their massive wallet sized advantage and Wild Walking top the rankings for two weeks. How long that lasts I don't know, but in my opinion things are more interesting when it isn't all about money.
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 159
    I’m in the 2’ guild of a family. With the current map, we are close to the 1’ guild, because they have 10 players capable to reach lvl 44 and we have 4. But 4 was enough. One guy doing 4d with lvl 39 max is similar to one thougher. 

45 my friend... 45... 😌
    🤣🤣🤣
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,131
    edited March 2021
    @Mario_Romero I like it, it would add some strategy too. Do you play the 44-46 sector and try to play tool free or do you play 46-48 with tools?  It would be a nightmare for anyone who tracks scores :lol:

I think sticking to what you first said about not punishing them I wouldn't also want to see a VP penalty for tool use though. Rewarding clean play is what I would like to see.
    [Deleted User]BaksdirtydozenPasteJens_KF