New Challenge = Beta Distance 2.0???

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,968
    edited March 15
    I can get behind adding more rounds. I don't push too deep into nightmare at the moment but I noticed very little changed when all that was added was armoured. It is clear that tanks/spikes are what hurts you. I cleared round 80 this week for the first time since it was implemented and not at one point did I get a feeling that I wish I could play more. Playing the same 6 maps for about 50-60 rounds is more than enough for me but if it was extended to 85-90 I could get behind that. 

What I don't want to see is the challenge reverting back to what it was with no end, even if the fixed spawns remained the same. You say 'natural' stop but the problem is that as they add more powerful weapons, heroes and of course tools - other than filling the map with tanks/spikes there is no natural stop as someone will find a way to beat it. There must be something else you can find to fill your time when you reach the end, surely?
    ShadowWalker[Deleted User]
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,434
    Anjelos said:
    @xbamfx for a guy that doesn't care you seem to know hell lot about my guild.more than me for sure .
    Secret fun or something ?🤔
    Sorry , "bro" , i will not ask your approvement to state my opinion , that was forum is for i guess. 
    Then again its funny to read your posts ,  cause unlike any other , its driven by commenting on and on about my guild-for which you don't care 😂😂😂😂talking about childs - seriously entertaining :') 

You’re still crying man? Where did I say you couldn’t share your opinion? I didn’t, but you cry a lot and then was followed by another I know who cry a lot about what challenge it is, what buff, what day of the week it is, tools, round passes, the pizza is cold, people don’t comment about my videos, ..... the Daryl knife. I mean I could go on and on and on. Am I lying tell me yes or no? Ok thanks. I’ll take a nap now since this is getting about as boring as repeating MM 1,289302028383 times 
  • AnjelosAnjelos Member Posts: 31
    @WellyLuga that is exactly what i mean by progressing difficulty . Metal, tanks, spikes more and more till it has a natural end .someone will reach 80, other 100 , but noone 200.
    Surely less ties. And why someone must be stopped from trying the impossible and spend his time and gold? Even better for ng .
    How i fill my time and others - is a matter of my own preference 🤠 and i have time for doing everything.
    You maybe feel ok with playing till round forty and full with it , there are people finishing challenge of 80 rounds in 1-2 days and don't. Most of them work . And have children. And still have time for everything. Called time management .And maybe are better in that.should they be punished for it ? 
    What i am saying is , making harder and harder .... Some challenges like this week will go to round 90 , and maybe not even that high , and the other week it might go up to 70. Putting limits just takes motive away.
    Its tottaly different if you stop challenge cause you can't pass the mission , and tottaly different to make it like second distance. Atm to me it feels like 4rth grade primary school " we are all winners " thingy . 
    Extra star ⭐ for tool usage could also help .

xbamfx said:
    @Anjelos congratulations on 11 posts man! You mention my name in about 6 of em, about to make an Onlyfans 😂
    Still here 😄 oh my god 🙏 my fault i answer to your trash indeed. But can't help it , you are so entertaining indeed.
    Good lagh always needed i guess :-) 
    I admit you are a good attention seeking troll and you got me as your fan 😏 
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 364
    I think the current 80-round format is just fine, and will work perfectly during Guild Wars week

it only seems like it's too short this week because of several reasons :
    - no GW, no other things to do except challenge
    - very easy mapset
    - assaults start charged, best class boost that you can expect
    - healing times halved

Even with all this, you can count on fingers of two hands players who completed challenge in first 24hours. Even with all this, most of us needed tools to reach the famous end. If no halved healing times i would never bother.
    It's funny but since they made changes i started spending lot more gold and even using tools in challenge, that never happen before. 

Anyway, everyone here who comment on this thread, and bother about this issue, are players who invested huge time and/or money in this game. There are two important modes now, and if challenge is any longer then this you are making us select do we want to play one thing or another, because you can't possibly compete or afford to keep up in both. Many choose not to play anymore and just quit. 
    It's the fact that since latest update i have more then several players asking to come back to my guild, have reason to try again. They left game because they couldn't keep up with old format.

Now, i understand that some are just better and need less time to complete everything, then have nothing to do, but must understand that letting you play further is completely ruining experience for everyone else. But i am all for finding reasonable compromise. 

What we possibly need are Two separated challenge modes, one to run in GW week, exactly as it is now, and one to run during GW break, longer one.
    Would be also fun to few times per year we get to play "old unlimited challenge format" fallowed with 1min gas & halved healing, giving everyone chance to push and reach Personal Bests. But not sure if NG can do this.
    Other then that fixing Outpost, or giving brand new individual mode would be awesome. Because only individuals are those who need something more to play and spend time in this game. Guilds are having more then enough trouble 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,968
    edited March 15
    I wish there was no talk of ties, it is ludicrous. How often is it possible to clear the entire challenge without dropping a star? I bet there might be some challenges where it won't be possible to even clear round 80, let alone do it perfectly. If three players achieve excellence and score perfectly why not have ties? Share the spoils, virtual high fives all around. It won't be like this every week so this is a non-issue.

What about in bowling? Two players bowl perfect games and it's a tie. You don't see them adding new things like a swinging pendulum to the lanes to avoid them :lol:. I don't see why it matters but to each their own.
    ShadowWalkerNerfZone187ATLAS-ZADPaq
    WellyLuga said:
    I wish there was no talk of ties, it is ludicrous. How often is it possible to clear the entire challenge without dropping a star? I bet there might be some challenges where it won't be possible to even clear round 80, let alone do it perfectly. If three players achieve excellence and score perfectly why not have ties? Share the spoils, virtual high fives all around. It won't be like this every week so this is a non-issue.

What about in bowling? Two players bowl perfect games and it's a tie. You don't see them adding new things like a swinging pendulum to the lanes to avoid them :lol:. I don't see why it matters but to each their own.
    Damn , you ruinned bowling for me now 😄😄😄😅😅😅
    ShadowWalkerNerfZone187WellyLugaATLAS-Z
  • Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 174
    Let’s be honest here folks!!! RottingInHell dominated the world under the old format. NO guild could come within 5k stars!!! And our leader BloodyChainsaw was unbeatable. He could dominate any challenge whenever he wanted. His stars made it impossible for the BIG guild families to ever be number 1 ever again. This format was implemented to stop one guild and one player from total domination for the rest of this games life. End of story! None of you could carry our jock straps before. So of course everyone in guilds that used to be number one before HELL love this format. It gives you a chance to be relevant again. As far as players that spend lots of money on the game and that’s the reason they could score 18k! Please!! I have seen screenshots from accounts of people that have commented on this post with more gold and definitely more tools then BloodyChainsaw or other HELL warriors. So stick that argument where it belongs. Bunch of cry babies that couldn’t win anymore plain and simple. Peace ✌🏼 and love ❤️! 
    AnjelosNerfZone187kookaburraWellyLugacrambert_necbrucewayne007ADPaqPaste
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 309
    @Fluxxx
    tldr
    Make nightmare alot harder for the experts
    NerfZone187RiotZappa
    Tux77 said:
    Let’s be honest here folks!!! RottingInHell dominated the world under the old format. NO guild could come within 5k stars!!! And our leader BloodyChainsaw was unbeatable. He could dominate any challenge whenever he wanted. His stars made it impossible for the BIG guild families to ever be number 1 ever again. This format was implemented to stop one guild and one player from total domination for the rest of this games life. End of story! None of you could carry our jock straps before. So of course everyone in guilds that used to be number one before HELL love this format. It gives you a chance to be relevant again. As far as players that spend lots of money on the game and that’s the reason they could score 18k! Please!! I have seen screenshots from accounts of people that have commented on this post with more gold and definitely more tools then BloodyChainsaw or other HELL warriors. So stick that argument where it belongs. Bunch of cry babies that couldn’t win anymore plain and simple. Peace ✌🏼 and love ❤️! 
    Don't be so harsh 🤣 clearly they were "bored" of doing so ..it is so easy to go 10k- just needs gold,eh?  That offcrs comes mostly from people that never passed 4100 in previous setup (except maybe in boom boom challenge) which ment you pass all the nightmare2 missions ,but oh well they can imagine it :')  
    Oh well , i am pretty sure we will see again 5-10 people tie , even though guild wars are in play.
    Like the first guild war week. It wasn't that far away to be forgotten.
    But as long as they have a chanse to win , it is ok i am guessing . 
    NerfZone187Tux77Marie__GagaChrisScorpio
  • adorabledosadorabledos Member Posts: 21
    Ok I'm out. Just remembered why I don't log into the forums. 
    kookaburraMarie__Gaga[Deleted User]
  • kookaburrakookaburra Member Posts: 47
    @Tux77
    I believe you may have hit the nail on the head. I’m guessing most of the top 100 global players have spent a great deal of time and money with NML, so should a guy like @Firekid, who does incredible for the level of his toons, complain about the money spent by others to get better? As for Mr. Chainsaw, he’s the epitome of a leader. He crushes the competition but also spends a lot of his time teaching the rest of us otherwise middling players how to greatly elevate our game. Keeping things in perspective, this is just a game for fun and in my opinion shouldn’t really garner any hate towards one another. But...if you don’t have haters you’re not the tallest poppy. 
    AnjelosCronusGallifreyTux77
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,923
    I think what it comes down to is how easy you find the challenge upto nightmare, there are a lot of players out there that can breeze through any of the mapsets up to round 62. If you’ve got a booster and can fly through them then you’ve only got to a few “challenging” rounds if you struggle with maps up to that point and takes time and redos, waiting for healing etc then you can enjoy more “challenging” levels. For instance my real challenge starts from MM’s at 48 so I’ve got loads but I’m not as good as a lot of people. So yes we are talking about giving a challenge to the best of the best but why shouldn’t they be allowed to push themselves as well as those who struggle earlier on.  
    Anjelos
    Tux77 said:

But you guys are crying now lmaooooo. If you were the"best" guild in a previous format, you should still be the "best" guild in any new format. If you were the best because of one player then you weren't the best guild; it just shows how broken the old format was. You guys understand that it's not impressive to score over 10k, right? Hell, it's not impressive to score over 5k in the old format. All you had to do was figure out how to beat 6 maps at super nightmare and then repeat that until the challenge ended. It never got more difficult. All the people wooing over scores like that are completely ignorant as to how the challenge worked. Stop kissing daddy's ass and learn to master the new challenge mode so you can actually contribute to making your guild the best instead of relying on one guy.

Should the challenge go higher? Sure, I think we can add some more levels that really increase the difficulty. Making it so at the high end every walker that starts on the map is a spiked or metalhead would be a great way for a natural stopping point. But also realize that these first few weeks of the new format were easy challenges with insane bonuses. Scores are ALWAYS skewed when assaults or bruisers start charged.

Also, tools did destroy the game. I wish they were never introduced and honestly that's the real problem why there are so many ties at the top of the leaderboard.

This post was never intended to compare guilds and/or reaching 10k. 
    Though i have to argue in this - yes it is easyer than some imagine to reach 10k , but much harder than you describe it. To do so  , you must solve the nightmare 2 missions without tools . And not just one time by luck . If it was so easy , half nml would have done it instead of 6-7 people . 

Also i think i made clear many times , that old system was also boring. 

I agree with the second part of your comment exactly , thats what i say . It wont be endless anyway , but it wont have a stupid restriction of 80. 
    And should have the difficulty raised earlier maybe , to have a smooth increase of difficulty and we don't reach round 100 maybe .
    Tools can't be removed since they are introduced (and they are as profitable for ng as nothing else ) , at least they should be nerfed. A lot if you ask me .
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Anjelos said:

Though i have to argue in this - yes it is easyer than some imagine to reach 10k , but much harder than you describe it. To do so  , you must solve the nightmare 2 missions without tools . And not just one time by luck . If it was so easy , half nml would have done it instead of 6-7 people . 

I agree with the second part of your comment exactly , thats what i say . It wont be endless anyway , but it wont have a stupid restriction of 80. 
    And should have the difficulty raised earlier maybe , to have a smooth increase of difficulty and we don't reach round 100 maybe .
    Tools can't be removed since they are introduced (and they are as profitable for ng as nothing else ) , at least they should be nerfed. A lot if you ask me .

Yes but one of your minions felt the need to make the most pathetic comment I've ever seen on the forum and it needed to be called out. The challenges where people scored over 10k were pretty easy ones where tools were largely unnecessary. Half of NML didn't score that high because what's the point? I easily could have but it's a literal waste of gold and I'd rather do many other things with my time. In talking to others that was the general feeling about the situation as well.

I'd say the whole format is a work in progress. When NG first introduced it I didn't think people would even get to 80 with the increased special spawns. I was wrong. But maybe it's because of the easy challenges as I mentioned in my last post. Who knows. Let's add more difficulty levels or just ramp up the difficulty at 70+ way more than it is now.

I know tools can't be removed. The damage is done. NG killed any competitive edge with these stupid things. Maybe at least make it so a medkit will heal you but once you get bruised you can't get 3* even if you complete the mission at full health. Or make it so tools use up your action points instead of cheap extra moves like they are now.

And for the love of god can we just stop with fucking RIH/BCS dick measuring contest? It's just really sad, honestly.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Marie__Gaga
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 529
    I’d like to see them implement a bonus point or 2 somehow from R63 onwards. 
    Or Round 50 🤷🏻‍♂️

So a bonus for zero tools on the mm. I know for a fact many people use tools now in challenges. It would be a cool reward for the talent & time in the map to be rewarded. 
    Or even put this reward in from the very 1st mm. Just an extra 1 point
    I enjoy having the completion of the challenge there if that’s what you desire to go too. The completion will only effect a limited few each week I believe. 
    Maybe they could increase from R63 with Spikers/fast walkers/metal heads. Not just fatties and armoured walkers. 
    Anjelos
    Tux77 said:

But you guys are crying now lmaooooo. If you were the"best" guild in a previous format, you should still be the "best" guild in any new format. If you were the best because of one player then you weren't the best guild; it just shows how broken the old format was. You guys understand that it's not impressive to score over 10k, right? Hell, it's not impressive to score over 5k in the old format. All you had to do was figure out how to beat 6 maps at super nightmare and then repeat that until the challenge ended. It never got more difficult. All the people wooing over scores like that are completely ignorant as to how the challenge worked. Stop kissing daddy's ass and learn to master the new challenge mode so you can actually contribute to making your guild the best instead of relying on one guy.

Should the challenge go higher? Sure, I think we can add some more levels that really increase the difficulty. Making it so at the high end every walker that starts on the map is a spiked or metalhead would be a great way for a natural stopping point. But also realize that these first few weeks of the new format were easy challenges with insane bonuses. Scores are ALWAYS skewed when assaults or bruisers start charged.

Also, tools did destroy the game. I wish they were never introduced and honestly that's the real problem why there are so many ties at the top of the leaderboard.
    If it was sooo EZPZ way didn’t you ever do it? 
    AnjelosADPaqPaste
    So the guy that makes all the distance videos would rather do something else with his time 🤔😂😂 
    AnjelosBurmeliinisADPaqPaste
  • Marie__GagaMarie__Gaga Member Posts: 140
    Some Troll wrote:
    And for the love of god can we just stop with fucking RIH/BCS dick measuring contest? It's just really sad, honestly.
    What does that say about you, Camembert?

“Bla, some arguments - more or less reasonable. But then:

But by the way: everything anyone else says is stupid, if he or she is connected to RiH or BCS...”

Definition of Forum Troll. 
    ---
    --- Hell Family ---
    Anjelos
    Anjelos said:

Yes but one of your minions felt the need to make the most pathetic comment I've ever seen on the forum and it needed to be called out. The challenges where people scored over 10k were pretty easy ones where tools were largely unnecessary. Half of NML didn't score that high because what's the point? I easily could have but it's a literal waste of gold and I'd rather do many other things with my time. In talking to others that was the general feeling about the situation as well.

I'd say the whole format is a work in progress. When NG first introduced it I didn't think people would even get to 80 with the increased special spawns. I was wrong. But maybe it's because of the easy challenges as I mentioned in my last post. Who knows. Let's add more difficulty levels or just ramp up the difficulty at 70+ way more than it is now.

I know tools can't be removed. The damage is done. NG killed any competitive edge with these stupid things. Maybe at least make it so a medkit will heal you but once you get bruised you can't get 3* even if you complete the mission at full health. Or make it so tools use up your action points instead of cheap extra moves like they are now.

I wouldn't call him a minion , not even close , but as far as i am in guild (like seven months or so ) i never saw him talking like that , so maybe he was provoked by some people here trolling .
    Not a lawyer , just stating what i saw.

I disagree with what you say about how easy is to go to 10k plus , but thats not the point of this conversation anyway .

If the easy challenges are such a small ammount as you present in your second paragraph , there wouldn't be a need for change .problem is , that there are a lot of challenges that are very easy. Exact amount that people will get draw on 80 rounds in one two days. We saw that happening in three out of five challenges with new system so far . Adding levels to a point it will be impossible to pass , would be the best solution to my head to have everyone happy.
    Also will solve the problem of getting punished the week after if you are not able to play one week. Firekid proposal to have a max rp is perfect from my point of view.

Huge fan of what you say about tools - i sayed also in my opening thesis - tools should use up your action point . Will raise difficulty minimum 30%.

Last paragraph - as already sayed - its normal if you provoke you get reaction . Not like it , cause it takes conversation to other stuff , not really important according to me .

This discussion has been closed.