Which is better to have: Damage Reduction or + Health?

I'll be rejigging my badges at the next free removal event as I have plenty of high level components. I'm especially wondering what's best for my bruisers. Do most folks run 3 Dmg Reduction and 3 Health-boost badges? Or are there some tricks I'm missing there, as in, chucking in some of the other types of badge can be beneficial?
On a similar vein, my Scouts, Warriors, Shooters...well, everyone else, has a cocktail of +damage, crit damage and crit chance. It IS frustrating when, even fewer than +10 lvls, my scouts or Hunters or whatever get sent straight to the red if a walker so much as taps them on the shoulder. Do most players find its a good idea to beef up their defensive stats? I'd have thought reducing the enemies threat level by, you know, putting them down is more prudent as getting in a jam often means it's not just a one-off but an indication you're close to being swarmed (That's how it usually plays out), but I dunno...I do wonder if I'm missing something just going for maximum kill-factor.

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,160
    edited April 13
    Pure offense or pure defense, no hybrids. 

x3 dmg x3 crit damage on offensive

x3 health x3 dmg reduction om defense

(edit i do have one big CC badge on Alpha, but just for testing her LT) 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    FuriousMoldovanCarl_Tyreese999m4s
  • ScotticusScotticus Member Posts: 41
    OK thanks for the advice. Just go all out on the strengths, don't try to compensate for weaknesses.
    ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,160
    edited April 13
    One exception... you can build fully defensive shooters Scouts Hunters and warriors for PVP which will lend great success in this one area

Pvp = human enemies in guild wars or outposts

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Scotticus
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
    Emphasize Strengths, don't compensate for Weaknesses, that's probably the best articulation of my strategy. I've build an offensive assault, and a defensive Shooter, but these are special cases. Most everyone else is optimized to their strengths.
  • scotpunkscotpunk Member Posts: 11
    What about Beta? I have him set for DR and damage.  
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 391
    scotpunk said:
    What about Beta? I have him set for DR and damage.  

Damage and crit damage. Badged like that he can pack a very respectable punch using something like the Morning Star, then move using tactical to herd.
    FuriousMoldovanAngelspitATLAS-Z
  • scotpunkscotpunk Member Posts: 11
    Thanks! Will give that a go next badge removal event.
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    It’s about personal style and goals. The all defensive or all offensive philosophy is valid if you’re trying to get 3000+ stars in challenges and beat the high maps in GW and don’t mind paying to heal. I easily hit my 14 round pass and Sasha tokens at 2100 goal every week with my hybrid melee team and waiting out my minor injuries while playing unafraid of a little contact. To push much further, I’d likely need to adjust, but the 38 Rosita tokens at 2400 isn’t much of a carrot and my reward-based motivation means I have no interest in pushing as far as I can every challenge, especially if that means expending resources (gold/tools).
    ShadowWalkerghost_pepper
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,262
    edited April 14
    ATLAS-Z said:
    There you go @Fluxxx can't be too hard to swap those Rosita for Princess to entice the community to play more challenge
    +1.
    Princess tokens have been really scarce and Abe would've had a perfect description for her previous 15 radio call...

Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    ShadowWalkerBurmeliiniszombieornottobe
  • zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 125
    ATLAS-Z said:
    There you go @Fluxxx can't be too hard to swap those Rosita for Princess to entice the community to play more challenge
    Maybe a survey here to see what hero tokens from 2k on, would prompt us to go a little harder in challenges would be in order. @Fluxxx
    Deathwish19Gothgul
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 726
    IcePeter said:
    It’s about personal style and goals. The all defensive or all offensive philosophy is valid if you’re trying to get 3000+ stars in challenges and beat the high maps in GW and don’t mind paying to heal. I easily hit my 14 round pass and Sasha tokens at 2100 goal every week with my hybrid melee team and waiting out my minor injuries while playing unafraid of a little contact. To push much further, I’d likely need to adjust, but the 38 Rosita tokens at 2400 isn’t much of a carrot and my reward-based motivation means I have no interest in pushing as far as I can every challenge, especially if that means expending resources (gold/tools).
    Your post perfectly captures my feelings. I get to sasha tokens each week and then i stop trying. I will only run an mm if it's one of the ones i can beat with some realistic strategy nearly all of the time, which i do basically for the TG of the the round. I always spend my TGs.

I made the eugene tokens twice before, when we had those really easy map weeks the other month. Total fluke.

I'm about to hit sasha tokens right now not even halfway through day 2 and only using the free gas. I will probably not even try for the eugene tokens. They're too far away. It's like a rewards desert.

Early use heros should be early innthe challenge rewards. Premium/new heros should be towards the end. Like that string of hdaryl and srick and haggie. Wtf is rosita doing above 2k? Put her down at 300 stars reward or something. It's a total facepalm thing.
  • Carl_Tyreese999Carl_Tyreese999 Member Posts: 59
    While i mostly agree with Atlas one exception would be scouts like Gabriel or HDaryl, they can be a little hybrid with a mix of dmg reduction and damage. Its not neccessary tho, you can just make them pure offense
    Scotticus