Too small character's pool

Seriously why there's too little characters, I was expecting to see Andrea, Sophia, lydia.. and more of the atleast main characters, I was playing twd rts that's a 2D game and they have many hundreds of toons let alone that they release a new character everyweek, each character has like 3 or 4 versions + the ones of their own signature. This game seriously need to work on depth, very meek efforts from the side of the developers considering twd fan base estimated to be over 40 million
ADPaq[Deleted User]ArqueueJayZRiotZappaZaTTeRiZeDjimmorrison369

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,308
    Well part of the problem is that they tie new strategies to specific heroes and specific gear.

In the current meta is hard to imagine it being any other way, but a lot of leader traits or "special functionality" types could have been more diversity available as general traits, class specific traits, or even basic game mechanics.

But with nearly every new game mechanic being tied to some newly released hero or piece of gear... They have to get more and more creative, continuously outshining the old with the new,...

I can't imagine this formula can continue indefinitely.

I have ideas, but I think we're just too far down that rabbit hole for any meaningful change in this dynamic.

Imagine if leader traits were like unique equipable items and certain heroes could equip certain LTs?

Sasha's good out of bad could be equipped by Sasha, Tara, Maggie or other decided by developers. Beta's one with herd could be equipped by Beta, Alpha, Lydia etc. Basically, you'd click on LT slot and the game would show you which LTs are usable by that hero. And each can only be used by 1 hero at a time. If you want GOB on Tara, you need to unequip it from Sasha.

If they did did like this, they could put out new heroes left and right without needing to do advanced calculus to figure it out with new leader traits.

And if they want to put out new leader traits, they can do that also, but independent of the heroes.

I could go on but there's little chance such a huge change would ever happen soo... Lol.

Cheers. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Jacky2332Angelspit
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,428
    Isn't there like 30 odd show characters in the game and half of them are completely useless 
    Isn't there like 30 odd characters in the show and half of them are completely useless. :lol:
    ATLAS-ZAngelspithunter_xjimmorrison369
  • Jacky2332Jacky2332 Member Posts: 49
    WellyLuga said:
    Quality over quantity, as the saying goes. The amount of time, effort and resources you have to put in to get a hero up to par is quite considerate so if they started releasing a new hero every week you'd be forever chasing your tail. You can only take 3 heroes into a mission, why would you need hundreds?

If you're a gamer who prefers the collector side of things you should try Pokemon. The majority of the main characters are here.
    Totally disagree with what you're saying, I think this game needs to be kept fresh by releasing new content constantly that's how you pay respect for someone playing your game, it's definitely too shallow and lacks synergy, absolutely needs more characters, many of the coolest main characters are missing, no kids survivors no animals to Shiva and dog, devs seriously need to take away the laziness and sloth mood get inspired and motivated and work on their game 
    Superherohunter_xPaste
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Well part of the problem is that they tie new strategies to specific heroes and specific gear.

In the current meta is hard to imagine it being any other way, but a lot of leader traits or "special functionality" types could have been more diversity available as general traits, class specific traits, or even basic game mechanics.

But with nearly every new game mechanic being tied to some newly released hero or piece of gear... They have to get more and more creative, continuously outshining the old with the new,...

I can't imagine this formula can continue indefinitely.

I have ideas, but I think we're just too far down that rabbit hole for any meaningful change in this dynamic.

Imagine if leader traits were like unique equipable items and certain heroes could equip certain LTs?

Sasha's good out of bad could be equipped by Sasha, Tara, Maggie or other decided by developers. Beta's one with herd could be equipped by Beta, Alpha, Lydia etc. Basically, you'd click on LT slot and the game would show you which LTs are usable by that hero. And each can only be used by 1 hero at a time. If you want GOB on Tara, you need to unequip it from Sasha.

If they did did like this, they could put out new heroes left and right without needing to do advanced calculus to figure it out with new leader traits.

And if they want to put out new leader traits, they can do that also, but independent of the heroes.

I could go on but there's little chance such a huge change would ever happen soo... Lol.

Cheers. 
    This game definitely has potential to be a great game, but needs a lot of work, meta is shifting so slowly there's very limited creativity to your team and what you can do with, it's needs depth and add more synergy to battle, keep content fresh, introduce new toons that add strategy to the gameplay 
    [Deleted User]Superhero
    I'd rather have the ability to add customized features to a hero character like a hyper-alloy combat chassis, a neural-net processor, and infrared vision. Yeah, that would be cool. :sunglasses:
    So sad there's just too little of what you can do in this game 
    Jacky2332 said:
    Seriously why there's too little characters, I was expecting to see Andrea, Sophia, lydia.. and more of the atleast main characters, I was playing twd rts that's a 2D game and they have many hundreds of toons let alone that they release a new character everyweek, each character has like 3 or 4 versions + the ones of their own signature. This game seriously need to work on depth, very meek efforts from the side of the developers considering twd fan base estimated to be over 40 million
    This game definitely needs a revamp, need to make a official discord server to get in touch with the community 
    Isn't there like 30 odd show characters in the game and half of them are completely useless 
    They needs to add Shiva, dog and kids survivors
    ShadowWalker
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 690
    Jacky2332 said:
    They needs to add Shiva, dog and kids survivors
    Better yet, characters from Fear The Walking Dead!!! Peep the last page of this:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30569/my-own-new-heros-unoffical/p1

Or at the very least, different clothing for all characters and not just Glenn (Scout), Rick (Shooter), and Daryl(Scout). Some awesome ideas here:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/44432/skin-concepts
    Jacky2332
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,046
    Jacky2332 said:
    Jacky2332 said:
    This game definitely needs a revamp, need to make a official discord server to get in touch with the community 
    I believe there is a platform for this, whether it's on discord or slack I'm not sure but I know it exists. The community manager on the forums is active here too.

Jacky2332 said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Quality over quantity, as the saying goes. The amount of time, effort and resources you have to put in to get a hero up to par is quite considerate so if they started releasing a new hero every week you'd be forever chasing your tail. You can only take 3 heroes into a mission, why would you need hundreds?

If you're a gamer who prefers the collector side of things you should try Pokemon. The majority of the main characters are here.
    Totally disagree with what you're saying, I think this game needs to be kept fresh by releasing new content constantly that's how you pay respect for someone playing your game, it's definitely too shallow and lacks synergy, absolutely needs more characters, many of the coolest main characters are missing, no kids survivors no animals to Shiva and dog, devs seriously need to take away the laziness and sloth mood get inspired and motivated and work on their game 
    I have my opinion, you have yours. That's fine. New content is released pretty consistently, there is a new update every couple months. I mean they literally just released two new heroes, one is mediocre so far but the other has completely changed the dynamic of the game. I am sure this game is pretty profitable for NG but I don't believe they are lazy, I think they manage their resources to keep the game fresh whilst still keeping it profitable. With more people working on the development side of things I'm sure they could push more content out but I don't know if it would make them a lot more money to make it worth it.
    GovernatorPasteJacky2332jimmorrison369
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    WellyLuga said:
    Jacky2332 said:
    Jacky2332 said:
    I believe there is a platform for this, whether it's on discord or slack I'm not sure but I know it exists. The community manager on the forums is active here too.

Jacky2332 said:
    WellyLuga said:

I have my opinion, you have yours. That's fine. New content is released pretty consistently, there is a new update every couple months. I mean they literally just released two new heroes, one is mediocre so far but the other has completely changed the dynamic of the game. I am sure this game is pretty profitable for NG but I don't believe they are lazy, I think they manage their resources to keep the game fresh whilst still keeping it profitable. With more people working on the development side of things I'm sure they could push more content out but I don't know if it would make them a lot more money to make it worth it.
    Stop making so much damn sense.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    WellyLugaGovernator
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    andrea, sophia and lydia among the weakest survivors
    alongside with Beth (CMIIW)
    Jacky2332
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    I'd rather have the ability to add customized features to a hero character like a hyper-alloy combat chassis, a neural-net processor, and infrared vision. Yeah, that would be cool. :sunglasses:

sure, but the game will be buggy like hell
    happened when NG introduced badges, inventory bags and also guild wars
    Jacky2332
    WellyLuga said:
    Jacky2332 said:
    Jacky2332 said:

Jacky2332 said:
    WellyLuga said:

It's so slowly paced and when comparing it other zombie/survival games it's very so slowly paced, many ppl just quit after a week or 2, now imagine if those ppl stay, almost all other games has a global chat except this one that quickly incite boredom and ppl will just go other exciting and chatty games, add a character is very slow needs atleast to add a new character every 2 weeks or atleast once a month and I'm sure if they made a competitive and exciting environment they will make x10 of what they're making right now, don't u know they just shutdown their older cowboy game that alone will show they're doing it wrong and as a friendly advice I'd suggest you to go play twd : rts, twd : survivors & state of survival just so u get an idea of how the things works a company aswell needs to be competitive in the market stay relevant and succeed to keep their players
    PasteADPaq
    hunter_x said:

sure, but the game will be buggy like hell
    happened when NG introduced badges, inventory bags and also guild wars
    Ehh, just buy a better phone 
    ADPaq
    hunter_x said:
    andrea, sophia and lydia among the weakest survivors
    alongside with Beth (CMIIW)
    It's not the end of the world, They could just add other stronger versions of them characters 
    Arqueue said:
    Jacky2332 said:

firstly, TWD:RTS is drawn in cartoony comic-book style. The cartoon characters don't even look like the series characters and thus far from realistic. you call yourself a fan of TWD but you accept the 'Rick' in that game which looks like shit. Though turn-based, the fights look comical and don't require a brain for planning or strategy. its like the old final fantasy game - stand where you are and take turns hitting. just equip your heroes with the best equipment and let them go...you like this kind? haha...

TWD:NML is drawn in an almost realistic-style. the environment and the characters look real. just look at the Rick, Morgan, Sasha, Beta etc. This game requires some brain to plan and strategize. different weapons for different situations. the characters need to move to the exit but in between, they need to be re-positioned in such a way to maximize damage and minimize loss. THIS is the real turn-based strategy game

So don't hype the developers of 'Road to Survival' just because of the hundreds of toons in it. they are the lazy ones. they opted for cartoony than realism. anyone can draw a portrait and call him 'Rick', 'Morgan' etc. furthermore, their coding/programming are so simple and generic, etc. probably refers to you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

you highlighted Lydia, Sophia... so i ask you, are you a fan of Alden, Amy or Morales? do you even remember them? out of your hundred toons, only a handful are fan favorites. i do agree there are some characters that should be in the game but that's up to the developers decision

you seem to like many versions of a character. imagine 4 versions - the dumb Rick, the useless Rick, the normal Rick and the powerful Rick? all we need here are two versions. the normal Rick and the alternative Rick. you still want more?

NML can't have 'hundreds of toons'. one main reason is the Leader's Trait and its programming. To me, LTs are the core of this game. NG makes sure that all LTs are unique and different. if you have too many characters, eventually some LTs may overlap and players will always choose the best based on the stats, and forget the worst characters. it will just be a wasted effort on NG's part. also, with more unique LTs, comes more complicated programming. don't forget, during a fight, the LTs not just affect the walkers, they also may affect the heroes and the raiders, and vice versa. these are not lazy programming

as a player, i dont want many characters. the more characters we have, the lower the chances of getting your desired hero tokens. you want that too? 

finally, if you still unhappy with the 30+ heroes in NML, you can return to your 100+ heroes in RTS and don't ever look back.... 
    Haha, but do you know that NG is dying an soon if they stayed like they that they will have to shut servers? Don't you know that they just closed servers of their cowboy game? Don't you know that they no longer have enough employees to run their games? If you care about this game and want see it continue I'd suggest you to change the way you think and think of it more of like a business, you have any idea how much rts make? I'm definitely not suggesting this game to be like a rts but just take an exemple of how the business is going, and before you judge you should go and play the game for a while because despite it being 2D and comical It has tons of strategies and depth not just they put hundreds of characters for no reason, go to their discord and you will how much synergy and how much complicated the game and the battles are, so for all the above NG need to work more and maybe add a couple of bureau in USA and china that will help them recruit easier and expand their business 
    PasteADPaq
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 826
    So @Jacky2332, how long have you been playing nml and what level have you reached?

Not every game is the same. Different development platforms and different development visions can lead to wildly different outcome products after factoring in start up money and talent pool capacity. Then you factor in how the developer evolves over time and keeps their game relevent and fun to their existing player base. Any mobile game that still creates new meaningful content after 5 years is doing something right. It might not be the game you want but they are being successful. 

The twd/zombie game i want involves a more immersive experience. I want randomization in terms of how the initial house/building/neighborhood you start out in is laid out and populated with items. Then the zombie apocalypse hits that area. How do you survive the chaos and the unknown? Are you on foot or in a vehicle or holed up in a grocery store? At what point do other people become a useful commodity or a threat? Do you form a community and manage those challenges and the challenges of other communities? Do you stay in a small group or go solo? And the most inportant part of all of this, i want the game to reflect the real world, like built off of google maps for example. Roads and buildings are where they really are. Land marks from all over the world are recognizable and playable. Being inside of a casino in las vegas or driving roads on the italian contry side or using the great wall of china to travel long distances rather than the zombie plague filled country side.. All of it would be accessable. Every downtown city would have skyscraper buildings you could go into and travel up in floor by floor. Every rural country side would have farms where you could build defenses, and maybe those defenses hold. I could go on and on about this..

One thing i don't do is hold NG accountable for not building my dream zombie game.

Firekidjimmorrison369Paste
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 378
    The good news is that there are existing games providing exactly what you are asking for. This may not be the game for you if you have ADHD. 
    RiotZappaJacky2332
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    This is not that game.
    It never was and I wouldn't be here if it were.
    Jacky2332
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,428
    I'd let Maggie into my pool... :sunglasses:

Killdozer187_SPC_TORRESJacky2332
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 519
    Try to relax, be like Ping Ping bro
    SPC_TORRESGovernatorJacky2332