Help Please

Hi Guys, As I progress in the game I am wondering how many hero,s I should be progressing with as it is impossible to level up and max everyone. I currently have all hero,s except Yumiko and Beth. I currently have 15 at level 22  9 at level 21 and the rest between 20 and 14. Is there a recommended number to push on with or is it personal choice. Same applies to badging. As I only tend to use the same hero,s over and over do I bother badging ones I hardly use even though I have them. I am level  67 currently and my top players are

Sasha, Shane, Eugene, RG glenn, Beta, Michonne, Scout Rick, Scout Darryl,  Abe and Princess, Tara and Shooter Rick
Are these the 12 I should be focussing on , levelling up and maxing out of do I take more or less
Appreciate any feedback as I feel I am stuck at present and do not appear to be getting high enough scores in challenge or guild wars 

Comments

• TeenahGeeTeenahGee Member Posts: 305
    Out of that list, I would stop working on shooter Rick, Tara and Michonne if you want to focus.  At you level a great melee team will get you far.  RGG, Eugene and Stabby Rick are my go to. 
  • YamYamYamYam Member Posts: 8
    Thanks teenah, but how many out of my 39 players do I progress, 12 more or less 
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 435
    edited July 21
    There is no particular number. It’s just who you want to play with

edit: and what do you consider high enough in scores. It’s all relative 
    Don’t worry about always comparing yourself to others. Play the game, enjoy it, and the rest will follow. 
    Heaps of players vary in abilities, I have seen some players with perfect teams and they are hopeless. 
    If you want to get better try looking up videos and watching the movements and placements. You will see the game is not just a bang bang shoot em up. 
    Well SPY team is changing that 👎🏻👎🏻
    RiotZappa
    Thanks Bruce, I take it you are not a fan of Spy then 
    YamYam said:
    Thanks Bruce, I take it you are not a fan of Spy then 
    It’s effective. I’m not going to sit here and say it’s not. It definitely is
    Having new players to the game that have the ability to score as much as you in guild wars and challenges because they have their SPY team on point is disappointing. 5 1/2 years of building and acquiring, investing into your game. Now new players can do what they do with a basic 5 star Yumi/Princess seems a bit off. 
    I feel let down by the situation. But in the end I understand, this is a game and they want to create new content and try to squeeze everything out of the community before the game dries up is understandable. I’m just not a fan of the direction. 
    I will still play how I do as I can do Island 20 fine without it. And I enjoy that play more, I’ve never been a big fan of Assaults anyway. 
    But this game you see in challenge mode a lot of players chasing perfection, and the amount of tools people want to use. It has become a strategy for some of them to lob a flare at the beginning lol. It is what it is
    So basically to your reply haha, not a fan. But I definitely think SPY is effective! It’s not very exciting and not for me….. (often 😅)
    All the best. 
    Thanks for the input mate, it has given me a lot to think about. I think I am guilty of chasing the high scores and in recent weeks I have seen other members of my guild who have the SPY team rapidly catching me up and overtaking me, it does get a tad disheartening. I think like you said , I need to play the game for enjoyment and not keep constantly looking at the skateboards lol. 
    I know you are much higher than me, but how many players do you have levelling up. I was thinking of between 12 and 15 as it's impossible to do everyone. Does that sound right 
    Thanks again 
    Leaderboards not skateboards !!!!!
    Angelspit
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 250
    Yeah! 10 to 15 is fine. Eugene, RGG, SRick, HDaryl, Sasha, HMaggie, Beta, Shane, Yumiko, Princess, Abraham
    Maybe: PGG, Alpha, Aaron, Rick, Rufus
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Thanks Novell, seems to be a difference of opinion as regards shooter Rick, I guess it's all down to gameplay styles and personal opinion.
    Saying that though , you do see the same top 10 players in all lists. In my case it's who I have the most pink stars with and they don't always match up to top players.
    Still wish I had Yumiko though !!!!
    Hey again, 

In reality the number you are chasing is the number you need to push you further in the game. You end up upgrading them all just to use XP. Because at times you are scratching your head as everything is done. 
    I have all of mine upgraded even though I don’t use them. With old Hero’s now being tweaked (PGG etc), it was nice to have them up to speed at a click of the fingers. 
    I have never really put a number on how many people needed to be upgraded. But here is some examples to get some digits down
    Hunters- Sasha, Shane
    Scouts- Rick, Daryl, PGG
    Bruisers- Eugene, RGG, Tdog, Morgan
    Warriors- Beta, (Michonne & Jesus but isn’t essential)
    Assault- Princess, Rufus, Abe 
    Shooters- Yumi, (Maggie but isn’t essential)

Outpost/GW defence- Carl, Dwight and Negan are a common trio. 
    To help with Farming- Governor 

Non Hero’s- I still tinker with my Assault & Bruiser. But heaps of people don’t use them. So this is a personal thing. 
    And at the end of the day it’s all personal preference. I hope these will help you push a long. But the team I just named are Toons I would find very beneficial to help push me further. 
    All the best :) 
    Angelspit
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help and advise me , it is much appreciated 
    brucewayne007
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 250
    edited July 22
    YamYam said:
    Thanks Novell, seems to be a difference of opinion as regards shooter Rick, I guess it's all down to gameplay styles and personal opinion.
    Saying that though , you do see the same top 10 players in all lists. In my case it's who I have the most pink stars with and they don't always match up to top players.
    Weapons, armor and badges are also nessesary to push the limits. Read JayZ compendium and you will learn a lot: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium/p1

I don't have unlocked Princess and Yumiko yet, because i like playimg with meele team.
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY