Scoped 9mm Needs Work

KasutoKasuto Member Posts: 23
edited August 19 in Suggestions & Ideas
The Scoped 9mm was the first weapon I bought in the game. I was so excited! I anticipated being able to hit targets 8 spaces away (more than other handguns can fire). Much to my disappointment, it did not. I didn't say anything at the time; I was still pretty new to the game. But over the months, it has rankled more and more. Normally, I can't say enough good things about this game. But in this case, I feel like I was a victim of false advertising. The text on its Special Functionality reads: 
"High-powered scope allows the shooter to aim at targets further away than pistols can normally fire."

Pistols can normally fire up to 7 spaces away with the Golden High-powered trait. So I expected this meant that the Scoped 9mm would fire up to 8 spaces away. Seems reasonable, doesn't it? 

So why does it only fire 7?

As it is, it's not even a special weapon anymore. It's an Infused weapon, is what it is. I mean, still valuable, but barely. After all, as a Shooter, how often do you use Point Blank? At least if the traits included Golden Destructive instead of Silver, it would be more valuable, since the extra damage could be applied at any distance. Golden Point Blank is really a novelty feature.

PLEASE! Next Games, can you improve this weapon so it fits with the actual description?

And if you won't make it a distance 8, at least swap the Destructive and Point Blank attributes, and change the color to red instead of green, since it's really just an infused item.

Comments

• brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 627
    Mate I had to go do some pics to show you the difference. 
    1 has no extra spaces (bottom)
    1 has silver (top)
    1 is the pistol you speak of in the Middle. 
    It is clear that it shoots further 
    I’m not sure why you expected it to be further then the gold High powered trait. 
    It’s been like this forever. The pistol is not new in this game either
    pkaygh1
    "High-powered scope allows the shooter to aim at targets further away than pistols can normally fire."

The description is clear….. (Normally fire)
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,299
    And it still ridiculously shoots further than a sniper rifle 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • KasutoKasuto Member Posts: 23
    You all have clearly been here a lot longer than I have. Which is why I seem to be getting the sentiment of "This is just how things are, and how they've always been, and we're happy with that."

Well, guess what? I'm not.

Brucewayne007, all you did was demonstrate that it fires at a distance of 7, which is the same as all the Gold High-powered guns I've collected. Big f*%^ing whoop.

And ATLAS-Z thinks 1 space extra is "ridiculously further"? Maybe for melee. For Shooter, not so big a deal.

I am assuming that this gun came out way before my time, like 2016 or something. When it was released, it was probably the shiznit. Now, not so much. There were probably no guns with the High-powered trait out there, or maybe the Gold one didn't exist yet. If that were the case, I can understand why this would seem so impressive.

Look, all I'm saying is that it needs to be revamped to be a more worthwhile weapon in modern times. Like I said, if they don't want to mess with the distance, at least swap the top 2 silver and gold traits, since gold destructive would be more valuable.
    brucewayne007
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,299
    Hey man rant if you want to, but don't misquote me. 

I did NOT say "1 space extra is "ridiculously further""

Those are your words.

I in fact said this:
    ATLAS-Z said:
    And it still ridiculously shoots further than a sniper rifle 
    As in, it's already stupid that a handgun can shoot further than a sniper rifle and here you're asking for MORE range??

As I said, rant away brother, but don't misquote me.

Cheers! 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 63
    You bought this gun hoping it was the best of the best. Point blank shot became quite a useless trait… the extra range isn’t that amazing and let’s face it, shooting further wouldn’t be a game changer.
    The weapon doesn’t cause cripple, has gold piercing which goes against today’s strategies. It also has silver destructive instead of gold and causes threat. The assassin bow wins.
    Accept the weapon isn’t good, it hurts less!
    TCBRITOKasuto
    Kasuto said:
    You all have clearly been here a lot longer than I have. Which is why I seem to be getting the sentiment of "This is just how things are, and how they've always been, and we're happy with that."

Well, guess what? I'm not.

Brucewayne007, all you did was demonstrate that it fires at a distance of 7, which is the same as all the Gold High-powered guns I've collected. Big f*%^ing whoop.

And ATLAS-Z thinks 1 space extra is "ridiculously further"? Maybe for melee. For Shooter, not so big a deal.

I am assuming that this gun came out way before my time, like 2016 or something. When it was released, it was probably the shiznit. Now, not so much. There were probably no guns with the High-powered trait out there, or maybe the Gold one didn't exist yet. If that were the case, I can understand why this would seem so impressive.

Look, all I'm saying is that it needs to be revamped to be a more worthwhile weapon in modern times. Like I said, if they don't want to mess with the distance, at least swap the top 2 silver and gold traits, since gold destructive would be more valuable.
     Brother. 
    It’s all love  from me. I apologise is you have felt disrespected from me. 
    I Agree they could tweak it. 
    I agree with you. I feel this pistol should offer a bit more. It’s a unique weaponl

• KasutoKasuto Member Posts: 23

ATLAS-Z, my apologies. I misunderstood your comment. I agree that a pistol shooting further than a sniper rifle is ridiculous. But it works for the mechanics of the game, since a sniper generally targets one enemy at a time, as do Shooters.

Brucewayne007, your words are appreciated. Sorry if I come on strong. I am passionate about this game. I’ve been playing for 2 years, and I’m the MVP in my guild. It’s a great game, and I just want to see it get better.

PP1990, point taken. I will probably have to do as you suggest and simply accept things as they are. But at least I can complain a little first. You never know when your words can affect things for the better. And one additional space may not be a game changer, but it would make me feel better!

brucewayne007ATLAS-Z