Flaming Crossbow w/ Cripple Ignition Rate

This weapon has a special functionality of "45% chance to ignite targets". This is not functioning as listed. In all my tests it is no better than 22%. There is a bug somewhere with this. I don't know what it is but it is like the % for ignition is being dampened further by another action. Perhaps it's become 45% chance if a critical hit or 45% chance if a body shot. there is something else at work. It is definitely not 45%. Anyone else seeing this?

@Lexia is this being investigated?
ATLAS-ZPP1990Killdozer187_TCBRITOandy75DiElEl

Comments

• SpammageSpammage Member Posts: 12
    I haven't used the hunter version for a while for this very reason.  I see the same thing with the flaming crossbow pistol too.
    TCBRITO
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,329
    Yeah it seems very low

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    TCBRITO
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 535
    Cronus said:
    This weapon has a special functionality of "45% chance to ignite targets". This is not functioning as listed. In all my tests it is no better than 22%. There is a bug somewhere with this. I don't know what it is but it is like the % for ignition is being dampened further by another action. Perhaps it's become 45% chance if a critical hit or 45% chance if a body shot. there is something else at work. It is definitely not 45%. Anyone else seeing this?

@Lexia is this being investigated?
    Nice catch, I thought it was off but I've been busy doing other stuff to test it. 
  • Winston457Winston457 Member Posts: 60
    I was having some FOMO after not purchasing this weapon.  Not worried about it anymore.
    Shezza10
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 63
    I totally agree! I Thought the chance seemed so low but I never really bothered!
    I was having some FOMO after not purchasing this weapon.  Not worried about it anymore.

Still the best overall for Yumiko, but it needs to be bumped at least to as advertised

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    TCBRITO
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,152
    I totally agree...on Army of 3 a couple weeks ago I had an armor walker het hit 10X with no ignition.
    An in the Kill the Boss map in this challenge cant get it to light up.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

TCBRITO
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 63
    Was this fixed in the last update and why does a cross bow increase threat? Crossbows are silent weapons and we see Daryl use it as a silent weapon in the tv show…
    ATLAS-Z
  • SparrowMervSparrowMerv Member Posts: 77
    My first thought as well, now i got my Daryll (almost) completly silent with his 4 trait crossbow i don't care as much for it than in the beginning when you needed silence more. Now i'm just blasting away with every gun i have.
  • NatsuDarkNatsuDark Member Posts: 43
    I took a look at the game data and I can confirm that they did something about it. it's probably going to be better now, or at least I hope it is.
    ghost_pepper
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,054
    edited August 28
    I came here to say I've noticed it being much more reliable this challenge and wondered whether the latest update was the reason. There are still moments of repeated fails but I've noticed multiple occasions of it lighting repeatedly. This challenge it felt like it was working how I expected.
    Burmeliinis
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 262
    It is not effected by luck like the flare gun but I agree it needs some improvement. Maybe just let it interact with lucky trait on survivor. 
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,386
    Move a weapon trait that’s not affected by luck as the fourth trait and move incendiary as a regular trait so it’s affected by luck.

Most likely the built in trait is hard coded on the weapon.
    JayZATLAS-ZRik
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,012
    It was only 35% before (like the bazooka)
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,152
    Lexia said:
    Thank you all for the shared details and inputs!

We had a look at the data and noticed a mismatch with information in game and the actual data. The Flaming Crossbow and the Flaming Crossbow Pistol both now have a 45% chance to ignite the targets 🔥
    Flaming Cross Bow Pistol must interact with Lucky or it is pretty undependable, and will stay on the bench.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

ATLAS-ZTheKingTCBRITOGovernator
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 149
    Je suis complément d'accord avec vous, ici au 13 ème coups j'ai reussit a allumer:

• zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 125
    PP1990 said:
    Was this fixed in the last update and why does a cross bow increase threat? Crossbows are silent weapons and we see Daryl use it as a silent weapon in the tv show…
    He must have it tuned to play an Eddie van Halen power chord. I wouldn't know, ive played without sound for years now
    Winston457
  • Winston457Winston457 Member Posts: 60
    PP1990 said:
    He must have it tuned to play an Eddie van Halen power chord. I wouldn't know, ive played without sound for years now

Can't remember the last time I had sound on for any game I've played on my phone.
    Kind of hard to play at work if the sound is on.
    Shezza10ShadowWalkerGovernator
  • WDW76WDW76 Member Posts: 32
    edited September 8
    II bought the burning crossbow last weekend. I was looking forward to the Distance today. Wanted to burn the Winslows down in Nightmare mode. Unfortunately I had to find out that the ignition rate of 45% does not apply under any circumstances. The first Winslow ignited on the eight hit and the second Winslow only ignited on the 11th hit. Of course there is no video. But please check it again. @Lexia
    TCBRITO
  • DedmonDedmon Member Posts: 26
    NG the answer is put a new tactical flare gun with cripple infused trait in next GW shop. Thanks for your consideration!
    GovernatorATLAS-Z
  • deividaclimadeividaclima Member Posts: 27
    Billbam said:
    Lexia said:
    Thank you all for the shared details and inputs!

We had a look at the data and noticed a mismatch with information in game and the actual data. The Flaming Crossbow and the Flaming Crossbow Pistol both now have a 45% chance to ignite the targets 🔥
    Flaming Cross Bow Pistol must interact with Lucky or it is pretty undependable, and will stay on the bench.
    @Lexia

Should the Special Funcionallity, like ignition in Flaming Cross Bow pistol, interact with Lucky?

Burmeliinis
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,410
    It would be amazing if Lucky affected special functionality, but then NG would have to change plumbing for all special functionality weapons.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    edited October 2

(SF Point blank shot) 
    (plus tactical) 
    (plus "toggle" button for piercing on/off) 

Christmas is coming... 

Hahaha  :p  ;)  :*

Our page :

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalkerghost_pepper
  • NatsuDarkNatsuDark Member Posts: 43
    Hey NG, I think you guys have brought the weapon's ignition percentage back to 35% in this new update, I recommend you fix it Soon!!
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 234
    Hi @NatsuDark, it has already been fixed 😊
    NatsuDarkEngAamie
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 302
    Daiiko said:
    Je suis complément d'accord avec vous, ici au 13 ème coups j'ai reussit a allumer:

This is the most boring video i have ever seen! Is this the way elite players reach 4.878 points in challenge? 45min (or something like that) to complete 1 mission. Also using one or more tools per mission? Holly shit guys. You are realy crazy. So much time and money (or gold) for a mobile game... B)
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,306
    @Lexia @Fluxxx I’m still standing by this hasn’t been totally fixed. You use this weapon enough and you know it’s not working at a 45% ignition rate. This video is just another sample. 8 consecutive shots without ignition. The 9th and final shot ignited a walker. That’s an 11% rate. Statistically most improbable to have 8 consecutive misses. Again this is just one example.

https://youtu.be/vVVIXd880nI
    JayZTCBRITO
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,306
    To put the math behind it, there is a 55% chance (probability) that a shot will not ignite the target. The probability of getting 8 consecutive shots that don't ignite is (0.55)^8 or 0.84% probability. Please don't reply with "it's possible then." I can continue to post examples and this is just the latest one. I am confident that the 45% ignition rate is not functioning as advertised. 
    JayZTCBRITOADPaqbrucewayne007