Flaming Crossbow w/ Cripple Ignition Rate

2»

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,227
    I totally understand your frustration, but as a simple fix, why not just use the incendiary crippling gun from the GW shop? That one has a far better ignition rate.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 835
    I totally understand your frustration, but as a simple fix, why not just use the incendiary crippling gun from the GW shop? That one has a far better ignition rate.
    Because it doesn't have extended range and he paid money for it. So people that bought it for $15 should just accept it isn't working as intended? 
    JayZTCBRITOCronusRohlikzauchemADPaqATLAS-Zmiori199373RiotZappa
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,252
    edited October 2021
    I had reservations about the range but since it is mainly used whilst attacking walkers in assault range I've not found it harmful in anyway and it just totally removes all these furstrations. 

There are many weapons I paid £15 for which I don't use anymore so I think getting annoyed about that is a slippery slope :lol:
    m4s
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,481
    Because it doesn't have extended range and he paid money for it. So people that bought it for $15 should just accept it isn't working as intended? 
    It's this. There are situations where a high value target is better to keep behind the stun wall and as far away as possible (especially if on the diagonal). And yes, there are weapons that I paid money for that I no longer use. That happens. However this is something I paid for that does not meet the advertised functionality. That is not a slippery slope in the least. 45% incendiary should function 45% of the time. I purchased that knowing and expecting that number to be true. If it is not, which I will argue it is not, then it's problematic.
    RohlikzauchemADPaqborneokidATLAS-Zmiori199373RiotZappaSarge_
    Cronus said:
    It's this. There are situations where a high value target is better to keep behind the stun wall and as far away as possible (especially if on the diagonal). And yes, there are weapons that I paid money for that I no longer use. That happens. However this is something I paid for that does not meet the advertised functionality. That is not a slippery slope in the least. 45% incendiary should function 45% of the time. I purchased that knowing and expecting that number to be true. If it is not, which I will argue it is not, then it's problematic.
    I know I wouldn't purchase a fire pistol if it advertised: 15% chance of ignition for $15 😀
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,227
    The pistol is coded to have an ignition rate of 45% so the only way to disprove that is by doing a test: video of mission (distance works great for this) of at least 100 attacks with the gun and count the number of incendiary hits. Before that it’s just anecdotal evidence, which we know only gets that far.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    The pistol is coded to have an ignition rate of 45% so the only way to disprove that is by doing a test: video of mission (distance works great for this) of at least 100 attacks with the gun and count the number of incendiary hits. Before that it’s just anecdotal evidence, which we know only gets that far.
    This could be true if I was convinced that there was no possibility that there is some coding on the walkers that impacts ignition rate. In the video link that I provided the 8 consecutive shots that didn't ignite were all on fatties. The 9th shot which did ignite was an armored walker. Fatties are already stun resistant but can be rooted. Maybe something in their code changes incendiary %. Even so 8 consecutive shots not igniting is a little more than anecdotal.
    ATLAS-Zmiori199373Sarge_
  • NatsuDarkNatsuDark Member Posts: 73
    Cronus said:
    This could be true if I was convinced that there was no possibility that there is some coding on the walkers that impacts ignition rate. In the video link that I provided the 8 consecutive shots that didn't ignite were all on fatties. The 9th shot which did ignite was an armored walker. Fatties are already stun resistant but can be rooted. Maybe something in their code changes incendiary %. Even so 8 consecutive shots not igniting is a little more than anecdotal.
    I don't see a reason why there could be an code in walkers that would affect any chance in general (excluding bodyshots). I see that for me, the flaming crossbow is working as usual, which might imply that the case of the video is huge bad luck, or a bug in your account. Anyway, it's worth contacting Support about it.
    ADPaq
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 1,156
    Thank you for your alertness - there were indeed some numbers converted back to the previous incorrect ones, which explains the lower ignite rate. We've checked and made changes accordingly. My apologies everyone 🙏
    s7eyeW8KratosPP1990FuriousMoldovanTheKingATLAS-ZSarge_
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 89
    Poor Lexia. Always taking the hits because of the poor developers. How can they cause this to stop working over and over again… oh well! Thanks for the fix again :)
  • NatsuDarkNatsuDark Member Posts: 73
    lol, so there really something...
    sorry for doubting @Cronus
    Lexia said:
    Thank you for your alertness - there were indeed some numbers converted back to the previous incorrect ones, which explains the lower ignite rate. We've checked and made changes accordingly. My apologies everyone 🙏
    Please credit 1,000,000 quatloos to my account
    FuriousMoldovanghost_pepperm4sATLAS-Z
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,302
    Lexia said:

The second time around 😅

Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    Cronus said:
    Lexia said:
    Please credit 1,000,000 quatloos to my account

All who purchased Flaming Crossbow Pistol:

TheKingCronusBurmeliinisghost_peppers7eyeW8
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,185
    I was gonna facepalm meme this but that's a better startrek humor for this. Today, you sir win the forum!
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,772
    Cronus said:

HVTs... Heh, yeah I like to keep them at range too as much as possible. 

But also, I agree that the GWs import pistol is far too good for its own good.

Worst case scenario, with import, if 2-3 Heavies get in your face you'll have to use tools a bit more often than you would with the Xbow, where you can work them from a distance. But it's not often you get 2 in your face at once so only an extra tool here or there. No bigs. Import is a solid weapon. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Something still isn't right with this weapon. It only happens when shooting tanks but it seems to work fine vs other types of walkers. Here is a picture because I wasn't recording but I shot this tank at least 12x and killed everything else on the map and it never caught fire. 
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 109
    Ignition rate on specials is still absolutely lower then stated. On the other hand igniting normal Zs is more than 45%. It could be overall average with separate chances for specaials and normal Zs. Could be nice ranged nerf but with honest and detailed documentation.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,214
    I agree I can't light up the tank in Pool Shark
    Sarge_
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 393
    unequip - equip - solved
    ↑ this could help if still having issue.

Works fine for me, lighted up 2 Tanks both on the first shot:
    https://youtu.be/JriIY8UPYGY