ORNATE SHOTGUN trait replace

ArnoldasArnoldas Member Posts: 31
@Lexia, please consider replacing ornate shotgun's golden piercing trait with the golden incendiary trait. Almost every player is using Sasha in the lead and piercing trait doesn't help at all to get charge points because making less bodyshots.
Let us know if it would be replacement, thank you in advance.

aquilaMudMoccasinKratosm4sADPaqPP1990FuriousMoldovanbrucewayne007ghost_pepperalbaniansurvivorSkywithinrelb67HawaiifettSarge_den4play

Comments

• aquilaaquila Member Posts: 297
    Great suggestion 👍
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,163
    Suggested the same thing a while back, destined to be a collectors item hang on the wall and look pretty. Nothing more. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 152
    echonap said:
    You can buy that version of the weapon in 2-3 months with $$$ 
    They do that all the time, so just dont buy it then and maybe they learn it the hard way.
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 301
    Complete trash.
    Paste
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 868
    Also, change the charge attack so that it stuns walkers, but cripples fatties like Luke's Mace.

As it is right now, I'm only going to use it on Maggie for scavenging missions because of the extra movement. 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,001
    Don't you just love it when a weapon needs a rework before it's even been released :lol:. It's a shame that it's not the 3k prize rather than the bident cause then I could save myself 800 gold.
    brucewayne007ShadowWalkerADPaqCaptainslayer
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    @Lexia
    Agree 100%, please at least replace piercing with incendiary, otherwise it's pretty much useless for most.

Would be nice to have Rooting Charge instead of crippling as well. Thanks.
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    brucewayne007Captainslayer
  • nofearznofearz Member Posts: 8
    such an awesome looking gun but not much use compared to other hunter weapon.  Pls add fire attribute and / or change cripple to 1 turn stun…. so this weapon can be a real once in an anniversary weapon.  Now that will make it as hot as its looks!  
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 730
    BOTH items are complete trash.

At least the spear it's almost break even trash. 800 gold for 2 distance resets for a tactical spear. 1k gold in bm for tactical spear + 1k BM tokens. 1k BM tokens buys x2 500 BM tokens tool packs, which would cost 200 gold.

So 1 bident + 200 gold buys 4 tools = 1k gold

Or
    1 tactical in spear for 1k gold with 4 free tools
    I don't have to work for one of them. That makes that one better.
    Paste
  • SFUnoSFUno Member Posts: 4
    @Lexia. I agree 100% with everyone.  Replace piercing with fire and/or cripple charge attack with rooting.  Everyone wants to be excited for an awesome anniversary weapon that looks really cool but everyone is let down by this.  It’s useless as is.

Thanks!
    ladre5PasteSuperheroFuriousMoldovan
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 553
    If you’ll change cripple for Rooting. I highly recommend you do that with the Bruiser weapon “Luke’s Gear Mace” that we got jipped on. 
    Crippling “special” walkers when we only have 1/2 an action left with Bruisers isn’t great. 

FuriousMoldovanghost_pepper
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    Yes, then also replace the charge attack to something useful as well... Why cripple when we already have weapons that can root or stun?

It does look nice though.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 301
    @Lexia @Fluxxx Why no responses? This is a clear outrage and the community deserves a response. You know the NG cash-cow is driven by SPY so why put piercing on such a cool looking weapon? We deserve at least a response. Thanks.
    Angelspit
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    I really wouldn't say outrage. It's not like we've been cheated of anything. We were promised this useless golden shotgun before investing time or money into the campaign.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    FuriousMoldovanFirekidShadowWalkerATLAS-Z
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712

At least the spear it's almost break even trash. 800 gold for 2 distance resets for a tactical spear. 1k gold in bm for tactical spear + 1k BM tokens. 1k BM tokens buys x2 500 BM tokens tool packs, which would cost 200 gold.

Or
    Technically, it's not just 800 gold for just the Spear. If you play nightmare distance, that's another 6 tools, 2 legendary components, hero tokens, reroll tokens, etc. Worth it most times without the special item to begin with, but a particularly good bargain because this spear seems like an all-around upgrade over the tactical spear.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ShadowWalkerWellyLugaATLAS-Z
    JayZ said:

Or
    Technically, it's not just 800 gold for just the Spear. If you play nightmare distance, that's another 6 tools, 2 legendary components, hero tokens, reroll tokens, etc. Worth it most times without the special item to begin with, but a particularly good bargain because this spear seems like an all-around upgrade over the tactical spear.
    You can't spew logic and reasoning on here. You're wasting your time :wink:
    PasteJayZATLAS-Z
    Like I would be wasting my time attempting and failing at nightmare distance. 

The spear is uniquely suited for someone playing nightmare distance resets anyway. 

The spear is not worth resetting hard distance for. It isn't.
    TimboskiSuperhero
    edited October 13
    What's the going rate for a tactical spear in the black market these days, 1k gold right? :wink:.
    With 1k BM tokens. Which buys you 4 tools. 4 tools cost 200 gold. 800 + 200 = 1k gold. So you can spend 1k gold for basically the same result minus the time going in and (with hard distance) the minimal token return.

You've got something in your eye.

If both the shotgun and the spear rooted on contact (without charge), that'd be so cool. If they both reduced TR on charge kills, that'd be so cool. If they both had chance at charge points when not delivering a kill shot, that'd be so cool.

These items, they're not cool. 

And there will be some bug or coding issue so we can't line up 2 almost dead walkers with a tank and basically get a triple charge hit on the tank. The weak walker hits will target each other and cancel out. Or lining up 1 weak walker with a tank won't result in a double shot on the tank because tank already was hit by the spear, so some coding issue will stand in the way of it working how we want it to work.

If @Lexia would confirm specifically that a weak walker and tank combo hit will result in a double tank hit, or that 2 weak walker kills will result in a triple tank hit, then yes the spear becomes useful. Without announcing that, it becomes something that mathy players have to confirm isn't working and then ng just releases the version that does do what it's desired intent is a year later. 
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    if i have the gold to spend, i will always spend it on Distance booster any time, but i dont have...
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    @ghost_pepper
    **Insert mic drop gif here**
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • KasutoKasuto Member Posts: 23
    I probably won't bother with the shotgun or the bident. What beats the harpoon gun? Or Festive Shotgun? And I like having extra moves with my scouts.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 868
    @ghost_pepper I am not sure why you are just assuming there will be a coding problem with the Bident? It's already possible to double shot a tank with FT using weapons that can hit multiple targets (such as the crescent edge), so I can only assume that it will work with the Bident as well since it's the same ability as FT. I am guessing you probably haven't used FT that much, since it seems like you are looking for problems that don't actually exist, simply because you would prefer a different special function. 
    WellyLuga
  • NatsuDarkNatsuDark Member Posts: 37
    edited October 14
    @ghost_pepper I am not sure why you are just assuming there will be a coding problem with the Bident? It's already possible to double shot a tank with FT using weapons that can hit multiple targets (such as the crescent edge), so I can only assume that it will work with the Bident as well since it's the same ability as FT. I am guessing you probably haven't used FT that much, since it seems like you are looking for problems that don't actually exist, simply because you would prefer a different special function. 
    Look, if you think that there was a Lucky Armor bug that led to an update, I don't think that idea is very convincing either.
    xeniiaghost_pepper
    Lucky armor didn't cost me anything. No gold, achieved early through being in a shark guild that eats the chum (to continue the analogy) with the occasional close fight. Of course the lucky armor showed up broken. Nothing like it has been made before so of course lucky didn't stack properly. Did this really surprise anyone? I actually didn't even bother equipping it untill after the fix because immediately players voiced their skepticism. I was 3 hours away from equipping it when I first read on discord that it seemed.. dodgy? Bad pun.

CE double hit on tank is a very obvious strategy and a big part of why in most situations  CE is so much better than a spear, any spear, especially this spear. And without TR, it's in significantly less competitive than CE. Ranged has silent weapons to get around to creating threat and mele has TR as a balancing point.

Perhaps we'll see the TR version of this spear for $ in a few months. And who's gonna buy it?