Suggestion for New Support - The Kitchen Sink

The Kitchen Sink - Create an obstacle taking up one space on the map for {1%} turn(s).  Targeted space can be up to 3 spaces away and must be unobstructed.

You know how on some maps, you can throw everything at the horde including the kitchen sink but you just can't keep them at bay (like this week's Challenge Double Trouble).  Well, this new support allows the player to throw an item on the map taking up 1 space and creating an obstacle that is impassable by both the survivor and the enemies.  The obstacle can be random items like a mini fridge, a shopping cart, a tricycle, a washer, a lawnmower, a wheel chair, and of course the kitchen sink.  When the time expires, the item can fade away like how dead walker bodies slowly decay and fade away.

As The Kitchen Sink is leveled up, the survivor can create more obstacles up to 3 at level 10.  The obstacles can also last longer than 1 turn as it is leveled up (max 2).  The player would throw one obstacle at a time and not have to use all the obstacles available meaning if he has 3 obstacles available, he can still use only 1 or 2.  The usage of this support would require careful timing so that the player's own survivors are not blocked.

There are a lot of scenarios where this is useful:  spawn block, blockade, create a choke point to funnel walkers, make walkers take the long way around to reach your survivor, prevent walkers from occupying the exit zone, etc.  The animation should be a survivor throwing an item (similar to the animation of throwing a grenade).

You can literally throw the kitchen sink at the horde with this new support!
ghost_pepperATLAS-ZShadowWalkerbrucewayne007FuriousMoldovanechonap

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,434
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/47188/new-tool-idea-crate#latest

Great minds think alike. I posted a similar idea back in April

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Yikesbrucewayne007
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 85
    edited December 2021
    Well, I figured if a survivor can whip a Hwacha out of his pocket, why couldn’t he whip out a crate as you suggested or kitchen sink?   :)   If you have a bunch of zombies coming after you, you’d knock over shelves, push a couch, throw marbles on the floor, pour motor oil…anything to slow those brain loving monsters down.  Makes perfect sense.  The kitchen sink would inject some humor into this game. 
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalkerbrucewayne007FuriousMoldovan
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,434
    edited December 2021
    I like it. But some people take their somber apocalypse scape setting very seriously. I remember some angry posts when Rufus and Dixieland BBQ came out lol.

Not me tho, I love silly and humor. I've even requested a Deadpool costume for my troops before. 

Bring it on! 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalkerbrucewayne007
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,559
    Speaking of humor, I suggest to rename it into Cow Dunk - realistic obstacle that you don't want to step in.

And it grows in size as you level it up 😆
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ATLAS-Z