Black Market Expansion

GrimesGrimes Member Posts: 10
I have an idea to expand Black Market. How about offer a way for guild members to sell items to other teammates within their guild? Such as components, tools, weapons, armor or maybe even complete badges! There would be a substantial "middle man" fee for NG.

Example: I have a Level 22 Decimator that goes unused because I am now Level 29. I sell the Decimator on BM. The cost to the buyer could be 5-10 million XP or 50,000-100,000 TG. The seller would get maybe 20% of the sale price with the balance going to NG.
Noiserating

Comments

• BassreactorBassreactor Member Posts: 86
    Decimator can be useful in any level 
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,209
    NG is terrified that the system would be abused so an account can get an unfair advantage.  Think having a couple low level accounts who's only job was feed up to the main account.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

ATLAS-ZGrimes
  • GrimesGrimes Member Posts: 10
    Billbam - I do understand that abuse of the system is always a concern. I would think that could be avoided or discouraged by the high cost of the purchase....Another concern would be shuffling members between guild for that purpose. That could be remedied by requiring a player to be part of a guild for say 1 month before they are eligible to use this feature.

I don't have all the answers, but I think the principal idea would be a welcome addition!
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 402
    I don’t think NG needs TG or XP. It would have to be $, and NG would have to set the price, control the transaction, and pocket most of it. Buyer pay $5, seller gets $1. That way, NG might not care if people are farming equipment for resale, since they’d be the only ones making real money off of it.
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,996
    edited January 20
    "NG'e-Bay"
    or
    "Black Super-Market"
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 166
    Real money transactions between players will bring a different set of problems. I remember the days of the Diablo 3 auction house. People would farm gear and sell it or just flip gear on the auction house. Botting became rampant and people would play the auction house instead of the game. Resources had to be dedicated to the auction house and security had to be tightened.  Regulations and laws of different countries had to be adhered to. These are some of the complexities and pitfalls involved if real money transactions are involved.

Trading would be great for players but I see little upside for NG. If it’s not real money, then trading puts pressure on their revenue. If real money is involved, the resource investment required may not yield the benefit.  
  • GrimesGrimes Member Posts: 10
    If you use Black Market tokens as payment for the purchases, there would be more incentive for NG to allow it. BM tokens are primarily earned from spending gold in BM and take the longest amount of time to accumulate unless you purchase bundles.