Remove auto Snap to character

There has to be others that dislike this. this feature is frustrating. How many time have you had your people all lined up where you want them and the screen set just right and as soon as u act it pops over to Fred and you have to move your screen back where you had it before you act again and if you got finger happy your character just went running across the map or fired a bad shot because you had your finger on him before the screen centered on Fred instead of staying so you could make the shot you wanted or move you wanted. This is a minor issue compared to some but it is a frustrating one to me and has cost me character damage and almost characters.
Ahmedwia[Deleted User]JunkmasterJadenDivus101Elanra

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I fully agree, and have posted this here somewhere already.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Junkmaster
  • hdhieuhdhieu Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2015
    Totally agree, my survivors ran into the group of walkers a few times because of this. It's especially annoying when you play in a low/old device. Thus, please let us to disable/enable it.
    Junkmaster
  • dhusagardhusagar Member Posts: 36
    I second, third, and fourth this - the number of times I've lost a star, because I've moved the person incorrectly as a result of this and been inadvertently attacked as a result.
    Junkmaster
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited November 2015
    I also agree. When trying to farm xp it slows you down and it is annoying. I now attack, wait 1-2 seconds then tap the screen to make it snap back so I can proceed to do something else.

• ElvedElved Member Posts: 29
    completely agree with this - so annoying and nearly cost me my epic hunter as she sprinted heads first into a herd.
    Junkmaster
  • TellarinTellarin Member Posts: 1
    "I second, third, and fourth this - the number of times I've lost a star, because I've moved the person incorrectly as a result of this and been inadvertently attacked as a result." --dhusagar

I couldn't say it any better. This is the "feature" that bothers me the most in the game. Really, really bad user experience.
    Junkmaster
  • kenken9kenken9 Member Posts: 31
    agree
    Junkmaster
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I see argument for both ways. I think it should be an on/off switch in settings like gore. I feel like almost all advanced players will want to turn it off.
    Junkmaster
  • OwlkapwnOwlkapwn Member Posts: 168
    Haha, agree. I just didn't want to knit pick
    Leader - The Owls Nest
    Junkmaster
  • HattenatorHattenator Member Posts: 40
    Zoson a switch would be good so those that want the screen moving around automatically can still have all that enjoyment. (Enter sarcastic emoji here) I will most assuredly have it turned off. Just a nightmare when farming. You got your 2 shooters lined up and the third wheel is in the background scratching his butt or maybe overwatching the others, your slaying the lines of walkers and poof it jumps back to butt scratcher. The look on his face everytime is priceless. It's like deer in the headlights. Who me what? (Sarcasm again)
    froggyJunkmasterJunkmaster
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    Commenting here so that we can historically document that this complaint has been around for at least 6 months. How many times has the game totally evolved in the past 6 months and this couldn't be changed? I wonder if it was some corporate bureaucrat that came up with the idea? Nobody at the office wants to tell that person their idea is crap and the entire world(*1 )hates them for it (*2)

*1 entire world estimate based on 27 people who commented in a forum
    *2 none of the 27 people have ever mentioned any level of hate(*3 )
    *3 27 people is a fictitious number. Actual number of post is unknown. I just wanted to amuse myself and possibly others.

I guess I could have simply typed "BUMP" but where's the fun in that.
    Junkmaster
  • JunkmasterJunkmaster Member Posts: 35
    +1 agree please disable or give players a setting they can toggle on/off.

The sad part is the auto-center code seems very inefficient and slow. Most of the times I'm almost done with my next move before it kicks in.

Just turn it off, whats the point? Does anyone even like it or depend on it?

Perhaps a better post would be to ask if anyone would actually miss this feature?
    jm
  • DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 109
    I can't +1 this enough. I've said it before and I'll say it again: This "feature" is more of a bug than a feature and I can't wrap my head around why it still exists. At all. Please NG if your not going to eliminate it all together, at least give us toggle in the settings. This is my personal #1 thing in the game that should have been fixed at least 2 updates ago.
    JunkmasterJaden
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    I noticed that in January a moderator commented that this request has been passed on