Community event - NML AMayA 🙋

Comments

• LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 1,128
    How do you develop the walkers movement,
    and do you consider to rework on the useless survivors like you bring back to life Ezekiel 
    and lexia who is your favorite survivor!?
    At the moment we are not looking into developing/changing the current walkers. 

Decisions about possible Hero reworks depend on a few things, but we do look at data and follow general feedback from the community. What is done in a certain update may also affect a decision on the matter (eg. if we add a new trait).

My favorite survivor? Hmm.. I do have a liking towards Tara and her healing ability (I often play healer in games), so I think I'll go with her. Could be interesting to add some more healing related traits or functionalities in the game 🤔
    liorsalmanFirekidJordanYukiGovernatorBigBob
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager, Staff Posts: 1,114
    DiElEl said:
    Any plans of adding some new faces for regular survivors??? 🙂
    It's not in our current plans :) 

Do devs/QA test new game features, gear, traits on absolute max levels?

If no - why not?
    Yes, on max levels, mid levels, new accounts, all that jazz. We're not always able to test in the nuanced way that expert players play. But the good news is that with the latest release, we have introduced small-scale focus-group playtests to make sure we have those grounds covered.
    FirekidGovernatorFuriousMoldovanATLAS-Zxeniia
    I think it would be fun if twice a year you’d let the community submit map ideas to create new challenges. I’ve said this a million times already but I really liked participating in the dream challenge.
    Definitely keeping in mind, and the idea has also been to have a community focused event each month. So stay tuned! 😊
    FirekidNoiseratingJordanYukiGovernatorBigBobxeniia
    relb67 said:
    Do the developers have any plans on Reworking the camp grounds making buildings look different and the camp 
    around look slightly different it’s been the same since the game begun A new fresh look would be awesome/ and yes gift giving between teammate would be awesome specially or maybe just the leaders and Coleaders can give gifts to their teammates like weapons and armor and gold and of course badges 
    We do not currently have any plans of reworking the camp. For guild gifts, there is the option to buy a guild gift, but as mentioned here earlier, currently no plans of introducing a market place or option to exchange items within the guild

Why did you never bring back the winter camp?I’d love to see it. I think it would be refreshing to see the camp change with each season.
    Unfortunately the process of setting up the winter camp was a bit too time-consuming, and also effected the game performance negatively 
    GovernatorBigBobATLAS-ZJordanYuki
    Is it true that the outpost was designed by an outsourced team and that currently no one has access to the codes to make it good again?
    Yes to the first part. Regarding the second - it's not inaccessible, but that would be a very large endeavour so it is not in our current plans for this year.

how hard to add new characters to the game?

We players want to see many characters that were remarkable for the original series like: Simon, Lydia, Judith, Tyresse, Hurshell, Andrea. I think they would be much better seen than repeating characters using different skins and classes.
    One of my previous answers outlines the process for creating weapons, characters are similar, but even more lengthy and complicated, and they also involve legal discussions with AMC. In general the lengthy process is never a blocker for us, but we try to pace the release of characters depending on various factors (e.g. what's happening in the show, what does the game balance need, what/when was the last character, etc.)
    GovernatorBigBobATLAS-Zpollorex
    PolarBear said:
    Will NML still be developed even if the tv show ends?

AMC has already expressed to us that they are ready to support the brand and our game beyond season 11, and as many of you have said - there are still a lot of plans for the TWD franchise beyond season 11 so it's not something I would worry about in NML 😊

FuriousMoldovan said:
    @Lexia
    Will there be in-game NML bonuses for being a Netflix subscriber? 😏

Not that I know of 😄
    GovernatorFuriousMoldovanBigBobATLAS-ZCarl_s_Hat
    ATLAS-Z said:
    #1 how has day to day life at Next Games changed since the acquisition by Netflix? The good, the bad and the ugly?

#2 Who is the biggest Deva on the Staff (PS I know it's @Fluxxx)

#3 Do you guys drink at work? Be honest now, I can read between the LINES.

#4 How much do you love/hate this @ATLAS guy 👇👇

( much love from the 6' 7" titan 😘🤣) 
    1. At this point not much has changed - we are still in the early days of setting a lot of things up at this moment 🙂
    2. Can't argue with that 😂
    3. We drink a lot of coffee ☕️ But there are some afterworks every now and then also
    4. It's not about what others think about you, but what you think about yourself  😏
    FirekidJordanYukiGovernatorShadowWalkerATLAS-ZCarl_s_Hatxeniia
    edited May 2022

Yikes said:
    1.  How do you decide what armor and weapons you offer in the Guild Shop each season?  How far in advance do you decide?

2.  What are the top 3 items in your development backlog right now?

3.  How many developers are working on WD:NML right now?

4.  How many testers are working on WD:NML right now?

5. Of the many suggestions the community have submitted, how do you determine which feature to implement?  Who makes the decision?  Is it by vote or do you have a product owner who makes the decision?  Do the developers get to see all suggestions or are the suggestions filtered for them?
    6.  Do you lurk or participate in the various online forums or chat groups (such as Discord or Line) related to this game?  If so, which ones?

7.  Since it’s ask me anything, can I have the login details to the game’s database please.  :D
    1. Depends what we've already had in the past seasons, and on players' suggestions, and we also want to have a variety of options for different types of players. I urge anyone with ideas to suggest them on the Guild Shop Wish List!

2. Can't say :D

3. See 2    

4. See 3 :( 

5. Really depends, we do have part of the team that has visibility over most suggestions. We also have more focused discussions, where they are more filtered. This way we make sure that most ideas are discussed from different angles and points of view. We do have a product owner, who would make a call if needed.

In the end, we evaluate suggestions against criteria, such as how it affects general player experience, engagement, monetization, game economy, or perhaps we feel the idea could be developed further, so we come back to it at a later time, or we currently have our priorities full, in which case we can only take a couple of top suggestions.

6. Maybe 👀

7. Nice try

Yikes said:
    This question warrants a separate post:  are you planning to do anything to improve trait rerolls and badge rerolls?  
    We don't have changes for these in our immediate plans, but feel free to post suggestions on the forum if you haven't already.
    GovernatorFuriousMoldovanShadowWalker
  • WattlaueferWattlauefer Member Posts: 245
    In previous versions you could see the last team you had selected in a mission walking around in the camp. Could we get this feature back?
    Adeline said:
    Is there anyone in the team who doesn't drink coffee, while looking at those codes?

What is the most challenging aspect in your job? Dealing with bugs or dealing with players?

Be honest, do you secretly curse and swear when players complain about anything and everything? 😂
    We do have one person on the team who doesn't drink coffee - probably why others drink more, need to make up for it 😋

Everything has it challenges and rewards, no matter what we are talking about. When it comes to bugs it may be challenging at times if the issue is very complex and not possible to reproduce (easily or at all). If we are not able to reproduce the issue, we usually won't be able to look into a solution and fix. We still keep track of these reports in case more information comes up at a later point that would help with the case 🙂

Players and the community is an important part of the game, and we are always happy to see players engagement and proactivity in different forms. From the aspect of anything being challenging, maybe communication at times. Sometimes it's as simple as language barriers, sometimes it's just generally getting enough information to understand what is being discussed and what is going on (especially if a conversation is getting heated). While we always welcome feedback and critique, it would be nice to keep in mind that we are also all human in the end. We are all here because we care and want to make things bigger and better 😊
    BlackFBigBobJordanYukiSarge_
    Who is the first team member to pass out on a NG party night? 

What color socks does each member love to wear? ( post a pic of everyone’s socks right now?)

Have you guys thought of making an online Shop with Merch from both NML and NG that people around the world can order and get the items shipped? 

Has the dev team being able to locate Stu?

What goes behind the development of Seasonal Missions?

Any plans to make Pain Walker as a Regular Survivor? Don’t forget the special and unique shirtless outfit for @Jenng ‘s account
    How does NG feel about having their own Emoji? 🆖

1. So far have not seen this happening, so I don't know 🤷
    2. It seems most are wearing plain black socks today! Except for Fluxxx who has multi-colored arrows ⬅️⬆️⬇️➡️
    3. Don't think that will happen, unfortunately 😕
    4. We have not found Stu...
    5. I'd say the main thing is creating something that is as close and interesting as possible to the season episode themselves🙂
    6. Have you added that to the Suggestions & Ideas thread???
    7. 🆖
    faster
    TRIADA said:
    I love this game and I have a lot of questions. However, I've always wondered how developers react to the unique bugs in the game that players use? Do you praise them for their intelligence or are you thinking about how to block them as soon as possible?
    The most important part here is to recognise the difference between bugs out of the players control, and bugs that are actively used by a player. If a players is actively doing something to get an advantage from a bug, then it's exploiting, which we may have to take action on.
    TRIADA
    You promised to block users from Russia and Belarus. Why haven't you done it yet?
    We have at this point removed the game from both app stores, and the game is not available in these two markets
    Who in your team had the brillant Idea to put rats with guns on the walls of the basecamp?

Why no one in the team thought stopping him?  :)
    We actually don't recall the full story, but legend has this was created by a former artist on NML, who was very interested in rats 🐀
    BigBobATLAS-ZJordanYukicapibarafragcandancepollorex
    1. Is it planned to introduce the exchange of old and duplicated weapons for something?
    2. Are there plans to fix the leadership of some heroes (Jerry and others)?
    3. Are there any plans to improve badge crafting?
    4. Are there plans to do something with the memorial? for example, it would be possible to make statistics or a top test challenge.
    5. Is it possible to display on the base (main screen) how much time is left before the update of the free opening of boxes? You could also place a countdown on an empty wall, how much time is left for the free opening of boxes after the mission
    6. Are there any plans to do something with the mission to collect - equipment? At level 29, only star 1-2 equipment drops
    7. Is it possible to make the Star Hero on the challenge week not be the leader, but a member of the team?
    1. We did have some ideas regarding this that we were quite excited about, but in the end other things took higher priority. So I'd say, for now there's no plans for this.
    2. This is always in our consideration, but it does depend on our capacity, and whether there's an idea fitting enough for us to commit to.
    3. Not in the near future, but if you have suggestions or ideas, feel free to write them up on the forum!
    4. No plans for this at the moment
    5. Interesting idea with the wall timer, though it may end up a bit confusing to a lot of players. It would also not be the simplest implementation, so I'd say that currently we probably won't move forward with this.
    6. There should be a chance for you to get 4-5 Star equipment from Gold chests. Otherwise, we don't have immediate plans to do this, as Scavenge missions are relatively easy to complete. With that said, it's not out of the question.
    7. It's possible, but this was an intentional decision to diversify teams that players play. Without this leader requirement, it would be easy for players to default to their regular teams, with one replacement in most cases

bronik_darkBigBob
    Will you ever release a Dale or Herschel?  Will we ever be able to fully customize a character and change the facial features? I want to make a guy with a mohawk.
    Let's see! Customization is not currently in our plans

euchid said:
    Does the Crimson Harpoon Gun have a hidden trait like incendiary?
    So well hidden that you won't be able to find it 😶‍🌫️

echonap said:
    How many of the community ideas actually get considered? Not bugs, or QoL improvements, but actual creative ideas like new traits, new gear, or new features. Does someone identify the best ones from the forum and bring them to the team for a vote? What determines what actually gets included in a release?
    Many, and we also aim to scout through the Forum whenever we have certain ideas in mind for an upcoming update (eg. if we are planning to add a new Hero, we look through interesting suggestions made by the community on different LT's).
    I ready through pretty much everything here on the Forum, and bring a lot of things to the team, but we also have members on the team look at the Forum from time to time. What gets added in the end really depends on many things (has been more or less answered in some previous comments here already) 🙂
    BigBobeuchidPasteSarge_
    MrLucky said:
    ... oh and does anyone drive a Karmann Ghia?
    I don't think so, and if you ask me, I'd prefer a Ford Mustang from 1969 

Dresden said:
    @Lexia What is best in life?
    My Shiba Inu doggy ❤️

Captn said:
    Pourrait-on avoir un mode de jeu où l’on affronte directement un joueur réel comme une prise de drapeaux à aller chercher dans le camp de l’autre ?
    Question in English: Could we have a game mode where we face a real player directly like a grab of flags to go get in the camp of the other?

That is currently not in our plans
    ShadowWalkerCaptn
    Johnder said:
    They plan to add more suits to non-hero survivors or lower the price of these since very few are interested in spending large amounts of gold on those suits, in addition to the fact that there is little variety to buy
    Probably mean skins to Heroes? We are discussing and looking into it 🙂

Novell said:

Season 11 will end soon... what are your plans for season missions...

We have some plans 🙃

capibara said:
    Why instead to have double heroes.. Rick Maggie.. Daryl etc.. we have not the others hero from the Show?

And.. can you finally reveal if @Teeceezy was Stu? 😜

🍉🍉🍉

I guess we might need to have a talk with Teeceezy!
    JordanYukiATLAS-Zcapibara
    wttan5 said:
    Is there any event that developers and users/gamers/players do/get together?
    Currently nothing IRL, but we all have the same in-game events! 😀

Firekid said:
    Are you all back in the office full time now? 
    Are you allowed music in the office?
    if so what type of music is played?
    if not, what sort of music would be played if you could? 
    1. We are working with a hybrid model
    2. Yes, but of course we also don't want to disturb our colleagues. Maybe more afterwork, and karaoke! 
    3. Really depends - last time there was quite a lot of 90's music (Darude - Sandstorm, you know)
    4. 90's music works more then well 👌 But for me personally, dance/trance/techno/synth music is the way to go ✌️
    FuriousMoldovanBigBobFirekid
    edited May 2022
    Is there a possibility of viewing a battle live during war, or watching replays for war and outpost?
    Currently not possible, and at the moment not in our plans 🙂

dragonant said:
    Any way we can redo the Chapter Missions - or even get a harder level?
    there is a chance that the development team will develop another mode with separate lead boards for expert mode in last stand?
    We have been discussing both topics with the team 😊
    RWS said:
    Any development plans to optimize the game for higher resolution devices like tablets?  Devices are growing in size and would be nice to take advantage of larger screen sizes.
    No concrete plans for this at the moment. We may revise this later in the year as we have a lot of players playing on tablets, at least as a secondary device. Though, the main solution, if you want the same visibility as on the phone resolution, would be to have big borders on the top and bottom of the screen. 

BlackF said:
    1) Do some of you play this game? And by playing i dont mean you play it here and there for a bit. I mean every game mode as long as possible (finish challenge, last stand, GW island 20, ...).

2) If first question is a no, then why dont you take a few of the top players and let them test all those things like 2 weeks before releasing it for the rest?
    For examples new/changed leader traits or traits per se. Weapons, armors, ...

3) Can you bring back the deadly missions? No heroes allowed, would be fun. 

4) Will the GW beta version ever be gone? You're always bringing out more and more stuff (i really like many of this), but it seems to me, you dont wanna end this beta version we have since about 2 years now.

Thanks. 
    1&2. We have members who play frequently, but not in the way you describe, i.e. playing to complete everything. But as I mentioned in a different answer, we have start small-scale playtests with focus groups to cover endgamer uses. It's not as early as 2 weeks ahead, because we simply do not have the complete release at that point, so any playtesting would not give us reliable results.

3. We don't have plans to do this at the moment.

4. My first answer in this AMA should cover this :) 
    BlackF
    Does @Fluxxx have any tattoos we can't see in the updates videos? 👀

If we buy enough Survival Passes will he get a full body tattoo?
    Possibly 🤔 I'm not sure to be honest... 

Full body is a bit too much and too painful :D I'll lowball you go with just 1 tattoo, but we shall see if we hit the mark ;) 
    BigBobShadowWalker
    Shian said:
    Can we have the actual online PVP gamemode ? unlike outpost mode when your guys are just bot , we want a mode where players can actually VS players and if maybe added a coop mission , 3 player 1 team each player can chose thiers best guy and 1 will randomly being chose as Leader to earn the Lead Trait , maybe not 3 but 4 5 or 6 player in a coop mission
    No :( Not that we wouldn't want one, it's just technically unfeasible. NML was built a long time ago, and it was not designed for PvP.
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 120
    Do you guys join a Guild or have you created one with the team? If so, do you guys kick butt? Also if you do have your own Guild, can we take a crack at you? Asking for a friend!
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 120
    Love this thread, by the way. ❤️
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,756
    Lexia said:
    ATLAS-Z said:
    #1 how has day to day life at Next Games changed since the acquisition by Netflix? The good, the bad and the ugly?

1. At this point not much has changed - we are still in the early days of setting a lot of things up at this moment 🙂
    3. We drink a lot of coffee ☕️ But there are some afterworks every now and then also
    4. It's not about what others think about you, but what you think about yourself  😏

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Bwahahaha... It's ok, i know you love me. Pssh. 

Lol. 😅🍺

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    LexiaCarl_s_Hat
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,950
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Lexia said:
    ATLAS-Z said:

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Lol. 😅🍺
    But do you love yourself? @atlas-z
    ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,756
    zbot said:
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Lexia said:
    ATLAS-Z said:

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Lol. 😅🍺
    But do you love yourself? @atlas-z

Maybe a little too much @zbot 😘

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 7,147
    Lexia said:
    Who in your team had the brillant Idea to put rats with guns on the walls of the basecamp?

Why no one in the team thought stopping him?  :)
    We actually don't recall the full story, but legend has this was created by a former artist on NML, who was very interested in rats 🐀

oh wait!…as i said to @Guapo and @KarlChilders many years ago…when they were trying to recruit me… “I AM NOT A RAT”.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/39762/squeeeeaakkkkkk

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent - My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    NoiseratingATLAS-ZGovernatorSuperheroBigBobCarl_s_Hat
This discussion has been closed.