Spending my first radios

So I'm a newbie and have a newbie question. Level 2 radio tent and I just saved up my first 15 radios. Should I spend all 15 on one, spend 5 each on three, or maybe just get one and wait until my radio tent is upgraded a little more?

Comments

• OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    Personally, I'd use all 15 radios at once so you'll most likely get a better, or you could do the 5 radios if you just need more bodies since you're just starting. As you progress, you will want to save your radios for "Weekend Event" that increases the chances of Epic and Legendary Survivors.

Most of the survivors you get now won't be of much use to you later in the game, since the upper level limit of a survivor is somehow related to your Council Level (I believe). Not to mention the higher initial potential level of a survivor that's based on your Radio Tower level.

If you are getting by the levels and playing the game without difficulty, I'd say save your radios. Honestly, I think people try to pass the missions too fast. At the early levels, missions don't cost much gas, so you can play exploratory missions for Food and just focus on leveling up your buildings and then focus on finishing the higher missions. I would try to unlock the "Hunter" class of survivors though; they are very useful! (I can't remember what mission you must pass to get a hunter.

On a side note, there is a good amount of free gold to be had, especially early in the game. Save that gold (don't use it on speed ups or other impatient desires), and buy some extra survivor slots with it. I was up to 15 slots (now 18 with the 3 free slots after the Outpost update), plus I have 2600+ gold to use for more survivor slots or whatever I want.

Those are just some of my personal opinions about the early stages of the game (probably more than you wanted!)...not sure if others agree with me, but hey, different strokes!
    SavestheJStinky
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    15 always
  • UmfUmf Member Posts: 43
    I recommend you to spend 1 radio call and get a decent farming team, 3 stars survivors.
    Then save your radios until you get a level 5 radio tent and wait for a radio event.
  • BaileyGoinDeepBaileyGoinDeep Member Posts: 39
    I wish I would have looked this site up last week when I first started. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted so many radios and might not have gotten most of my peeps killed off. Lol, oh well live and learn.
  • BaileyGoinDeepBaileyGoinDeep Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2016
    Umf, how often do they do the radio events?
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    I have a lv7 radio tent and have called out using 15 radios on many occasions. I estimate that 75% of the time I get a 3 star assault survivor which is of exactly zero use to me since I have two 4 star already. It is really frustrating. I keep telling myself I won't spend them 15 at a time again but as soon as I get 15, I just keep doing it hoping for a new Legendary to go with my 5 star Scout.
  • ZombieWaffleZombieWaffle Member Posts: 8
    I'm at lvl 24. in the distractions episode, but I'm only attracting scouts and bruisers (usually uncommon only) to my occasional radio call - I'm saving for the mythical weekend event - is this normal? My lvl 10 epic hunters are starting to be a bit weak for the missions. Anything to be done?
  • ZombieWaffleZombieWaffle Member Posts: 8
    I'm at lvl 24. in the distractions episode, but I'm only attracting scouts and bruisers (usually uncommon only) to my occasional radio call - I'm saving for the mythical weekend event - is this normal? My lvl 10 epic hunters are starting to be a bit weak for the missions. Anything to be done?
  • 1303niko1303niko Member Posts: 25
    Tomorrow the weekend event will start. Hope you have saved your radios.
    Dont forget to use the 15 units option. Good luck
    Reeperbahn - Gilde nimmt Mitglieder (+30) auf
This discussion has been closed.