Profanity in Game

1235»

Comments

• JewishJewish Member Posts: 160
    Lol
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @tammy why can't a male survivor wear those panties? Some men like the silky feel of ladies under garments :D
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @masmith93 don't worry..I'm starting a zombie fighting fashion thread soon...will include "interesting attire" for both sexes :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    rgerkmanmasmith93
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    The gold dodge and iron skin will help ensure she maintains her innocence.
    Annette578masmith93Vintage_Bull
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    WooooooooW ppl really complain about everything when it's a rated game... If they watch the show then this shouldn't be a issue. No I don't have my names like that but still seriously that is a complaint??? So many ppl lost so much to rollbacks and now I get why they take so long to fix it... It's cuz ppl complain about such little crap it's crazy... If it's money gold rollback issue yea fine I get it.... But this come on this is wasting time for all the workers here trying to make the game better for everyone while fixing issues... Little issues like this is just a waste of their time and complaints.. N if ur kid is old enough to play this I'm guessing he's pretty much in middle or high school and has said much worse and done much worse as well... (Most likely) but to all the game keepers and moderators I'm sorry u guys have to deal with all this all the time n also sorry I was complaining on how it to weeks to get my first rollback compensation and still waiting on 2nd but still I didn't think ppl complained about little things like this when there are way bigger problems ppl are having with their games... So I'm sorry for getting on u guys heavy with my first rollback and while I wait for my second to be compensated for I won't say another word about it till it's been 2 weeks from that time cuz knowing ur dealing with name problems and god knows what else now that I think about it I'm sorry u have to deal with that...
    Who wins between gold lucky vs. gold dodge? Everyone?
    [Deleted User]
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    This entire thread gets the Mr T facepalm

Oh come on @SmittY my ss of zombie cracks is worth a giggle at least!!! Lmao
    TheLostOnesGonkistan
    tammy said:

Oh come on @SmittY my ss of zombie cracks is worth a giggle at least!!! Lmao

I stand corrected and attentive! :p

tammy said:

Could have at least given them some of these...

Level 19 dodge and Level 20 iron sk..... Defensive underwear? I woulud think survivors wouldnt play THAT hard to get.

edited April 2016
    You guys will never guess who said, "if it doesn't make sense for the fans, you're basically fucked." Go ahead, guess. No, try again. Oh fine, I'll just show you, 3rd call out: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-11-next-games-right-license-right-partner-right-result
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    This is an old thread and I'm not going to cover the yes/no part, but rather discuss the implementation. I haven't played Outpost that much recently, how did you handle it @OldGoth?

As has been seen in recent chat filter, and also mentioned beforehand in this thread, it's hardly possible to make a filter that works, especially with all languages considered. (I can mention that "My" is a regular name in Sweden, as is "Love" by the way.)

If you really wanted the problem solved in a simple and effective way, I think only this suggestion from @zoson made sense:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/39069/#Comment_39069

In fact it should be made even simpler, by just replacing no matter the original names. As mentioned the player doesn't know anyway. It would limit the feeling of actually meeting a human player, but IMHO there's not so much of that in the Outpost anyway. To make the same character appear with same name each time each character could keep the "original name" in DB as the public name regardless of change. Or just replace them with "Enemy 1" etc on screen.

The other problem is the screen name of the outpost. Just use ID numbers. Less human, less sensitive when raiding.
    This is a bit off topic, but reading through the thread I found a post from @OldGoth that I thought was more interesting than the actual thread.

I'm not intending this post as toxic. If it comes forward in that way, please read it again with open mind. Or add a filter to the forum that I can use to pre-scan the post and rewrite the toxic parts. :)
    OldGoth said:

Game needs all kinds of things (new features, improvements and changes to existing features) in addition to fixing problems.

True, but there's priority! And most of all I think you need testing and monitoring of issues.
    OldGoth said:

We've got quite a few people working on the game; adding more people to work on problems usually doesn't help at all.

There is no such things as a "generic work unit" which could be applied to anything. Most people are only a good fit for a few specific tasks, and if they're forced out of that area, they might be creating more problems than helping resolve. So we're constantly juggling people between the different problems and pending feature work, depending on what makes sense for them.

I'm not sure but I've had the feeling that "creating more problems than helping resolve" was the normal operation here. If you say that the bugs are the product of a few malicious gnomes that happens to be in the wrong place, I suggest you carefully remove those. Why not relocate them into creating an entirely new game?

This has been said before and I'm surprised that NG is still understaffed in the categories that matter while overstaffed in the "add things that doesn't work yet" groups. Since you have the insight, why does it keep happening? Are you sure that "constantly juggling people" helps, rather than putting the right people in teams and let them finish their tasks undisturbed?

I also disagree in the "no such thing as generic work unit" because there is. If you can't hire personnel with that generic skill, make teams with people from different skills and enforce collaboration. And make sure to add training to the agenda!

But you need testing and prioritization even more than "generic work units". If you happened to hire a team of language processing experts I understand that you want them to work on the chat filter. When it's fully tested and working they can proudly release that feature. But then you can't have them invent more work just to go by each day!
    OldGoth said:

All the issues with the live game are top priority. Some of them are really hard to fix. In some cases we don't yet know what's wrong, and can't fix, until we figure them out.

Sounds like a good promise, but "full attention everywhere" doesn't work in reality. You must have more prio classes than that.
    And when you hit a problem you can't solve within reasonable time you may need to accept that and put investigation on hold. Focus on finding a workaround (such as creating a process to detect and to redeem players suffering from that issue) that scales well. In time you will learn enough to re-introduce investigation or decide to refactor or rewrite parts that seems to have the most problems.

I know I've said these things before, and I assume you are always trying to improve your way of working. But feel free to forward this post to managers and team leads for proper consideration. It might open some eyes. Thank you!
    Survivor420Felecia
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Quick fix suggestion:
    remove the cencorship in chat.

• FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    Of course in game dialogue says "shit" in at least 2 missions. Does junior play those Dad?
    Felecia
    zoson
    I'm going off topic again, but I love putting perspective to things, even if I'm guessing just as much as anyone. :smile:

How else could essentially just 1 person complaining about profanity in the game initiate such a response from NG, when there is a VAST overwhelming negative opinion among current players on the censorship 'filter'?

I may offer a different reason @stuffnthangs : They might have gotten several reports in channels not open for our reading. Also, and more importantly, devs/mods showed a personal view for the censorship and it's well known to prioritize your own belief.
    OldGoth said:

I can confirm a profanity filter is coming. I'm more concerned about hate speech than the odd swear word (the game is 17+), but nevertheless.

I don't know what hate speech that would be, but there are probably laws against spreading such, so I can also understand that being a push towards filtering. This change was also probably influenced by how the forum was put under tougher regime. Preventive measures.

Not saying any of this is in contrast with "making the game likeable and lure more players in" though.
    ggbats
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    I agree with @stuffnthangs , this is a business and they want to make as much as possible. I wouldnt be surprised if they made changes to make it 14+ instead of 17+. You want a ton of people to go to your blockbuster you make it pg-13 rated not R rated.....unless your name is deadpool.
    Survivor420
  • thatdamngoodcire777thatdamngoodcire777 Member Posts: 85
    Eh screw him. He has almost no crates
    Cml

I'll just repeat what I've always said...when your graphics are thus, you have no justification censoring we that are in appreciation of adult humor :)

Xoxo
    [Deleted User]