Omg drama time...

K this is serious NG....I drift in and out of here leaving multiple nonsensicle posts of nothingness while trying to stay removed from the real issues...I'm a flake...whatever...but sometimes serious stuff just pushes all my lightheartedness out the way....

I've seen all the bugs people are reporting...ive stayed calm...no complaints from me and few from my guild as we wait for fixes. But it's got to the point where the game is almost unplayable....was talking to my dad about it cos he's a big computer dude....I'm like...

Me: dad why can't they fix my game?
Dad: I don't know hon, from what your saying, they didn't even stress test before release...
Me: is that normal?
Dad: never....sounds like they might have had contractural obligations to release updates to coincide with the show...
Me: stop!! What does that even mean!! I just wanna playyyyyyy.....

*tammy tantrum ensues.....

So whatever....I'm just another player...in the grand scheme of TWD....I always bite, chew, swallow, repeat...

But now I'm hearing from some of my most beloved fellow players that they have lost patience...they are frustrated to the point of throwing themselves in their own zombie pits....

Please please please NG....we love this game.....and lots of really cool people have put some serious time in here...I don't wanna lose them or my fun playing.....

Listen to the people commenting here....give them the respect they deserve....granted some are not big on maners but their dedication to the game cannot be questioned.

It's crunch time NG....

Respectfully
Your local ditz
:)
LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
Japes87Illbrainer[Deleted User]NathanielMissSFXLumpisdeadtheblueboxggbatsravenyzeakaalias

Comments

• DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    @tammy
    Very Well said.

@Teeceezy Thank you so much for trying your best to placate the rabble (yes I mean me too)

We do appreciate all your hard work, even though we sometimes forget our manners in the heat of things & forget to tell you that.

So thank you @Teeceezy

DeadBeat (Leader of TheLostSlayers)
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    [Deleted User]Zeena
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Big hug!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited March 2016
    Very nicely stated @Tammy. +1 to the millioneth degree as I too have been eyeing my walker pit also with a little too much interest for it not to be unsettling at this point.

Thank you @Teeceezy for acknowledging the fact that you all have received our distress signals. I would like to be enough of an adult at this point to hope your server team has found time to rest this weekend also but as I'm too addicted to your game at this point to be so reasonable and have discovered the invigorating bliss of chocolate covered espresso beans. I highly encouge the servers team to partake of said beans in order to keep their engines chugging along whist they endeavor to fix our game. I have also heard of some exponentially increased wake times resulting from coffee enemas and would be happy to flight out there (on your dime of course) and offer my medical services to any on the server team whom might need that extra spark to keep awake and fixin' stuff if the need arises :)
    zynomynNathanielDeadBeat
  • NichonneNichonne Member Posts: 30
    I appreciate the effort, but my interest, and I know others interest is waning every day. I'm sure we are probably financially insignificant to NG, although I know I've already found another "primary game". I play many games but only budget in app purchases for one to be my main one. Right now Supercell is getting it. With new games coming out daily, it doesn't take much to go from flavor of the month to bad tasting memory. I will keep an eye on this game for another month, though I really hope lots was learned from this.

To the rank and file grunts who are forgoing family, friends and sleep to fix the decisions of management, I do thank you for your sacrifice, and I hope next weekend is filled with more sleep and maybe a little beer :)
  • NotYourLunchNotYourLunch Member Posts: 40
    Well another +1. I came to the forum to pretty much say the same thing. From full on game time to a half hearted attempt at some time killing walkers. Unfortunately after a couple of missed video rewards, 2-3 crashes along with crap rewards, too many stupid body shots and the repeated grossly over priced bundle offers, I simply don't log back in after a crash. Maybe use half my gas by then.

Great idea, looks good but extremely poor implementation. As for fixes, I more or less just assume now that each fix will cost me too many hours of beta testing x how ever many fixes there are. In other words, I'm in no rush to get back.
    ggbats
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Toxic thread naughty naughty!
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    @DarkFae LMFAO. I will pay for your air fair!
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    If NG is contractually obligated to generate new content to align with the show, then the show should give them enough information and lead time to get it designed and fully tested.

From watching the staff comments over the last two weeks, it seems the outposts were beta tested, then the code was tweaked, and final version published without returning to testing. A lot of problems could have been avoided by a second round of beta testing. Secondly, it seems they greatly underestimated the amount of server space and power having everyone trying the new stuff at once would require. They did not bring enough optimized servers online to handle the traffic. It all boils down to poor planning.

I truly hope the bean counters at NG have learned from this debacle. Don't rush development and have more than minimum resources available.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122

If NG is contractually obligated to generate new content to align with the show, then the show should give them enough information and lead time to get it designed and fully tested.

Key word here being "should". The powers-that-be usually underestimate how much time it takes to design, code, and test.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @TheLostSlayer

Awesome! Let me get some of these coffee enemas taped to the tips of my boots and I"ll be all packed and
    ready to go ;)
    DeadBeatFizzyPinotggbats
  • MomofSnolpeMomofSnolpe Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2016
    I know this is going to be unpopular and I don't care what anyone thinks but after the first day of the release my game has been working fine and I'm sure thousands are playing with very little issue. I know too many people are having issues still but I bet if you knew the numbers of those with and without issue than the percentage of people with problems is relatively low and probably similar to other free games with in app purchase options.

Now what's going to be real unpopular but it is absolutely the truth: your dad may be a big computer guy but no one knows what's happening behind the scenes except the people behind the scenes. Whether it's a meeting for product development or content or a meeting on how to increase profits or just what goes on there day to day there, the only people who know exactly what happened are the people at NG and maybe some execs from AMC. I'm glad they did release content that is current with the show. I would much rather have the hilltop challenge first show itself now than next February. I'm glad they gave us so much new content. There's no need to spend money on this game all the tools are there to be competitive without spending money. I'm ok with this update coming out flawed and then getting fixed in a day for the most part. I'm ok with this update coming out flawed and then getting fixed in a day.
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    edited March 2016
    @Teeceezy
    Herein lies part of the problem. I appreciate your willingness to fix the bugs, but it would be nice if you would acknowledge that your rush to meet a deadline caused this problem in the first place. We're not looking (well at least I'm not) to put your head on a stick. However, we would like for you to be a little more contrite in your replies. Just say, 'yes we were under a huge deadline and we probably released this update to soon.' And maybe a, 'we should of listened to some of the feedback we received.' Instead, we only got a 'hey, can't you see we're working on this!' Again, we understand your working on it, but please try to understand that it never feels good to have your comments/suggestions ignored. Especially when these comments/suggestions proved to be correct. I think you guys might just have taken for granted the best asset you have. Paying customers who are passionate about your product, willing to over feedback/suggestions and honestly want your game to succeed! This is a very rare commodity in the business world. Please don't squander it!
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
  • MomofSnolpeMomofSnolpe Member Posts: 76
    Ant you really want them to come into a forum which they don't need to have in the first place and apologize to you?

NG even though ant said "we would like for you to be a little more contrite in your responses" please don't include me. For ME they messed up, they fixed it it's working great for me and they gave players an extra free event which is my favorite event so I'm good without contrite replies.
    alnod
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    ant said:

@Teeceezy

Herein lies part of the problem. I appreciate your willingness to fix the bugs, but it would be nice if you would acknowledge that your rush to meet a deadline caused this problem in the first place.

He can't do that. It doesn't go over all when techies say publicly that their management is being unreasonable. Especially when management doesn't understand that they are being unreasonable. Management believes there is plenty of time. They don't know why it takes so long.

MomofSnolpe
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    The legal team needs to put in the contract a minimum of 9 months lead time so their devs have sufficient time to beta test. If NGs lawyers didn't specify a minimum lead time in the contract, that's on NG.

Rushing content is bad for the customers and ultimately bad for the company. I, personally, will NEVER play another game by a developer if bad coding chases me away from one of their games. I do try to be patient and understanding, but there are limits to my patience. I have been patient for five days. I have maybe another three to five in me before I move on to another game and put NG games on my "never play" list.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @Teeceezy thanks for your quick reply...much appreciated... I worked instead of playing today but am dying to watch the new episode tonight and then NML binge...am gonna have faith that you guys will get it all fixed for us :)

@MomofSnolpe I only mentioned my dad cos I'm clueless and he's not...he runs one of the biggest most critical IT teams in his industry and oversees update releases the size of which you have no comprehension, every week. I asked him cos he knows how those processes work...or don't ...not because I think he has some inside information....your a freaking moron so get off my thread....go on....shhheeeewwwww sheeeeeewwww!!!!

:)
    antFizzyPinot
  • KaneKane Member Posts: 10
    I fail to see the big deal here. They are fixing content you didn't even have a week ago. If you'd don't like the problems with the outposts then don't play the outposts. You can go back to grinding the exploration missions and be no worse off then you were before. The guild leaderboards are screwed up now but I'm sure they will all be corrected when the fix happens and/or we will be compensated for lost trade goods.
    [Deleted User]
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lol @kane k I have another thread where I rave about the outposts!! Love them to pieces ...just pointing out that the game is unplayable in so many areas and that I'm seeing awesome friends/players so frustrated ...and I'm certainly not one of you babies always crying about $ spent and looking for refunds...last night I spent again knowing full well there are issues...ill grind...I'll spend...lol I'll even talk to knobjockeys like you...feel blessed xoxo
    FeleciaJapes87ravenyze
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    MomofSnolpe says...I'm ok with this update coming out flawed and then getting fixed in a day for the most part. I'm ok with this update coming out flawed and then getting fixed in a day.

So then are you ok with the update coming out flawed and then getting fixed in a Day for the most part? Are you ok with the update coming out flawed and then getting fixed in a day? What if your game wasn't fixed in a day? We realize this all does take a lot to get right with minimal bugs BUT as @tammy said we have some great fellow players we have come to know and love. Don't want to lose them to some nasty bugs.
    Felecia
    jester
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Dale said:

The powers-that-be usually underestimate how much time it takes to design, code, and test.

Let me fix that for you: _Everybody_ usually underestimates how much time it takes to design, code and test.
    DegreaserJennylmfgunnut
  • EironEiron Member Posts: 41
    "Good, fast, or cheap. Pick two." :b
    I work as a digital sound editor & mix engineer. Unhappy gamers can get toxic and shrill when their current favorite has been changed or is glitching, but it's nothing compared to an unhappy-with-her-performance first violinist on final mix down day. lol

Be glad the developers & coders have actually acknowledged that they are aware of the current problems and issues, and are taking steps to fix them.

There have been bigger gaming companies in recent history (that shall remain nameless . . . ) that have done less and waited much longer to even acknowledge that there were problems.

"It always costs more and takes longer than first estimates would indicate. "
  • VossVoss Member Posts: 46
    ant said:

@Teeceezy

Herein lies part of the problem. I appreciate your willingness to fix the bugs, but it would be nice if you would acknowledge that your rush to meet a deadline caused this problem in the first place. We're not looking (well at least I'm not) to put your head on a stick. However, we would like for you to be a little more contrite in your replies. Just say, 'yes we were under a huge deadline and we probably released this update to soon.' And maybe a, 'we should of listened to some of the feedback we received.' Instead, we only got a 'hey, can't you see we're working on this!' Again, we understand your working on it, but please try to understand that it never feels good to have your comments/suggestions ignored. Especially when these comments/suggestions proved to be correct. I think you guys might just have taken for granted the best asset you have. Paying customers who are passionate about your product, willing to over feedback/suggestions and honestly want your game to succeed! This is a very rare commodity in the business world. Please don't squander it!

This type of post and attitude exemplifies what's ruining the open relationship between game designers/devs and players.

You "appreciate their willingness to fix the game", BUT, you want them to acknowledge your hypothesis?
    Because THAT is some how more important than spending time
    a. fixing the bugs; and
    b. helping players with legitimate game issues.

And to add to that you would like a little "we should have listened". Seriously? Is that going to make you feel better?
    If you think paying customers is a rare commodity you obviously haven't seen people throwing money at beta, or alpha releases. Or maybe the $109,754,945 million dollars Star Citizen raised for their game they haven't released yet?

With all due respect you and people like you need to get over yourself and your sense of entitlement. I for one would rather the devs fix the game then deal out platitudes.

hottexasggbats
  • EironEiron Member Posts: 41
    Hmmm... An unannounced edit in my last post. Can't mention a rival gaming company even in a passing /sardonic fashion? I suspect moderator action.... =\ lol
This discussion has been closed.