IPad mini 2?

2»

Comments

• FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    edited March 2016
    Ok, here's my update and thoughts on my iPad which is 2 years old. I'm no techie anymore (too old and do not want to keep up anymore) but my findings is the processor in my iPad is just not man enough. Clearing the cache is helping. I fiddled around with notifications, memory and stuff, I've increase the stability to around 35% which sounds impressive, but is still crashes, just less often.
    My fault for insisting on an Apple product I suppose?
    PS it happens when a lot is or has been going on ie on the 3-4th video watched, on fast forward when a lot of walkers respawn, when doing all tasks on rearranging outpost, after 3 raids straight on outpost. App closed 3 times during one deadly exploration, but this was at the same time the challenge was closing.
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    edited March 2016
    Just letting you know have read about most iPad's have problems. Would appear that the iPad 2 as problems but am on iPad AIR 2 and all alright here.
  • AlibabaAlibaba Member Posts: 1,275
    Moving to Gaming Issues Bug Section.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
    @Alibaba why do you consider it a bug?

After downloading 1.7.1 my iPad decided to crash - really really not happy.
    Wow, sorted iPad did a diagnostic test and processor cannot handle update. Do not know if the stability button got flicked or my iPad just rolled over and said enough is enough. Nml was not designed for iPad 2 (no it's not an obsolete model yet), but the processor on my iPhone 5 (yes 5, 6 is too big for my pocket) is twice the size and less arrogant. Can't see the screen without a magnifier but appears no issues other than squinting and burnt hands (it gets hot). Ergo if my iPhone 5 can handle it, but processes at 97-100% then no chance of stability on iPad period, unless less data is channeled at any one time from the ether sphere.

NO 'BUG' HERE
  • AlibabaAlibaba Member Posts: 1,275
    Not a bug, it's a compatibility problem causing crashes. As you said NML hates iPad 2.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637

Ergo if my iPhone 5 can handle it, but processes at 97-100% then no chance of stability on iPad period, unless less data is channeled at any one time from the ether sphere.

Actually we do "channel less data" on the iPad 2 and other 512 meg devices. Mainly the texture sizes are smaller, but we also disable some graphics features. For example the world map does not have clouds on these low-memory devices.
    @eetu thank you for clarifying. I had read somewhere that you did toggle down for some devices, which is why I wondered if someone tripped over the switch and turned it back up (that was tongue in cheek btw).
    I do appreciate the the graphics are rather good, swaying trees, daisies, wiggling walkers, crackling fires (my favourite is the running stream), but my iPad 2 is still clearly not robust enough for your toggle.
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    Just joining this thread as I have the identical issue playing on my iPad 2 and want to keep up on any news they may post here. Glad to hear they are aware of the issue and hope to be able to participate in non-crashing outpost raids sometime soon. My raid log is looking pretty pathetic :'(
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 568
    I hate it when you finish a mission, and get the option to view a video for additional crates. Sure, why not! That's a good time to crash. When you reload the game, you don't get to open additional crates, only continue. Feels like you just got pranked.
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    BarcodeJ said:

Sorry, not to be a troll, but if you had an android tablet you might not have so many problems ;-). My galaxy Tab S 10.5 has never crashed playing the game.

My Tab 3 10.1 was great early on. But the more features such as the "victory dance" that have been added, well, I can't even use it any more and have to play on my phone instead.

Off topic for a thread about a totally different ecosystem... where's a mod to delete the post I'm responding to?
  • NotYourLunchNotYourLunch Member Posts: 40
    Bump. If they tested like GOOD developers USED TO, there would be a running FAQ with lists of equipment and how well it worked. Or I've missed it.

Might be they will do what others do. Hit critical mass where it no longer pays to operate the game, then reskin it and start all over with a NEW game.