PSA: The Deadly in this Challenge is tougher than it seems.

TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
PSA: The Deadly in this Challenge is tougher than it seems. Tread carefully.

Just wanted to inform you guys that the Deadly in the Compound Challenge is tougher than was intended. Stay on your toes with this one.
KeepGen

Comments

• drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    also note the deadly is in a different position on the map challenge screen to normal ;-)
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    KeepGenMeko
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    That fooled me @drinky! At least the walker bites were still only mosquito strength!
    Felecia
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    Obviously we also got more bugs with 1.70 than was intended.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Thx for the heads-up, I'm sure a few people would've stepped right into this.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Yep, my guess is that the additional walkers from threat are not supposed to spawn, since there are walkers that spawn each turn. Just like the last deadly, I'll probably stop at level 17. The risk is very, very high.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @Teeceezy While the warning is much appreciated, will it be fixed?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    ggbatsSlickRick
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    Has anyone experience with this?

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/5510/compound-challenge-wrong-position-of-deadly-mission#latest

Cant be that this is the only one?!

What is the NAME of the deadly??? Apreciate NG's statement as well but no mission name has been dropped.

Sorry about that stupid question, but hope you understand that there is kind of confusion in our guild!
    Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Deadly is called Inside and Out.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • HiggoHiggo Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the late warning. I lost 3 lvl 7's on a lvl 5 mission. Wasn't reckless at all. Only a week in so that seriously hurts.
    masmith93terryh04ggbats
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I would also like to note that the deadly is in an unusual place. It is bottom right instead of right and out of line.

Normal is this:

M M
    Deadly
    M M M

Current is this:

M M
    M
    M M Deadly
    And it lost formatting.

Normal:

.....M.....M
    .................Deadly
    M....M....M

This time:

.....M.....M
    ..................M
    M....M....Deadly
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 403
    @thebluebox love your name/avatar
  • terryh04terryh04 Member Posts: 1
    Lost a level 8 and two level 7 survivors to a deadly that recommends level 3!!! I was enjoying this game but now think it's a rip off.
    Higgo
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    @Teeceezy yeah it might be a good idea to have this Weekend Event be the Increased Drop Rates for Epic and Legendary Survivors event since there will likely be a lot of people with empty survivor slots after this week's challenge
    HiggoggbatsBW78Gonkistan
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    @Teeceezy

Can you elaborate, it's tougher how?

Are we getting more spawns?

Are the walkers high lvl than advertised?
    @Poppy

I think Walkers are at higher lv than shown. My assault coudnt kill lv7 fatties with one shot in deadly. No problem in other missions.

Can anyone tell me why my guild mate has "Death Trap" as deadly??????????
    Poppy said:

@Teeceezy

Can you elaborate, it's tougher how?

Are we getting more spawns?

Are the walkers high lvl than advertised?

The issue isn't the walkers being a higher level. They are coming out 2-3 every turn rather than when the counter runs out. Usually, when you have a mission that has a turn counter, the only respawns are when the counter runs out. It seems to be adding roughly 4 levels to the difficulty. I am running a full level 12 team (1 shooter & 2 hunters). Usually, I can do up to level 12 or 13 deadly missions. I almost got my head handed to me on the level 8. I am not going to push it any further with that one.

@Illbrainer Not sure why that is happening. Inside and Out is the Deadly on my screen and in the incorrect position. All my guildies are reporting the same thing. I think "Death Trap" is the normal mission displaying in the usual Deadly position. Double check with your guildy. I played Inside and Out twice before realizing it was the deadly due to the position issue. It wasn't until I hit the level 7 (3rd time) that I noticed it said "Deadly" and made my previous post.

@BarcodeJ Thanks! I am a Whovian from classic days. My first Doctor was reruns on PBS with Tom Baker. When the internet came into being, I started using the Blue Box as my handle. Then, there was crossover with the biker community that gave me Blue as my road name. Since I had become known as Blue, Blue Box, or BB, I just rolled that over into a business name for hand crafted leather goods.
    @thebluebox Thanks for commenting! Would be great to hear something from the officials though. My guildy isnt in this forum and as "his" deadly is in the right place he has actually to potential deadlies. On top the thing with the harder Walkers.
    Verbaub
  • LedfutLedfut Member Posts: 17
    So we all know that there is a problem with it. Is it going to get fixed, or do we play at our own risk and don't cry to the developer when we lose our survivors?
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    @Higgo, sorry about your 7's. Be happy they weren't 15+ - then you'd really be pissed. I read when you initially posted. Unless you posted late, this issue was documented well before your post.

@terryh04, there are a bunch of us who share your frustration in more ways than one.

@Illbrainer, hope the glitch didn't hurt your guild too badly. With all the recent updates and bugs that come with them - there's no better time to get forum active. If you're really waiting for a reply from the "officials", esp. in a thread started by a leg mod that covers all your issues, you're better off watching paint dry. I hear powder blue is a nice color. Whatever you do, do not use traditional paint that contains VOC - it can be toxic.
    @Vintage_Bull ;-) Also thanks to you. Theres another thread made up earlier, including messages to Teeceezy and Eetu. As this is Teeceezy's thread, I thought getting along with this one might be a good idea to get heard. Didnt saw anyone else here having this glitch and actually we dont care about loosing the one or other star. When it comes to loosing survivors... Man, I would really be pissed to see one dying in a nondeadly due to "wrong painting". Thanks again!
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    The mission is not bugged, it's just harder than usual. It has nothing to do with the levels or math, and everything to do with the level design, the number and type of walkers.

You need to go in slow and careful, minding the tight corners, not adding to the Threat, and then look for the right moment to rush the loot containers. You're going to take some damage while doing that. It's easy to get cornered on your way out, too.
    ggbats
  • trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86
    im on level 18 here and plan to continue, not seeing what all the fuss is about
  • RicKReaPerRicKReaPer Member Posts: 48
    Na i go in all guns blazing, i can always get another uncommon survivor :wink:
    ggbats
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    fatties spawning from corners is something we haven't seen before.
    ray5545ggbatsSirJamesLeachII
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I missed this post but thanks for the in-game warnings. Those I did see :)
This discussion has been closed.