iPad Time line

DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
I know you guys need more information to solve the iPad crash issue so I kept notes this time. I am on an iPad, not a mini. I don't have every action here since I had to stop and take notes but we all know the sequence of events here so I captured the time lapsed at certain points

Mission #1

0:00 Press icon to start the game
1:00 Game loads
1:22 Finish tomato/xp harvest
2:11 Finished with selection of survivors and gear, click Map
2:17 Map appears. Poke around, deciding what to do
2:58 Go to Level 6, Hard. Decide to do a tomato run. Click Start
3:11 Game starts loading
3:33 Hit continue
8:15 Finish mission
8:35 Start video for second round of boxes
9:23 Scrap some weapons and finish
9:45 Back to map
10:01 Crash

Reload game

Mission #2

0:50 Game loads -- go to select survivors and gear
2:11 Start mission. Still Level 6, Hard, Tomato run
6:11 Finish mission
6:30 Start video for second round of boxes
7:30 Scrap some weapons and finish
7:51 Back to map
8:10 Crashes while selecting survivors and gear

Reload game

Mission #3

0:50 Game loads -- go to select survivors and gear
1:22 Start training on one survivor
2:31 Start mission. Still Level 6, Hard, Tomato run
7:52 Finish mission
8:13 Start video for second round of boxes
9:01 Scrap some weapons and finish
9:25 Back to map
10:06 Scroll through survivors but it won't scroll
10:12 Crash

It doesn't always crash after I've finished a mission. It crashes during missions. It crashes during videos. It crashes while selecting survivors and gear. My current working theory is that it crashes every 10 minutes, no matter what I'm doing, unless it decides to crash sooner.

I shall continue to see if I notice a pattern. If you need more detail on a particular section, let me know.

the_niksterSwtdstny

Comments

• eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Whoa, great dedication, things like this always come in handy! Thanks!
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    You're welcome! "It crashes" isn't helpful feedback. Details are needed. I'm trying to provide them. I know more data is necessary.
    the_nikster
  • the_niksterthe_nikster Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting the exact same problem and it has to be a game issue because it doesn't happen with any other game apps on my iPad. Any solutions yet?
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 78
    Also on iPad, latest iOS. When in challenge mode, when I finish selecting chests and select continue it will go the main start up screen and reload. After a minute it brings me back to the challenge area but it is different. There are always 66 messages showing in my mailbox in the top right corner and sometimes I am in a different challenge (last weekends or one I have never seen called loading docks). If I select camp and scroll around there for a second then come back to the challenge it is reset and correct. No messages showing in mailbox. If I decide to do challenge that is not the one we are doing now it will let me do it, take my gas, but give me no stars and no awards I select in the chests at the end. Yesterday it took me to select chests from a episode 13 run. When it re started I was back in the episode 13 area.

Also locks up during raids while the clock continues to count down. This is usually in the first part where the zombies are. Can not move my survivors at all or shoot, etc. when clock is finished counting down of course I lose raid, the gas and influence is deducted from my total. Happens one out of every three times I try approx.
    Swtdstny
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    @Dale Still an issue since update? This thread will be closed in 24 hours if there is no response.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
    Definitely still an issue. It seems to me that it has gotten worse. Sometimes it crashes twice within a normal mission. It will also crash in the middle of farming 7.4.

I recently found out there is an update to the ios. I'm going to install that later today and see if that helps. I'm not optimistic but I'll let you know how it goes.
    It didn't help. I suspect the "answer" here is I have a low memory machine so too bad for me.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Ok I try not to complain but this is driving me insane ...I'm on iPad mini and I have the same issues although it's much more severe ...

I open the game and start emptying cans and XP and I'm thinking what to do...

Crash

Reload....decide to do some stars...load a challenge....

Crash

Reload...complete challenge...back at camp....load next challenge....get 10 seconds in...

Crash

If I'm in the middle of a challenge or mission and it crashes, my reload brings me back to where I left off....fine...whatever...but if I crash during an outpost raid it gives me a loss even if I was winning or didn't even get a shot off....I no longer do raids :(

This has been going on since I started playing the game...so much that I'm in the habit of closing out the game between each challenge....this is time consuming and extremely annoying ....I have been expecting an improvement of some kind each new release...I know there are many more urgent bugs so I havnt said anything but it's becoming intolerable, especially when I never have this problem when playing my baby alt ID on my android.

If you want infinate detail such as @Dale has given, I'm more than happy to do it if you can assure me my time spent won't be wasted and that you are taking this issue seriously. Further to that...if you really have no idea why this is going on I can refer you to a family member who manages one of the largest IT divisions in this country...I've already asked him why this is happening...I thought it might be my iPad but he says no, the issue is all at your end.

At least please tell me this is being looked into...I love this game and I'm not going anywhere, but I'm sure there are a bunch of potential new players/payers that download the app...run into this problem, and give up before they get hooked on the actual game....

See what I did there? ;)

There are $ reasons this should be fixed...not just to stop me whining lol

Xoxo

LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    Swtdstny
    Just noting first crash of the day...loaded game, checked supplies, completed manor house challenge, watch video, claim rewards......crash

Xoxo
    Second crash of the day...did the shut the gate challenge....click video...video starts to load.......crash......

Xoxo
    3rd and 4th crashes while looking at weapons :(

So I asked my resident expert again...says your obviously not an apple shop?...and your code writers have made it compatible to other operating systems but hvnt covered all the apple versions?

It's beyond me...I just wanna play without constant crashes :(

Xoxo
    Swtdstny
    What @tammy said
    But seriously...my iPad mini is less than 2yrs old..surely you can cover this...said "in-house expert" says "they need more staff...it's that simple"... I'm like..."F!uk it...there are people out there that can deal with this!!!!!!!!...hire them!!!!!"

Please? Do the code for I stuff....please please please

Xoxo
    Swtdstny
    edited May 2016
    Playing on an iPad sucks. I've been using my iPad because it has a bigger screen than my phone and my eyes aren't that great. Now, I'm going to be unable to sit and play during double tomato weekend (real life activities) so I figured I could at least harvest if the game was on my phone. So I transferred it to my android phone. The difference is amazing!

I did a mission, watched 4 videos, and did another mission and it didn't crash once! That would have been at least 4 crashes on the iPad. and the images are much sharper. It's like going from regular TV to high def.

Problem is, the screen on the phone is so small that now my eyeballs hurt. :s
  • SwtdstnySwtdstny Member Posts: 57
    I'm on an iPad Air and still unable to play with more than one level 17 survivor. It won't let me play with my 18 level survivors without crashing and taking me back to neegan screen. Please don't close this thread until all issues are fixed. Many high level iPad users are getting just as upset. I've put in a ticket almost a week ago and no reply.
    okay, so we know playing on an ipad sucks. So I thought that I would try to load the game on my Kindle fire. How does one do that exactly?

Seriously, how many devices do I have to go through before I can find one where this game runs well on a screen big enough to see?
  • Annette578Annette578 Member Posts: 487
    @Dale
    Mine is doing exactly what @tammy is doing. I find no solution either. Let me know if you or Tammy get one! Thx I have a 2 yr old iPad mini. I get no response or help from support either.
    As far as I can tell, the best solution is to give up, get Bluestacks, and play on my laptop.
    Swtdstny
    @Annette578 ol it's so freaking frustrating ...I'm in a competitive guild..we race against each other in every challenge for fun...it's like a handicap having to reboot my game between each challenge..if that was all there was to it I could deal..but 20+ disconnects in 30 mins is just too much...and that's normal after this latest "update"..they Ned to et an apple team in to get this right...there are a huge number of players using iPad/iPad mini

Xoxo
    *they need to get an apple team...

Xoxo
    @tammy
    Thx, I totally agree! I play in TheLostSlayers guild. So are we. I'm not going to cough up $200+ for another device, to play a mobile game. This mini is fine, & I never have had any other issues, other than TWD. I like doing raids occasionally, but the failed crashes r unacceptable. Much less all the crashes at the Cinema, & losing extra reward crates. I don't know if they will ever fix the crap! :/
    tammy
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    Game goes extremelly slow in my ipad mini, any solution? Downgrading to ios 8 could be a solution?
    edited May 2016
    @raton
    I looked at several websites. They all say you can't go back to previous IOS versions, unless you have a jailbroken device. I don't want to take a chance of losing all my progress. Tnx for the reply though.
    raton
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    @Annette578 if you make a downgrade you will not loose anything. Game progres will be available in "game center" just link your account to fb id.
    @raton
    I understand that. My game is in Game Center. But how do u revert back to IOS 8? Is your device jailbroken? Like I said, all the sites I went to said it was the only way.
    I just spent an hour trying to buy one of the bundles...no success...I keep getting..."cannot connect to iTunes" ....I've always had to try several times, but now it won't connect at all....I know this is to do with the whole iPad/TWD/disconnect thing cos if I go through any other of my games there is no issue and I connect right away....the frustration level is almost at its limit and NG are losing out on $ ..I hang in cos I love the game...but it's almost summer and I can't imagine I'm gonna be bothered spending that amount of time struggling to stay connected to a mobile game when my pool and Camaro are calling me ....I've spent a lot of $ here though so I guess NG got their use out of me.

Xoxo
    Swtdstny
  • SwtdstnySwtdstny Member Posts: 57
    I'm finally getting response.....but no help, they keep telling me to try the same things I already have. Soooooo done with this game. I've already stopped playing it as often as I did. It's more of a bored out of my mind game now. I still end up leaving upset because I know all the money and hours I wasted on it. With no compensation in the game. My suggestion to people is quit before you get sucked in deeper
    SgtSalami
    edited June 2016
    @Swtdstny this is not a problem with your end and they know it so to give you "suggestions" for a fix is like spitting in your face...

I've played this game almost from the beginning...I got used to rebooting between each challenge...bad enough, but I love the game...but this week I can't stay connected long enough to even collect my soup!!! My survivors are freaking starving!!

In the end I don't know what to say...I can't play the game like this and I'm so sad ...and no one in the "game probs" part of the forum will answer me.. :(

Xoxo
    SwtdstnySgtSalami
    @tammy
    Same with me. I get no response anymore. They don't have a fix, so they just ignore the question we send in. I at least, used to get someone to let me know something. It is past the point of rediculious ! Sorry! I love the game, & TWD, but not looking good! :'(
    SgtSalami