Suggestion: Mission indicators for suggested survivor classes

PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
I've probably fallen victim like many others to just using 'my standard team setup' on each mission.
What if we had a 'mission indicator' that suggested what type of survivor might help best?
Not something like 'take 2 Warriors and a Scout', a little more subtle.
- each mission would have a set of indicators
- each indicator ranges from 0 to 4
- possible indicators:
--- silence
--- tough walkers
--- large groups
--- need to be fast
--- walkers spawning from doors
--- walkers in hiding
--- hold off walkers

So for example a high indicator on silence could mean that there's a ton of walkers (maybe in a neighboring room) that would be attracted by noise. So, you might want to consider bringing only melee, or use only Overwatch.
A high indicator on 'Tough Walkers' would indicate that you might want to consider bringing a Shooter or Scout to stand a chance.

IMHO this would make for a lot more strategic game play, opposed to now where we simply don't know what is coming and routinely bring the team we have gotten used to.

(On a side note, the more I think about it the more I love the idea of an adjacent room with TONS of walkers that could stampede into the room at a moment's notice... )

What does everybody think?
If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
contact us via email at [email protected]

Comments

• SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Not a bad idea, but Rick and company rarely new what they were in for.

The element of surprise and uncertainty is something I love about doing a mission for the 1st time.

If you fail the mission you can change up your team or how you approach it. Unless of course it was deadly......You might not have a team left.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2015
    @SlayerSect , yes,I see your point and thought about the 'uncertainty' factor of the 'real' zombie apocalypse. I don't want to plan out each mission on the whiteboard beforehand, that would make it very strange. But some indicators to spice up everybody's usual team setup would be good. I for one get tired just going in with the same old team every time, period. The variations of the characters could be put to use, forcing us to adapt more, be more flexible, ergo create more strategic fun.

And btw, the 'all survivors move, only then all walkers move a set amount of steps' is not exactly what the zombie (sorry, WALKER!) apocalypse would look like either... :smiley:
    Pnub
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    When ever I go on exploration missions I always take a different team set up. Sometimes even lower lvl survivors then recommended It helps me to learn the strengths of my various survivors and team dynamics and also helps me for learning tactics.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    dont make it too easy.. i like the surprise factor. where's the challenge in that if you know what you will be dealing with. it will be boring that way.. so leave it be.. it may be harder but challenging.. that's what a great game should be.. challenging..
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @aysatyo , I have to disagree with you, and you might be missing my point. I don't want to make it easier, on the contrary. MASSIVE hordes of walkers should make it harder.
    The point is to entice us to us different team setups, and not our usual '2 hunters + a scout or shooter', maybe a bruiser.
    The daily challenges are trying to go into the same direction with 'melee only' or 'firearms only', but I believe we can push that envelope much further.

But, if I'm the only one...
  • AhexAhex Member Posts: 78
    I like surprise factor too. Only few indicators might be good. Now we have regular and deadly missions. Also mission badge shows how difficult that mission is for you. Green, orange, red. I haven't lost any people on missions and actually deadly missions seems to be easier than regular missions.

I just hate those sure fatal missions. Open container and your warrior is in the middle of zombies. And there is not even reward. Why the hell I would open container full of zombies without reward?
    TheSheriff