Which one would you keep?

GarretGarret Member Posts: 133
edited March 2016 in Strategy Discussion

one of these two will bw my 3rd hunter.
I cannot afford upgrading both and I think its a little useless considering that I have other two (17/19 leg, 17/18 3pic).
so, which one?
and why?
thanks!

Comments

• GarretGarret Member Posts: 133
    the legendary one is 17/19 instead 17/10 that I typed.
  • pididentepididente Member Posts: 8
    My inclination is to keep the 4*...for that reason alone.
    Garret
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,511
    They have the same traits. I would keep the rare (3 star) because it starts off at a higher level (will be ready to use with less XP) and has a higher max.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Japes87GarretSlickRick
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    I'm with @masmith93, it's gonna take a long time and a lot of badges to get old Lee to level 17. Since it is your 3rd Hunter, I would keep Derek.
    masmith93Garret
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    I would keep Lee. The 200k xp it will take to level him to 12 is negligible when you will be using this character for a long time. Yeah the traits are the same...but not the same level. The silver dodge goes a lot further with the extra luck and the gold iron skin will come in handy on the rare occasion a walker slips through. That and you will actually be able to unlock all those traits.whereas you cant with the one that maxes at 18.
    Garret
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Lee has silver traits that unlock by level 15 that I like, the dodge and luck, Derek's traits are not quite as good. Lee is fully unlocked at 17 and the traits probably will make him more powerful than Derek @ 18 (which will be down the road. And cost a ton.)

I do not think there is clearly a right or wrong answer, depends on some other factors. Usual set-up you use, what equipment you have. But based on your line-up, keeping Derek with a max of 18 is not going to hurt you. On the other hand the advantage of the extra level, based on the differences in traits, seems to be solely with respect to base level 18 equipment. So Lee is capped at level 20 equipment, while Derek at 21. The real issue is the difference in costs for upgrading. The main cost difference will be getting Lee to 12. Lee will cost a bit more in XP and time. I have recently kept some common and dumped Epic just because the levels were so different, coupled with the cap. (An Epic with a cap of 16 at level 11 vs the common with initial level of 16 with a cap of 18)
    Garret
  • The epic has silver traits accomplished sooner where the rare has bronze traits accomplished later. Definitely the epic
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    Garret
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 681
    they may have the same traits but prob r diff % they give to each person plus epic is a better person so even though he a lower level he harder to get so makes him as good or better than the slightly rare person id keep the epic 4 star plus gettin him to the same level is not that much compared to gettin him from 12 to highest
    Garret
  • @Garret @mcbkhicks Lee has a silver dodge (10%) at lvl 12 a silver luck (10%) at lvl 15 & gold iron skin(15%) at lvl 17
    Derek has a bronze skin (5%) at lvl 15 & a bronze luck (5%) at lvl 16 & silver dodge (10%) at lvl 18
    Lee has more silver traits = higher % that are obtainable at earlier levels
    It's not even close in comparison.
    Add to the fact that the upgrade cost to go from lvl 16 to lvl 17 to over 400,000 xp means Derek would have never made it passed the "reject" screen.
    Mike Tyson
    Garret
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    In general, at higher levels like this, it's only worth upgrading rare survivors if you don't have epic or legendary ones. One level lower epic with those traits is better than the rare one at one level higher.
    Garret
    thats the way it was for me i had an uncommon & epic of same like @Garret but both had same level startin epic had level total lower but i equiped them both with same rifle & armor to find out which to keep & epic had higher attack & defence i dont know how it would of if i upgraded both to max but at the way they were the epic was better
    Garret
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    if i were you, i will keep none of those two.. if i already got 2 hunter which is 17/19 leg, 17/18 epic, that would be enough. i will instead find other survivor type which i lack a strong survivor.. but that's just me..

Garret
  • if i were you, i will keep none of those two.. if i already got 2 hunter which is 17/19 leg, 17/18 epic, that would be enough. i will instead find other survivor type which i lack a strong survivor.. but that's just me..

Obviously they would want the best survivors, but the choice was between those two options. Must mean they're not sitting on 3 legendary hunters. I myself only have 2 epic hunters maxed out at 15 & 16. My choice is legendary but radio's aren't pulling them in.
    Mike Tyson
    Garret
    bgbelden said:

if i were you, i will keep none of those two.. if i already got 2 hunter which is 17/19 leg, 17/18 epic, that would be enough. i will instead find other survivor type which i lack a strong survivor.. but that's just me..

Obviously they would want the best survivors, but the choice was between those two options. Must mean they're not sitting on 3 legendary hunters. I myself only have 2 epic hunters maxed out at 15 & 16. My choice is legendary but radio's aren't pulling them in.
    My point is, if it were me, i would be contented with the two hunters (17/19 leg & 17/18 epic) and reject any hunters below those two. If i want a 3rd hunter, it must be same or higher than those two that i already have. Those two choices are both below the two hunters he already have. So i would choose none..

Garret
    Sorry, to make it more clear, im only speaking what i will do. And from my own tactics, i never use 2 hunters at the same time. So 2 would be enough for me and if i can have a 3rd hunter, it must be same or bettet than the first two. Again, im speaking of what i will do. But i believe, we all do it differently. So to each his own.

Garret
  • @AysatyoPet My bad, I missed the part about him having better hunters. I thought he needed 1 to actually use
    Mike Tyson
    Garret
    Maybe he needed it for outpost. But right now, outpost seems not that appealing to be concerned so much as who you will station there.

Zeena
    rite i reread it again but yea if u got 2 that r better then find one better than ur 2
    Garret