Send a guild gift

I sent my guild member a gift of 400 gold so he could upgrade a survivor quicker, lol he opened the crate a got 6 bloody fuel......... he was already full, what a bloody farce :(

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    A member of my guild was nice enough to send all of us a gift. So after they were opened, the level of the gifts was all over the place. Here are some of the results.
    (1) 7k experience
    (1) 17k experience
    (2) 22k experience
    (1) 6 gas
    (2) 17k supplies
    (1) Legendary level 17 weapon
    (1) Legendary level 15 armor
    So, why is there so much variation in size/quality of gift? Is it random? Some of these are not worth 400 gold.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    The gas is the worst. We've requested it be removed since it's a total waste.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    Sending a gift costs 400 gold, for this everyone in your guild gets a golden ticket.
    Rewards are the same as you would buy a golden ticket with 500 TG

At first i also tought i was sending 400gold to my guildmembers, but looking back that would be stupid.
    If i gave 400gold to every member and it would cost me 400 then if every member sends me back one gift i would get 400gold *19?

FYI
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    Its a silly feature that will never be worth it , and the way its presented has tricked a lot of people into thinking they are sending gold.
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    It is what it is, and nothing more. I don't think there's any reason for anybody to complain to NG about it. Well, I guess maybe they could be more clear about what the 400 gold gets you, since people have misinterpreted it.

IMO, it's just a way for any player to send a little token gift to their guild mates. Is it worth 400g? That's up to each of us to decide. Is it worth under $5 (Canadian) for me to give 19 other people a 'gift' of a golden chest when they weren't expecting it? I did it once when it first appeared to see what would happen and didn't regret it. Would I do it again? Maybe. First of all, there's no expectation from anyone so anything they get is gravy. And you only have to look at @Heisenberg 's list above to see that 2 of the rewards were legendary items. Again, if you had the option of spending less than 5 bucks on 19 little trinkets for your co-workers, would you? Maybe, maybe not. To each his own :)
  • RicKReaPerRicKReaPer Member Posts: 48
    I wouldn't have minded if i had 20 guild members, but i only have 1 lol very expensive fuel haahahaha
    found this on NG site might be of interest to some
    https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/
    ggbats
    edited March 2016
    I agree @DoTak, I am not complaining. Simply asking for some clarification, because I might like to return the favor some day. I know everyone in our guild appreciated what they received. I guess, I assumed everyone would get the same gift.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    It sends out a golden crate at the recipient's level. It's exactly the same as opening a gold crate from a mission rewards screen for that player.
    edited March 2016
    Oh, ok that makes sense. Thank you @OldGoth
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    This game can benefit from a lot less hate mail by just being super explicit on what we get. It's like the example of why people hate the uncertainty of haggling for prices on cars when they just want one clear fair honest price
    HeisenbergSurvivor420
  • TWD2TWD2 Member Posts: 62
    The cost is still prohibitive and should be reduced.
    Survivor420
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Well I'm glad we got this all sorted out. Thanks to @OldGoth for clearing things up. And thanks to @Heisenberg for providing that sample list for all to see. There should be no confusion over the gift button now (for anyone who reads this).
    Heisenberg
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited March 2016
    @OldGoth Maybe the gift should be 500TG and then the person can choose to buy a gold card or bank it as credit towards a rare, epic, or legendary card from the trade store?

Also, when I got a gift, it forced me to open one of my trade good boxes that I have been banking. That seems like a bug.
    masmith93FizzyPinot
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @TheMurphy You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. The gift button converts 400g into one gold ticket per member in the guild(so 20 max). If you got 500TG instead of a gold ticket you could still buy a gold ticket, OR you could save the TG to buy a legendary ticket. It's a better option that doesn't force you to anything, it just opens up the ability to spend the gift how the player wants to spend it. This is also directly in line with what NG have already been moving towards with the currency and rewards of the game.
    Lightfeetmasmith93[Deleted User]
  • misterborn2playmisterborn2play Member Posts: 13
    @DoTak agree that they should be more clear of what 400 gold gift does. My guild member received just 650 exp. I could've gotten much more out of 400 gold if I kept it. Consider it a total loss. Very disappointing. Gifts should be individual, and be exactly what you send. IMHO anyways.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    @misterborn2play It costs 400 gold to send a gift to every member of your guild except yourself. If you have 20 members in your guild, then 400 gold pays for 19 gifts. If you have 5 members in your guild, 400 gold pays for 4 gifts.

The gifts are a gold ticket crate. It could be a little XP, a lot of XP, a piece of equipment, etc. I have received 26k supplies from one gift and 4 gas from another. I have recieved weapons that got scrapped and armor that I had to grow into. Some are better than others.
    misterborn2play
    @thebluebox I understand. Gift is a lottery. I just started playing recently. I like the game. Though I don't like the show. I won't send a gift ever again, lesson learned.

• rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Wait!?!?! What!?!?!
    You don't like The Walking Dead!?!?! What?!?!
    I am completely boggled right now
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    masmith93misterborn2playCherokee_RoseTheLostOnes
  • CmlCml Member Posts: 75

It costs 400 gold to send a gift to every member of your guild except yourself. If you have 20 members in your guild, then 400 gold pays for 19 gifts.

@thebluebox
    So the gift giver don't receive a gift?
    1 gold crate = 500tg = 20gold.
    20gold x 19members = 380 gold.
    So even if you had 20 guild members, you'd still lose out on 20gold.
    Is this like a handling fee or something?
    This is stupid...
    I think we sould be able to choose who we wish to send gift to, at a fixed price per gift.
    TheLostOnes
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    rgerkman said:

Wait!?!?! What!?!?!

I have not seen it so I can't say if I like it or not.

My nephew got me hooked on the game while we were snowbound during the blizzard. I promised some folks here that, if I watched the show, I would watch it from the beginning. I haven't had time to do that yet.
    misterborn2play
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Dale said:

rgerkman said:

Wait!?!?! What!?!?!

I have not seen it so I can't say if I like it or not.

My nephew got me hooked on the game while we were snowbound during the blizzard. I promised some folks here that, if I watched the show, I would watch it from the beginning. I haven't had time to do that yet.
    ***spolier alert***

given your name is Dale, don't watch it... or else......

masmith93rgerkman
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't play a game based on the show without watching/liking the show. I mean, it's a GREAT F*CKING show. It's never too late to catch up. S1 E1, go!
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    rgerkmanSlickRick
    rgerkman said:

Wait!?!?! What!?!?!

Haha. I did watch the first season, when it first come out. My wife still watches it. It is one of her most favourite shows. But I just can't watch it. I watch "Z nation" though. Hope it returns for another season.

@Cml
    Totally agree.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    @cml Nope, the giver doesn't get a gift. However, your figures are flawed. You assume each gift chest has a value of 20 gold. Sometimes, you get 5 gas cans, and that is worth less than 20 gold. Other times, you get legendary equipment or 26K XP, both worth more than 20 gold.

The gifting system is flawed, no doubt. However, I do think it does need to be a gift to the entire guild. Otherwise, people will figure out a way to abuse the system.
    rgerkman
  • DragoonDragoon Member Posts: 68
    I started the ball rolling in my guild and quite frankly you giving 19 people a gold chest for free...not like you payed for the 500 gold.
    So when everyone does it that's 19 gold chests 25 gold to hope you get that elusive gold chest on 19 deadly missions, well that would be 475 gold so...yeah.
    Don't be a scrooge and give away the stuff you didn't pay for in the 1st place lol.
    75th Rangers

To sin by silence makes cowards of men.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world around him, the unreasonable man persists in adapting the world to himself.....All progress depends on the unreasonable man.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122

given your name is Dale, don't watch it... or else......

It's not. That's just a name I use online when I don't know the group I'm talking with.

But I shall heed your warning and stay away. :o