The 2 Minute Disconnect

PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
edited March 2016 in Game Issues
I am getting kicked out repeatedly. Most recently when typing a chat message in the Guild chat. I am not sure if this is two minute disconnect workaround. I am also not sure if I should post a suggestion about this. But considering the time for the game to load and reconnect, getting kicked out every two minutes seems to be a bit of a bummer. Go get a glass of water, kicked out. Answer the phone, kicked out. And it also seems to be cycling quicker than two minutes.

EDIT: I was kicked out again after getting kicked out, starting the app and typing the above, getting disconnected message popped again as I finished the above.
Invader

Comments

• AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    @Perdtin The game is currently undergoing maintenance, this is probably why you are getting kicked out repeatedly.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • This change is a total non-sense.
    Invader
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Alibaba said:

@Perdtin The game is currently undergoing maintenance, this is probably why you are getting kicked out repeatedly.

Ah, had the three earlier notices and game would not load at all. So this is not everything shut off type?
  • Alibaba said:

Sure. I thought it is due to this:
    "This update includes a change: Now a 120 second timeout is applied when idling from the game. This change will help accounts saving their state to the servers. For now, the timeout message will read "Connection Error", however this is a placeholder until a client update has been released."
    Perdtin
    edited March 2016
    @Perdtin The game just finished maintenance. Try to load the game now and see if it is still happening and please let us know.

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
    @R03 Ah hmm you are right. The new update applies a timeout. Anyone that is not actively doing anything in the game will be timed out and it will say the "Connection Lost" message. It doesn't matter which window the play is in as long as it is not being actively used (I just ran some tests). This is similar to the time out that happens in other games like Clash of Clans for inactivity.

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • Haha. 2 minutes. Hillarious! I think I will be a youtuber for this game. Too many concept fails and bugs to miss :disappointed:
    R03 said:

Alibaba said:

Sure. I thought it is due to this:
    "This update includes a change: Now a 120 second timeout is applied when idling from the game. This change will help accounts saving their state to the servers. For now, the timeout message will read "Connection Error", however this is a placeholder until a client update has been released."
    That was what I was thinking also. But trying now again to see how it goes.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    It seems heavy handed, but it's better than losing save state.
    JennyLadyAquila
    zoson said:

It seems heavy handed, but it's better than losing save state.

Should not be that difficult to save locally on the devices, they are fairly stable. And it is not a great deal of data being sent. I get the idea of the client server model to prevent hacks and the rest. It is also the trade off on how often to back-up data. Losing 5 or 10 minutes of play. Of course if you purchased a bundle in the 5 to 10 minute period (or even two minute period) it is a different story :) But on purchases you can program to back up at that time.
  • Maybe a prpoer bugfix would do the trick. Not a workaround...
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    Type your support tickets fast. While in help, the two minute timer is running.
    SenoiaSurvivor
    Let's see if it can be changed to 5 minutes like in Clash of Clans. Already suggested to @eetu.

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
    LadyAquila[Deleted User]
  • Certainly cannot. It must be hard to adjust it without adding new bugs.
    Optimism goes a long way @R03.

Alibaba lvl49
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    I would be rather realistic than optimistic.
    *shots fired
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I wouldn't mind a 2 minute time out, if it doesnt take a minute to reload the game.
    The load time is ridiculously long, and if its going to be happening more and more its going to get rather annoying.

I like the idea mentioned above. Any purchases or radio calls has an instant update of the game, anything else its not really the end of the world if you lose 10-20 minutes of game time.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I think the intention is that the timeout won't be permanent. Hopefully once they fix the underlying issue they can just go back to no timeout.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited March 2016
    The game is reloading every 4-5 minutes now...bug or feature?
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    If you are leaving the game to idle, there is now a 2-minute idle timeout. (As stated in the maintenance announcement)

If it reloads every 5 minutes while you are actively playing, then it is indeed a bug.
  • Mikeb80808Mikeb80808 Member Posts: 16
    timer is 1 to 2 minutes. it does not prevent rollback. got my first rollback this afternoon. guess i have to remember to screenshot after every action....
    Invader
  • 5mins: bug
    2mins: conceptual frack up.
    Invader
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    eetu said:

If you are leaving the game to idle, there is now a 2-minute idle timeout.

That sux...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Is there an ETA when this is going to be fixed? I also am getting disconnected frequently now and do not like it at all!
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    Yeah...this is another unhappy change. I usually am multitasking and I put my phone down a LOT while I play. Now it keeps reloading. This is something that will keep me from ever even loading the game up if I am busy with another task. It is curious to me how it seems NG makes decisions to structure things so that people can't play. Don't they WANT us to play?
  • woyke554433woyke554433 Member Posts: 17
    If I am in a battle and active, I am fine, but if I am searching my gear or survivors it repeatedly pushes me into a reload. I am also getting this if I am idle for a short period. Thanks for addressing this issue.
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    This reloading is bad. I get both 2 minute reload and reloads while playing.
    Felecia
  • GlookerjdcGlookerjdc Member Posts: 127
    edited March 2016
    This is just pathetic..... It is reloading like every 4-5 minutes

Time to hire some programmers who know what they are doing.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited March 2016
    @eetu

I commented in a similar thread about this and will complain in this one too as this is seriously annoying. You can't stay idle on any workshop page more than 30 seconds without timing out! I have been trying all flipping day long. This means you can't freaking compare weapons and try to build good teams without suffering through endless effin' connection lost loops. Please for the love of all that's sane and rational will you people JUST FIX THIS [ran out of curse word alternatives] GAME and stop torching us to confounded death! Stars and Stones if I get asked to be patient one more time I am going to be tempted to fly out to Finland and throw-up on 1 or more of you!

Edit:

Also at least twice I have noticed that the gas timer has counted down to zero without giving the 1 click of gas that it should. The correct gas count doesn't get displayed in the counter area until after a reloading cycle has been endured.
    I keep on getting bounced. Just did a radio call, was managing the slots, scrolling through to see who to drop and got bounced. The radio call was still okay when I got back in.