Reached a peak?

Depending which challenge crops up, the most I can achieve is around 140 stars. I do tend to 'flee' at the cost of loosing fuel if a survivor becomes bruised.

So I've got a few characters on level 13, using two hunters and a warrior. Is this a worth while set up or should I be focusing my efforts on a better team set up?

Interested to hear what everyone else is operating on!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Chuck him out, the brute! "
But it's " Saviour of 'is country " when the guns begin to shoot

Comments

• SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    The game heavily favors the ranged classes (Hunter/shooter) for most maps. Seeing as you're using two hunters, you've probably already figured that out. If you must use a melee class the warrior is the best. Good luck!
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    herrick06
  • RandoRando Member Posts: 31
    I'm using an all firearms team, two epic hunters and a rare shooter. I've been doing pretty well with this setup. Even though the sound attracts more walkers, the hunters (especially with charged abilities and careful moves) are more than enough to make up for it. All three come away from 99% of our outings without a scratch.
    Looking for a friendly and easy-going guild? Join ZArchers! No minimum requirements to join and no quotas to maintain your position.

Put on the patch and let's destroy the walker menace together!
    herrick06
  • herrick06herrick06 Member Posts: 27
    Cheers rando. I'm assuming their using fully upgraded weapons and armour? Also, what level are they at?
    Rando
  • RandoRando Member Posts: 31
    Well for now my survivors max out at level 11 but I started the council upgrade a few hours ago and now I'm working on gathering supplies for the training grounds, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be working with level 12's.

Armor and weapons aren't all fully upgraded (some pieces are), but they are all using/wearing 3-5 star equipment. Both hunters are using rifles with the large caliber attribute, one 4 star and one 3 star. Both wearing 4 star armor.

Shooter is wearing 3 star armor and using a 5 star pistol.
    Looking for a friendly and easy-going guild? Join ZArchers! No minimum requirements to join and no quotas to maintain your position.

Put on the patch and let's destroy the walker menace together!
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    @herrick06 Moving to strategies section.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Once you move your primary survivors to level 17, the Hunter and Warrior combo is a great choice. I use the assult in some cases where a herd is involved but if you use two warriors to lead the charge and a solid Hunter to clear their paths you can move through most challenges without too much difficulty until the walkers hit level 20. Make sure you "spread the wealth" on the kills so everyone is fully charged when you reach the tough level for your particular survivors.
    herrick06Ovidmikel
    Assault class is something I've overlooked, something I've not focused XP on.
    Top tips though, thanks!
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    edited March 2016
    Try using shooters.. my main team is hunter shooter and assault. But in the higher level walkers, i replace the assault with another shooter.

herrick06
    Hunters definitely seem to be the preference, however assault class is something I've over looked! Thanks #AysatyoPet
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Assult helps with large herds of lower level walkers but do not carry the damage needed once you get past level 17 or 18 walkers. I guess if I had a great weapon that could change but I prefer my two level 17 hunters in those situations.
  • lyrgardlyrgard Member Posts: 17
    My crew are mostly level 13, and I'll soon be able to work on level 14.
    I do most of my runs with a combination of Shooter/Hunter/Warrior

- Hunter is an obvious choice. The only "weakness" of this class is when the walker are not well aligned and you can only shoot one.
    - Warrior have the disadvantage of being a melee class, but I find they are more flexible than hunter when it comes to killing pack of walker of different forms, especially with charge ability. Warrior are also great again armored zombie. They also don't generate threat, and don't do "body shoot".
    - Shooter are really nice against fatty, or to assure a kill or two when needed.

I find it is a pretty versatil and powerfull combination, that can adapt to a lot of situation. Horde of zombies can be taken care of with the AOE of hunter and warrior, and with charge abilities you can attack up to 5 times a turn. I'm at the episode 13 with them.
    herrick06
    @lyrgard

Yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head buddy! Currently upgrading shooter class as we speak.

It's been trial and error, I've stopped at episode 11 to upgrade kit and equipment and focus on the guild missions.
  • lyrgardlyrgard Member Posts: 17
    @herrick06
    Just one last thing to add : extra range and wide arc are a must for shooter and warrior to express their full potential.
    herrick06