Level 10 mission 4: impossible?!?

GkillGkill Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I have tried many times this mission. I watch also the video on YouTube. It seems that the number of turns between walker waves has been reduced by few turns and maybe few armored/tanks more. I have level 11 hunters, assaults, Warriors and shooters. I tried many combinations.... Same. Starting to be boring....as I have also upgraded their equipments.... Any ideas?

Comments

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited March 2016
    It´s not impossible. I have also level 11 fighters and I managed level 10 some days ago. If it comes to the hard way, I switch on my second monitor and play the level move by move with the video aside.

At last on the second or third try it works for me most times.
  • karkar Member Posts: 3
    I didn't know their was a move by move help screen where is it locatedv
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    kar said:

I didn't know their was a move by move help screen where is it locatedv

Playing at home on pc. There is no move by move helpscreen. On monitor 1 I have the game and on monitor 2 I have the youtube-video :wink:
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Try leveling up your survivors first if it gets harder. 1 level makes a difference..

masmith93
  • blenderheadblenderhead Member Posts: 19
    this mission was the first one where I hit a wall and figured it was going to be impossible until i'd levelled up significantly but I managed it at level 11 with 2 scouts and a warrior without getting a bruise :) the stealth approach helps a great deal when you're only adding 2 or 3 new walkers instead of 8 or more.
  • trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86
    Invader said:

It´s not impossible. I have also level 11 fighters and I managed level 10 some days ago. If it comes to the hard way, I switch on my second monitor and play the level move by move with the video aside.

At last on the second or third try it works for me most times.

Im sorry but if you have to play like that, where the hell is the fun/sense of achievement???
  • GkillGkill Member Posts: 7
    In the video, there is only one tanker. On my end, there are three more... The first wave, two walkers showed up on the video in the first wave. 4 on my end. In the video, possible to do it with level 10 guys. My guys are level 11 with great equipment (upgraded and epic/legendary)

Long story/ short story: it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE....
    Moreover, as I have tried to beef up my guys, I did some deadly missions. I lost 4 guys. 3 in a same mission. My bad but still.... Really Boring...
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    I was also stumped on this mission but had underleveled survivors. I had to wait for a radio event, recruit better survivors (read: more than 2*), and level them up. (Also picked up better gear along the way through many deadlies)

I just walked through the level with level 12 survivors (two epic shooters and a legendary hunter) and it was much easier than I remembered. The extra levels and stars helped.

I probably could have returned to this level sooner, but I was feeling it was impossible a few weeks ago too.

Keep at it.
    Ovidmikel
  • GkillGkill Member Posts: 7
    Finally I did it. I found a scout level 13 in a previous episode mission... A hunter, a shooter and the scoot did the trick. Thanks Guys
  • stefmc1stefmc1 Member Posts: 6
    Any ideas on 10/3
    I only have level 9 survivors tho,keep failing right at end
  • GabinaGabina Member Posts: 40
    I don't remember how I did it but I did note (I take notes) that I felt it was easier than the first 3 missions in Ep 10. Each of those had those trailers that were guaranteed to tear up at least one of my survivors. Mission 4 did not. Easier but still hard. That's what I wrote in my notes. I can tell you I did mission 6 with 2 level 12 Assaults and a level 12 hunter.

For Mission 5, my notes say Move fast, kill where must.
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    I know every level in the game was possible till now. I beat them all except 1 single mission which was level 12 night mare the last 1 which now I don't have a chance where it's recommended level 22 starting which is insane... But every single other 1 can be done using the right guys traits and stragity.... But you can do it (well depending if they changed that and made it insanely harder with a higher recommended level) just try different guys and gear...
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    I just completed it with 1 shooter, 1 hunter, and 1 warrior, all level 11. The shooter has a 90% interrupt accounting for luck. The warrior runs with a gold arc stat on weapon. The hinter was nothing special. Completed 1 turn before the fourth wave.
    My tactic was to gain ground every turn. Keep the shooter on overwatch, especially when a survivor was within reach of a tank. Hunter clears 2+ walkers every turn or she overwatches. Warrior plays aggressively to mop up mobs and soften up the armored and tanks. If a tank gets a hit in, it is always game over. The lost turn on a survivor spells doom for the party.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I finished all of episode 10 with level 12 characters, mostly 1 shooter and 2 hunters.
  • Cbillings1985Cbillings1985 Member Posts: 61
    I finished 10.4 with 2 hunters ( lvl 9 and 10) and 1 warrior (lvl 10) all epic. Granted I have some great weapons. Both hunters have wide shot at .4m and .6m and warrior has 135° arc so I get many in 1 swing or shot. I didn't know there was walk through videos but if your patient and line shots up and use charge as soon as it's available it's possible. Only mission in 10 that took more than 1 try was the bridge one where you push 3 cars. That one got ugly so I took a time out and played some nightmare. I can expect 10 to be hard when I was using lvl 9 and 10 survivors and it recommends 13 and 14 lol. Strategy is key. I only play deadly side missions so I get lots of sweet equipment.