The good way to spend gold

fesmafesma Member Posts: 1
Hello guys, im newbie at this game. I have some gold and think about to buy survivors slots, anyone have ideas the good way to spend my gold?

Comments

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    At the early levels I only spent my gold on survivor slots. Most other things can be acquired through time and game play, but you will need to grow your crew so those extra slots are invaluable.
    rgerkmanAnnette578
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Gold is the only way to get new survivor slots. Save it for that.
    Annette578Jake5280
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    edited March 2016
    Dont spend your gold on survivor slots.. What a crappy advise..

This was ok Pre-outpost, but since then we got 3 spots more for free, if we build a outpost.. Only do that if you ran out of free slots and get a survivor, which would help you...

There is no real advise what to spend your gold best for.. it depends so much on your actual needs.. supplies, weapons or maybe progress in Story Mode. .

Dont spend it on missing supplies, xp or radios ever! Because its far to expensive..

If you wanna open crates, because you dont have any weapon of a sort.. fine.
    Wanna play more Story Mode, fine..

Just inform yourself or think about if you really need what you wanna buy "at that moment"

Progress is nice, but paying for it will never stop.. you know what I mean?

Greetings* D
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
    [Deleted User]ggbatsJake5280
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    It depends on how much gold you gots. I like to spend some tomatoes toward upgrade of building and finish with gold because COUNCIL, TRAINING GROUNDS and WORKSHOP are so expensive. Otherwise Leveling up these three take too long to get to. Then keep a few hudred gold for buying crates when you miss the gold tickets or the 3 free commercials run out. Buy 3 more for 25 gold can pay of at times.

Dakaminautumn_ash
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited March 2016
    @fesma depends on how much gold you're talking about and what level you are. But I agree with the survivor, esp since they're half price o:)

Also keep in mind, if you plan on purchasing any survivor bundles, they come with a survivor slot. I have 13 survivor slots. Some people have 25. It just depends on how you play.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 685
    i have all 29 survivor slots thats including the 3 free one i only spent the gold on those so i can have more survivors to play with so when some r in hospitol i can still play so im not waitin but yea i got the bundles that had the slot with them plus as u get a slots the pricd goes up but yea i wouldnt spend it on speedin up stuff one thing i noticed is also upgrade the level 1 equip that takes 10 sec to upgrade u can make some xp doin that but only on the level 1 equip
  • All my slots came with bundles or the 3 from outposts. I have 3 survivors I use regularly about 4 a couple times a day and some I never use. I don't see the need for buying slots as all they'll hold is dead weight. I want a few GREAT survivors, not a bunch of medium survivors.
    To get my legendary shooter from 16 to 17 is 440,000 xp. That means a lot of survivors aren't getting any xp spent on them, so why worry about having enough slots for worthless survivors.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    ggbatsLamsirJake5280Flatwell
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited March 2016
    I like to have back up players @bgbelden !! Especially for my main crew (Hunters, Assault, Warriors & then Shooters) & I feel that each set must have atleast 6 (& I don't like odd numbers) I'm a nut lmao
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    edited March 2016
    Wow, @rgerkman...6?! I like having a minimum of 3 of each survivor class (at least among my most used classes) for the "use 3 warriors" type of quests so I can get bonus stars on the challenges.

As you can see @fesma, there are many different opinions for different styles of play.
    rgerkman
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 685
    im with @rgerkman i like havin 6 of my main classes for back up so when some r bein healed
    rgerkmanJake5280
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    I agree with with @DERRICK & @bgbelden don't buy slots. At higher levels the cost to upgrade survivors and equipment is so high that I can only give attention to my #1 team. I have 19 slots, 14survivors, and 5 that's worth the XP.
    [Deleted User]
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    Agreed on the slots. A dozen or so is all you really will need, depending on how you arrange your team/strategy and how lucky you are on your survivor drops. The rest are kind of like having extra mouths to feed when they don't produce anything.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I find that spending gold on finishing farm upgrades at higher levels can make "financially" sense. It removes the downtime of food production and gets you faster to the higher output level. But it's not a very fun way to spend gold. And as such, the high level farms are only borderline useful.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    ggbatsSlickRick
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I am not a big fan of carrying a lot of survivors. I have 16 slots but not all are filled. I am currently a level 43 player and I have two of each class of survivor except a bruiser which I have one (11/19) who I have never even used and one Legendary scout (17/19) who stays full time in my Outpost. This way I can concentrate on building out my primary Hunter and two Warriors which form my go-to team. I have one strong shooter and one strong assault as well. They sometimes come in handy on the challenges in the earlier rounds. Everyone has their own style. Two of each in the critical categories does the job for me.
    Lamsirggbats
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    @TheLostOnes Great idea to use extra gold to fast upgrade the farms. Once the farms get to about level 7 it just doesn't make sense to upgrade them if they aren't producing supplies while they upgrade. Gold to finish the upgrade without wait time would eliminitate the missed output.

I would recommend using gold only for more survivor slots early in the game. Get enough slots to be able to hold a few of each survivor type (remember to assign your survivors to defend your outpost while they are leveling up - you have to assign them to outpost before you start their upgrade)
    TheLostOnesggbats
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    edited March 2016
    @fesma Moving thread to strategy.
    I say buy survivor slots! Lots and lots of slots.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
    rgerkmanJake5280
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    here's my votes...

early on, the game is more fun if you burn some (easy to get/replace) gold upgrading your council, training ground, and workshop.

It's not worth buying more slots till you are beyond 3 classes available.

It can remove frustration if you have gold available to complete training quickly when you just finish upgrading your training ground.

But at the end of the day, spend gold on the things you like at the time. Gold becomes harder to get not easier as the game progresses.
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    Once you have 19 survivor slots, you shouldn't need any more. Until then get those slots. That gives you 3 slots per class plus 1 more for radio call swaps. That enables all of the "use 3 of" daily quests for extra stars. At the point you have your 19, you will want to spend gold on gas refills and splurge for the occasional extra 3 locker opening when you've used up your videos and have 2 elusive gold tickets left.
    autumn_ash
  • GabinaGabina Member Posts: 40
    I only bought survivor slots when I had double the gold for them. Right now I have 17 and don't need more. I save the gold for upgrading the big things that take so long. Like the Council or Training Ground. I might buy a gold bundle just to do that. (With Google Opinion Rewards money.) I like to hang on to a lot of gold so I have it in a pinch.
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166

That enables all of the "use 3 of" daily quests for extra stars.

My experience is, you'll get these only for the class you have 3 of.

and if you don't have 3 the same, you'll get "use 3 melee" or "use 3 ranged"

• DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    Understood, but I have gotten the use all shooter and use all ranged quests together. The object really is to reduce the chances of getting one of the undesireable quests.