Update 1.8 Discussion Thread

Comments

• AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    shabba said:

Building cost and upgrade duration have been adjusted and fixed

what buildings have been adjusted?
    and is this a higher cost or lower?
    will people who payed to much get tomatoes back? or will they have to pay extra if cost went up?

I think the building cost mentioned here is the typo error amount like 1.7M where it is really 1.07M.. nothing gets higher or lower in price. Just an adjustment on text error..

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Poppy said:

Wonder if the upgrade counters are still ticking I had a armour and a survivor cooking

Fingers crossed. I'm in the same boat.
    stevie05
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Counters have always continued through maintenance previously.
    LadyAquila
    Will the forest challenge be extended due to long maintenance break? Making the next challenge delayed..

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @AysatyoPet Maybe this maintenance is really a secret ploy to go back to one challenge a week? :D
    masmith93ggbats
  • ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
    I'm losing Supplies and XP as we speak. Haven't logged in for twelve hrs now.
    zoson said:

@AysatyoPet Maybe this maintenance is really a secret ploy to go back to one challenge a week? :D

Darn! They should have mentioned that in the update change lists.. i hate secrets..

zoson
  • ZKillerDKZKillerDK Member Posts: 44
    @Teeceezy @zbot @OldGoth

Can we have an update please.
    What's going on?

Due to the many lost hours + tomatoes and xp's, can we have a period with 1 minute gas after this long maintenance
    Thx
    cmillerAcutusNoggerJippelSurvivor420
  • cmillercmiller Member Posts: 6
    I think a lot more than just 1 min gas is necessary. It would be nice to get at least an update. I am new to the forums - but do they always just ignore everyone like this?
  • RickRolledRickRolled Member Posts: 4
    Just imagine how angry Rick Grimes would get if he had to deal with maintenance breaks like this in his fave smartphone games...
    ggbats
  • TWD2TWD2 Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2016
    I think they are in panic mode right now squashing bugs left &/right as they come out from the screen. They can't give updates as they are fighting for their lives against bug zombies.
    masmith93rgerkmanSurvivor420
    NG staffs, because of this long maintenance break and a possible buggy-update, can we expect a "back-to-back" or a "triple" weekend event? Like "the herd event" and "increased radio drop event" and "increased epic/legendary survivor call event" all at the same time... and will last for a whole 7 days.

ratonInvadercmiller
  • NeilFNeilF Member Posts: 26
    Actually, in my experience, they're really good at communicating with us usually. Something fairly serious must have happened for the maintenance to be this long, and not to have had an update.

I'd rather they were fixing whatever the issue is than chit-chatting to us on here though (but a brief estimated time to fix would be appreciated!)
    zosoncmillerrgerkmanSurvivor420
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625

Just imagine how angry Rick Grimes would get if he had to deal with maintenance breaks like this in his fave smartphone games...

Yes, but Morgan would talk him out of going on a killing rampage.
    cmillerggbats
  • TWD2TWD2 Member Posts: 62
    Morgan's kumbayah quest is quite irritating and he should be killed next.
    hottexasggbatsSurvivor420
  • RickRolledRickRolled Member Posts: 4
    I dunno. He's killed people for less
  • cmillercmiller Member Posts: 6
    I agree, fix whatever it is but at least pop on and give us a good idea of when it will be back up.
  • tussnuts2016tussnuts2016 Member Posts: 23
    At least their heading in the right direction and fixing some of the things that needs to be address but every update caused more bugs I wonder if they even have a QC team to test this before it goes live..
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    Wow, 8 houres of maintenance...
    masmith93
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm sure they haven't added any updates because they themselves have not been updated lol
    Can't give you info they don't have yet! :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,703
    @AysatyoPet @shabba they reduced a lot... 270 if i'm not wrong the upgrade of the outpost and pit at level 5. I know because i losded the game before the final breakdown and i was waiting to upgrade those building to level 5,and they reduced the cost
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • StarSonStarSon Member Posts: 21
    SlickRick said:

Oh my god I can't believe this free VIDEO GAME has not been working a few hours!! What will I do?!! My life is suddenly unfulfilling!!

I demand explanation and compensation and retribution for these critical hours lost not playing a FREE VIDEO GAME!! AARRGGHH!!

Just because it is offered for free does not mean people have not paid money for it. It is the equivalent of your internet being down at home. You pay for a service, and you expect to at least be kept in the loop on downtimes. I think we all understand that things happen, and we would rather it was brought back fixed than brought back broken. From what I can tell, most just want to know what's happening.
    Survivor420DanielFR
    My DVR is at 96% full.. I guess I could catch up on some shows during this maintenance break :grimace:

Rhonda
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Here's an artist impression of what's happening st the NG offices currently.

blenderheadHawkSurvivor420Ovidmikel

Rhonda
    Invader
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @StarSon

Yeah I love this game as much as anyone and I've paid easily over $1000 playing this...but I'm also 37 and have some perspective on life.

I also own a computer company so I understand code/programming and know how things like this can go especially with games...updates are a Catch-22...but to flip out/panic/whine is not going to fix the problem...anyone who doesn't think they're doing everything they can to fix this ASAP is either 12 years old or never been involved in a for-profit business.

P.S. My original post wasn't directed at you anyways and I do get your point
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    rgerkmanAlcoDanielFR
  • GlookerjdcGlookerjdc Member Posts: 130
    This has gone way beyond laughable....

A large upgrade is useless if it doesn't work.... Did they test it on a mirror server before loading?

Did the hamster die?
    Things like this happen!! It's all good!!
    I'd much rather have to wait it out then be bombarded with bugs & issues & countless more problems!! Especially Rollbacks!!!

Keep on keeping on NG !!!

Rhonda