The "I got censored!" thread - report false censorship here

Comments

• Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    Lol nah still looking for the recorder just using the phone cuz too lazy to hook up to my pic n not worth my time to do it that way... N having some more time to play wile woman does work stuff I don't mind... But I'm guessing that's some sarcasm in there as well... But I bet u use that idea... Wonder if you would have figured that 1 out on ur own... :) lol I know most ppl would but idk if u would.... Lol
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Lol @Hittenyouoff2 I've wanted a screen display recorder for like forever on my iPhone and iPad, but as in sure you know Apple are a bunch of grocer and won't "allow".
    Not rigging up to a computer so we discussed me filming my iPad with my phone yesterday as it happens!

Not quite sarcasm, but defo tongue in cheek! But cool what you've shown for those that don't realise that walkers attack all humans not just the good guys.
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
    Hittenyouoff2
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    Thanks yea just figured I'd help a lot of the new ppl out... N I'm the same not dealing with hooking it up doing it then adding voice... To much work and not worth it just to help new ppl.. Lol so I agree with u 100% phone works just fine while holding the iPad on lap.. Lol
  • StinkyStinky Member Posts: 24
    The word "classes" was censored in game guild chat.
  • MissSFXMissSFX Member Posts: 177
    Seriously this is getting ridiculous! All the bugs and this is the no1 priority. I like that we can change the names, and don't want this feature taken away.

I understand some names are stupid/rude but that's life. If you don't like it don't play the game. That said you see and hear worse things on the news. The game also consists of graphic violence. If people want to have toilet humour immature names that's on them let them. We can not please everyone. There will always be a word/phrase/name that offends someone. This is a global game with people playing in different countries and nationalities. So no way it can satisfy everyone.

We need bugs and compensation sorting not censorship. A reporting system if it's a must for EXTREME offensive fair enough. This to me is a waste of time and resources when there are more pressing in game issues that need resolving! Hint hint my tickets from 3rd March that still are outstanding
    misfit44[Deleted User]ravenyze
  • SophieBSophieB Member Posts: 33
    I see it's already been reported, but participate also being censored in my guild chat to parti***te.
  • King_SmegmaKing_Smegma Member Posts: 19
    I'm "king ***". :(
    masmith93
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    @King_Smegma did you just create that account just to test out the censorship?
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2016
    Scraped as in 'I just scraped another 2 stars' is censored to s***d

I can't believe the word CRAP would even be censored in the first place.

This is totally ridiculous especially in guild chat where only the guild members can view & can either leave or be kicked if deemed necessary.

Complete & utter waste of valuable time & energy & resources which quite frankly can & should be put to better use.

Shame on you NG
    Shame on you.
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    masmith93Degreaser
  • DegreaserDegreaser Member Posts: 72
    This thread is such gold.

Dear NG, please add in some totally random filters just for fun.
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    edited April 2016
    Im suprised ng hasnt removed this moronic filter yet. Seems like this all stems from one little whiny babys thread , some sensitive bad parent who lets his kids play this game needs his safe space and now we cant speak like adults. @eetu @TK-421 @OldGoth @Alibaba @Teeceezy take this useless feature away please.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShawnSmithShawnSmith Member Posts: 66
    April Fools Day is long gone... Time to get rid of this joke of a censor now
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    We have a 'rude word' censor on a football message board I'm a member of. We get round it by changing word order and it's hardly noticeable.
    So f*ck is written as fcuk etc.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    Accumulate. I could say "slang for semen" though.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    the german translation for training grounds is Trainingslager, now shown as Training***er in the chat
  • piffolomaniapiffolomania Member Posts: 145
    Edited me when I wrote cumulative in game chat ****lative.
  • TheGayShaTheGaySha Member Posts: 53
    Gay dudes (our guild) got cencored.mits now *** dudes... Jesus
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @thegaysha I guess you're not allowed to be happy? ;)
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Accumulate is still censored. And what they said^^^
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    rgerkmanSlickRick
  • SalaSala Member Posts: 23
    Yep, accumulated just got censored in guild chat.
    Does anyone here read the thread? Next Games deserves no shaming here. They clearly didn't come up with this list themselves, starting from scratch would be prohibitively time-consuming and incomplete, so obviously they bought or found a list of objectionable terms. If it wasn't clear enough before, I think the revelation that "cipa" was a dirty word in Polish made that clear.

Meanwhile NG starts the thread by saying "This blacklist is very much a work in progress and we will need your help to identify "false positives" that are being censored unnecessarily".

They ask for your help, say there will be mistakes and we will fix them, please help. All you read in this thread is "YOU STUPID BASTARDS". Since I know I won't change anyone's mind, I'll just say to NG staff... I admire your patience. Seriously.
    misfit44rgerkman[Deleted User]Vintage_Bull
    Next Games deserves no shaming here. They clearly didn't come up with this list themselves (see the "cipa" discussion for proof) as starting from scratch would be prohibitively time-consuming and incomplete, so obviously they bought or found a multi-lingual list of objectionable terms. Then they asked for help identifying the inevitable false positives.

From the first post in the thread:

This blacklist is very much a work in progress and we will need your help to identify "false positives" that are being censored unnecessarily.
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    edited April 2016
    @stuffnthangs +1 and a lot of ppl (including myself) arent necessarily complaining about the non-swear words that get censored , we are mad that there is speech censorship on any lvl in a +17 game. There are about 4 ppl who have little baby virgin ears who agree with the censorship , the rest of us ADULTS think its ridiculous.
    Cherokee_Rose[Deleted User]FizzyPinotmasmith93
    Whoa. Double post at different stages of editing and hours apart. I guess I didn't think the first one posted or something Anyhow... I do want to clarify one more point for @stuffnthangs

I meant it would be prohibitively expensive (in time) to create a black-list from scratch. Not to fix one. That's the purpose of this thread, to find obvious errors.

I made the point specifically because I disagreed that NG deserved to be shamed for 'gay' being on the list. Though if it's not gone very soon (or already), I would change my mind entirely. 'Cum' I'm more on the fence about, but in the end I don't really care that much as far as chat goes. As I've said before, I don't think chat should be filtered at all. You can always leave a guild if you have precious baby virgin ears. :)
    Also, I think intended to tone down the stupid bastards bit (it was dropped from the second post as you can see) but obviously posted it. Must have been drunk. My bad.

However to be fair there has been more than a few over the top reactions here. It was this thread or the other one where game character filters were compared to the rise of Nazi Germany. I almost spit out mein Bier.
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose NML Moderator Posts: 795
    I think what a lot of people are trying to say here is that we don't need a language filter for a 17+ game. Instead of trying to tweak 'a work in progress' there are other aspects of the game that could be focused on. And if guild chat should not be censored at all then what exactly are we censoring besides outpost character names?
    masmith93
  • Logan8827Logan8827 Member Posts: 4
    *Participation* gets censored in the game
  • Logan8827Logan8827 Member Posts: 4
    I should've said this in my first post, but they could always do like on Clash of Clans and have a faction chat filter option that you can turn on or off. That way it's up to you, whether you want to see bad language or not.
    [Deleted User]
  • dachsurferdachsurfer Member Posts: 845
    Sorry, but I need to say, that a Members name in our guild was **** out. We are a german clan an his name was Fuckistan. Lots of laughs about ***stan but now it would be fine if you can give him his Name back. Nothing abd behind that, and he really has not earned 3 or 4 stars on his shoulders. Do you think you might help?