Not spending more money until I get this simple question answered

Imagine you buy a shirt at a store. You're not allowed to see it until after you have paid for it. When you come home and open the box, it turns out it's 3 sizes too small. What do you do? Take it back and get the right size, right?

So I just bought the scout bundle and was reminded that I had previously promised myself not to buy these things.

My highest survivor is level 16, my workshop is level 12 (can handle equipment level 15). And yet I get this useless piece below.

Last time I bought a bundle I only got something 2 levels below my survivor but 3 levels now? That's just bizarre.

So NG, please tell us what decides the levels of the weapons we buy, so we can know in advance if it makes sense to spend money?

I have come to accept that the gear in the tickets and from trade goods don't always match my level. But the stuff you pay money for? Really?

I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
Survivor420Passive_MavFizzyPinotSlickRick

Comments

• TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    I would agree that that weapon sucks in the situation you described. It would be nice to have a 'selection' available to make the bundle more attractive.
    TheLostOnesPassive_Mav
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    I have level 17 survivors and got a level 12 weapon.
    DangerBggbatsZeena
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Sorry @jester that's much worse
    I'm lost.

If only I knew I would get a weapon matching my level (1 level below my survivor would be quite okay) I would happily buy the next bundle. And probably the next.
    I'm lost.

• SierraSierra Member Posts: 71
    Completely agree, I have level 17 survivors (nothing under 16) and I just got the same thing...

I won't be purchasing the next bundle, unfortunately.
    ggbatsScared_Dead
  • Hehe. You still pay for this crap? The new features are unusable due to misconepts (outpost), and tons of bugs. I dont support anybody for implementing bugs...
    NotYourLunch
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372

Imagine you buy a shirt at a store. You're not allowed to see it until after you have paid for it. When you come home and open the box, it turns out it's 3 sizes too small. What do you do? Take it back and get the right size, right?

So I just bought the scout bundle and was reminded that I had previously promised myself not to buy these things.

My highest survivor is level 16, my workshop is level 12 (can handle equipment level 15). And yet I get this useless piece below.

Last time I bought a bundle I only got something 2 levels below my survivor but 3 levels now? That's just bizarre.

So NG, please tell us what decides the levels of the weapons we buy, so we can know in advance if it makes sense to spend money?

I have come to accept that the gear in the tickets and from trade goods don't always match my level. But the stuff you pay money for? Really?

I think the idea is if its upgraded its then at Level 16. They want you to spend XP on it. I got that Baton too with a Level 13 workshop. My traits are different though. I got lucky for a change, my Legendary Chopper had NO arc extension trait. Here I got a gold free attack chance.

• theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    He paid for it with real money. He should get a great weapon that suits him!
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    rgerkmanScared_DeadTheLostOnesNotYourLunch
    @smitty So I upgrade my level 12 weapon and my level 17s are supposed to use it?
    DangerB
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    I think that bundle would be based off your highest level scout maybe? I'd look into that & see if it makes sense
    SpankyTheLostOnes
    jester said:

@smitty So I upgrade my level 12 weapon and my level 17s are supposed to use it?

In that case adding 3 plus 12 would be still two less than 17 so thats not the same case. Why I look at it that way is this: I have an Epic Hunter who is 14 of 14 maxed out. Should I scrap her and hope and pray for a new survivor pull who I can upgrade the shiznit out of all over again? No! Because LEGENDARY or EPIC Rifle as long as it STARTS at LvL 14 I can put it on her and go to LvL 17 with her. SEE:

COMPARE THAT NUMBER ON OFFENSE TO THIS RIFLE STARTING AT LEVEL 16 THAT I CANT EVEN USE WITH A LEVEL 14 SURVIVOR.

You understand I said I have level 17 survivors?

I've been playing long enough to know these things.
    jester said:

You understand I said I have level 17 survivors?

I've been playing long enough to know these things.

Thats why I said this In that case adding 3 plus 12 would be still two less than 17 so thats not the same case.

jester
    Big respect for you jester I think we missed the numbers in the discussion between the three of us. :)

jester
  • SpankySpanky Member Posts: 41

I think that bundle would be based off your highest level scout maybe? I'd look into that & see if it makes sense

This is how I've seen gear be distributed. It's not based on your over all highest survivor, but on the highest level survivor in the one class the equipment is designed to go to. If one wants the highest level legendary equip each time, have at least one survivor maxed in each class to maximize your chance at the best gear.
    TheLostOnes
    @PimpOfTheDead @Spanky Thanks guys, that would actually make sense in my case! I'm in the middle of "changing" scouts having retired my old and upgrading a new epic 9/17 I pulled in radio weekend event -- he's currently level 13 matching the weapon I received!

If we could please get official confirmation -- @TK-421 @eetu @Teeceezy -- that this is the case, we could mark this thread answered and close it (and I will make sure to time my future purchases to when I'm done upgrading a survivor).
    I'm lost.

• trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86
    i have to say, my knife was lv 17 fresh, with silver critical increase, gold free strike & luck... cant complain, its just that the scout is mostly useless these days.

HOWEVER, my complaint about that bundle is this.... when i switched on yesterday morning, the bundle showed FULL SUPPLIES. so i went to use my gas in challenge, then decided on where to use my stored supplies before i refilled thru the bundle. Then, the game goes into maintenance and the FULL SUPPLIES have been removed from the bundle!!!
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @trixta The supplies have been exchanged against radios a few weeks ago already and it obviously was a bug that it showed full supplies yesterday morning.
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    @lightfeet I got full supplies when I bought a few weeks ago. What bothers me more than its removal is that I now have to rebut it, then buy the bruiser.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @IRONDee I bough my small bundle in January with full supplies as well. Only NG can tell you why they exchanged the full supplies by "a few" radios, but they didn't do it only yesterday. The amendment was made earlier.
    @trixta could you please let me know what you highest level scout was when you bought the bundle? also level 17?
    I'm lost.

• trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86
    @IRONDee & @Lightfeet they were clearly removed because NG will lose out on too much money or whatever. if i had brought both the first 2 bundles with full supplies, that would be 11million supplies for £2.99 & £5.99 ( which i would have, but now wont be ). Thats why i assume they removed it.... they want us to buy the needed supplies at their higher rate ( when you pay gold to make up missing supplies ) or farm them ( hardly possible with the 2 challenges per week )

@TheLostOnes Yes, all my classes have at least one level 17. except the bruiser, since its pointless using one IMHO
    rgerkmanTheLostOnes
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 180
    So I have already bought a couple bundles, the Whirlwind bundle was next, so now I have to purchase all of them again to get back to the Warrior bundle? That totally sucks...!!! Especially if I am going to crap weapon like above.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    My Scout is Level 15 & I got a level 12 weapon
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    rgerkman said:

My Scout is Level 15 & I got a level 12 weapon

What I've been observing, mind you I haven't been collecting data, is that when I get a legendary piece of equipment it usually matches one of my survivors level in that particular class. I.e...if I have a level 17 scout and also a level 12 and a level 9 scout I will usually get a piece of legendary equip that is level 17, 12, or 9. I can't say it's been this way 100% of the time but recently it's what I've been noticing. That's why it seems to maximize your chance at high end gear have at least one maxed survivor in each class if possible.
    rgerkman
    @Spanky .. I have only one Scout lol
    Not a big deal to me cause I only bought it for the other stuff & to get to the Hunter package again.. I had to buy this package & Bruiser package. I currently have a lvl 9 Bruiser to upgrade to lvl 17 so I am waiting to make the next purchase until I get him up to 16 atleast!! haha Fingers Crossed!

Rhonda
    Are Scouts considered Melee weapons? can't remember.. Sorry. Maybe that's why? It averages all Melee Survivors? Idk.. just throwing it out there

Rhonda
    Thanks @rgerkman , too bad though, there goes that theory. Widening the net to also tag @OldGoth who seems to be active today: NG, please let us know what the system is so we know if it makes sense to buy these bundles.

I understand there must be an air of secrecy surrounding the stats behind many aspects of the game but when you buy a product, you are entitled to know what you're spending money on.
    I'm lost.

rgerkmanlmfgunnut
    @rgerkman
    Im not sure how the ratio works when a player only has 1 or none of a particular class. I try to keep 3 of each class just so I can finish the quests the call for them. Also, scouts are considered melee...I don't know how exactly how NG determines what level gear a player gets, but does seem your highest level survivor in a particular class factors in at some point...if you have one
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    Full supplies is back.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits