Episode 12 Mission 4 Hard

sborgsborg Member Posts: 549
Any tips? I'm getting swarmed before I can detonate the charge. I'm using 2 17 lvl hunters and a lvl 17 shooter. I've noticed that my guns aren't as lethal as they are in the farming missions.

Comments

• Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 518
    edited March 2016
    I used a Warrior, Assault, and a Hunter, but it's pretty hard.

Sorry, just checked! That's what I tried, but still didn't get through. I need better weapons I think. I was able to blow up the pile, but had trouble with the lvl 20 walkers coming from behind.
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 549
    My rifles are rated 459 and 398. The pistol is rated 710. They're excellent in other missions but they're like popguns in this episode.
    Lvl 17 Epic Hunter with 543, Lvl 17 Rare Warrior with 543, and my Assault is lvl 16...I got rid of his weapon. My other Assault has a 240 but is crap for a weapon. I recently upgraded my warrior and weapon, so I may give it another whirl soon.
    @sborg These are the guys, but the assault weapon needs an upgrade first.
    Ovidmikel
    He he! Those guys failed badly! Didn't even get to blow up the pile! I'm thinking a bruiser to set the charge?
    edited March 2016
    @sborg I got through using 2 Hunters and a Bruiser.

Quickness is key! Move your hunters toward tree and shoot as many walkers as you can. If you have a clear path to the drum, move in your bruiser (high health). Line up your hunters to shoot more than 1 walker when they spawn. With one turn left on drum, move 1 Hunter towards switch, but keep in overwatch. A level 20 walker may spawn near switch. Hit him with the bruiser. I had cleared a path on the top section where I had moved my other Hunter, and shot the stunned walker. Then I moved everyone else towards finish.

My team!
    OvidmikelWalker1966
    @Camel56 - Interesting. Thanks for the detail.

Just tried that. I got closer. LOL!
    @sborg tried the next one, and I'm not sure what to do! Once you get through the gate and close it, the spawn on the right side of the gate is overwhelming.
    @Camel56 -I wonder what Nightmare level is like. :)
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I'm with @Camel56. The secret is get the heck to the exit ASAP and accept you are going to probably finish with three injured survivors.
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    I'm currently stuck here too. I like that they make you use a bruiser. My lone Bruiser is upgrading right now. I hardly ever use 1 but someone pointed that out earlier and it made sense for this map.
    Lvl 12 Srvivr
    I tried an Assault, but the weapon I have, just wasn't strong enough. I believe, you need the very best weapons you can get. Pop guns won't work. You need to put them down with one shot. If not, they'll swarm on you. I held off on this episode till I got some upgraded guys to go in there. As it was, I still came out of it damaged.
    @sborg Hopefully by then we have 18 or 19 lvl guys to handle Nightmare levels this high! I've already finished some Episodes in Nightmare, but definitely not this one!
    Regular is hard enough
    Ovidmikel
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    Two hunters and assault was the combo I used for the entire episode.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Ovidmikel
    Regular - Hard - Nightmare?
    Lmao... Spitfire
    Hard. I still have 11-12-13 to do in nightmare. Still have 13 to do in hard. I only did 12 on hard because I saw this post.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

@lmfgunnut you have one heck of a legendary team! nice!
    Thanks, they are pretty awesome. Lucky radio tower operator.

Ovidmikel
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Anybody finisch this in nightmare?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • Walker1966Walker1966 Member Posts: 22
    @Camel56 thanks for the tips! I am going to try again after my hunters are healed in 2 hours!
  • EZEKIELEZEKIEL Member Posts: 399
    you need to have an assault and know when to use the charge thats a very important key to be able to stun them. i used 2 hunters and a assault shooting from a distance to get my charge and stunning them with my assault but its wise to have an assault with a wide arch that could be the difference..
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Guild:The Kingdom..
    Guild: The Kingdom
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2017
    Getting closer every time. Find assault and two shooters working best. Long range weapon and that new reckonin worked out great, but before the infamous nerf today. Still trying to pass.