Wishlist on game improvements

PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
Taking current version 1.8, here is my wishlist on things that could and should be changed.

The topics are numbered to keep it a little organized, but the numbers do not necessarily reflect priorities, more a 'brain dump' from my side.

1) Leaderboards
- keep the leaderboards together, ie ONE button, include the 'weekly challenge' and its leaderboard
- two types of leaderboard: guild and single player
- both Guild and single-player leaderboards can switched to of three views:
- -- All-time
- -- Rolling two week (meaning this challenge + last challenge)
- -- current challenge
To save some space on the menu I would drop the two icons for Survivors+Weapons, since they can be directly accessed from the camp.

2) Restart / Reconnection
NML is my only game that requires extensive 'reload/reconnection' whenever I switch back to the app.
I would really love it, when this wouldn't take any time after initial startup, ie keep all necessary stuff in-memory.
Yes, memory should be freed after many other apps have been used, but since gas is in short supply, one has to 'check back' with the many times during the day. And each app switch takes at least 10 seconds, adds up quickly over the day.
Version 1.8 seems to have returned to be fidgety in terms of connection. I am getting a LOT of disconnects.
Very annoying.

3) Zoom into camp
Maybe this is only an iPad problem, but after 1000+ times entering the game and having to adjust the zoom of the camp, it does get quite tiresome. I don't see the issue on the iPhone, so it might just be the extra 'real estate' on a tablet.
Suggestion: Default - zoom all the way out and move to the right so that all incoming walkers can be immediately seen and hit.
Version 1.8 seems to have totally eliminated the camp zoom, WHY??

4) Gas and 'wait-to-play'
This topic is already being discussed at length in another thread. Just my 2c on the issue: Sometimes, would really like to play for a continued time period, not just 5-10 minutes until the gas runs out again. I would even consider paying for gas, but not the extremely high rates at current, not by a long shot.
I really like the suggestion someone made in the other thread where the players could pay for an increased 'gas tank', say €2.99 for an additional 15 or 20 gas, permanently. This would allow people that have to work, go to school, are traveling to save up some gas, without the constant need to check the game status every 1-2 hours.
Bottom line, I'm still a big fan of a bigger fuel tank, with maybe 42 max.

5) 'Fiddling' with the game's parameters
I can only imagine how tempting it must be not to 'finetune' the game's parameters on a daily basis. And by parameters I mean 'drop rate of phones', 'dopr rate of survivors', etc pp.
I guess most of us noticed that with the increased drop rates of legendary/epic survivors during the last weekend (which you announced, thx!), you also limited the drop rate of phone, un-announced, not nice. This is also not a major deal, or even dealbreaker, but players get used to a game's parameters and it is really confusing when they get changed without a note. It makes the game and any 'random' outcome totally arbitrary.
So, long story short, pls announce any changes you will do.
And, ... It's still been done. Version 1.8 quietly removed overwatch after opening a crate, removed camp zoom, increased walker lvls, ...
Is this a cultural thing? Fins like doing things quietly? Pls don't be surprised if a lot of the global players have a MUCH hotter temper and voice their displeasure.

6) Balance free-to-play vs 'hardcore players'
I take that the limitation to only one more lvl for the council in version 1.4 is meant to be as a 'limiter' to keep the playing field somewhat together. Without this (and without the extended wait period to build beyond lvl 35) the gap between free-to-play and 'hardcore players' would become huge, rather quickly.
Unfortunately, as a result I for one stopped buying gold or bundles (which I did before). Simple reason: there is no need to build faster as I can build out everything easily before the next update comes in. I don't think that's in your best interest. Why would someone buy gold at the moment? To rush an update? To upgrade a farm faster? I don't see it. So, this may sound silly, but give us a (good) reason to buy a bundle every now and then, and we will.
Version 1.8, still the case.

7) Swapping weapons and armor between survivors
I can't believe anyone has ever complained about this, it drives me mad to constantly do a 'three-way swap' when I want to swap gear between survivors. Simple solution: give me ALL weapons and gear to select from when I equip a survivor, no matter if it is used or not. When I select gear that is currently in use, simply swap the two. Give it a little message informing me that I'm about to swap between two survivors. BAM, easy.
At the moment I keep a stack of lvl 1 armor and gear (for EVERY fighter class!) just to be able to always swap some gear. That is 12 gear I don't really need.

8) 'World map'
Scrolling or generally navigating in the world map should be simplified. We have Challenge and Theater on the left and the episodes you can play all the way on the right, why? We have to scroll over the 'completed' episodes all the time... Me no likey... :tongue:

9) Cost up weapon/survivor upgrade
I would like to see how much an upgrade will cost me, even when there is an upgrade underway.
Yes, I know I cannot perform two upgrades at the same time, so simply show me the cost and grey it out so I know that I can't do it.
It is done already when the cost of the upgrade is too high for my savings, why not display it similar with ongoing upgrades?

10) Continued upgrading
I am getting the feeling NG is planning release a new version every month, call me crazy... :tongue:
Why not make it known to the players? Yes, I know, you can't promise something like this, or people keep bugging you like it happened on the release date for version 1.4... :smiley:

11) Outpost and Raids
Raids are disbalanced with v1.8. A turn limit and the strongly OP defenders doesn't go together.
The attackers are taking heavy damage and have to sit out for 2hrs. And all that for what? A few TG and 10 influence?

12) Upgrade queue
Using the idea someone else posted, and I love it!
After much delibration which survivor or equipment to upgrade, something else comes up.
When we come back we are overwhelmed with the choices. Give us a queue where we can prioritize ALL stuff in terms of upgrade.

13) PLEASE do not auto-focus the next survivor into the middle of the screen!
Especially NOT when I have my finger already on the screen and I'm about to make a fabulous move (well, sometimes... :tongue: ) or send him/her into certain doom because of the screen jump.

Oh, yes, while you're at it: pls wipe the leaderboards... :tongue:

If you've made it all the way to the end of my list, thx much for your interest! Looking forward to some constructive criticism and open exchange.
If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
contact us via email at [email protected]
rgerkmanSpringChickenmasmith93sidLambari

Comments

• zeezzeez Member Posts: 2
    Toggle the blood and gore. How about adult language??? It's not working properly. If I say something like assistance it gets blocked.

Have it on by default but give us the option if we want to read and write without being censored.....
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Oh, I forgot the most important:

DISABLE AUTO-FARMING!

Enough of that shit.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Loving some of these ideas!!!

Can we add...

•Create new Exploration Missions!!!! Pleeeeaaassssseeeee!!!
    I love doing Exploration but get Very, Very, VERY Bored after so many!!! I would probably even spend Gold on more gas if it wasn't the same darn scene over & over & over!
    I just played Supply Exploration 4x & 2 of them were the same place.. I know if I go do another right now.. Chances are I have already played it today! We desperately need new Scenery!!

Thank you! :kissing_heart:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    SpringChicken
  • DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 109
    7 ) Equipment swap between survivors +1 on that idea, just name tag like when viewing from the workshop.

12 ) Upgrade Queue. I'm a big fan of that idea ;)

13 ) At least toggle option for auto-focus.

I like a lot of the other suggestions but these are the only three I would consider priorities in NML's upgrade queue.

SpringChicken
    I wish we could create a prioritized wishlist of the entire community.
    Everyone could vote, NG would assoziate an effort to each and every one, and we might actually get somewhere.
    rgerkman
    Is it me? Or did the Auto-Centering Camera get worse!?!?!?!
    It's overly annoying & has gotten me in alot, alot of trouble recently!!! I almost loss a lvl 16 Hunter (one of my best) in a Deadly due to stupid camera :disappointed:

Rhonda
    I noticed something similar when the view was re-centered while I was already moving a character. Lucky for me I didnt let go and nothing happened.
    This has to be changed!
    rgerkman
    My lvl 16 wound up in the middle of 4 lvl 17 walkers! I don't know how she wasn't killed!! Pure luck! I made it out with only a sliver of health left!! Scary ish ever! lol I shut game off after.. My heart pounding, hands shaking.. Insanity :joy:

Rhonda
  • sidsid Member Posts: 1
    5 mins gas plays a lot better, please bring back
  • LambariLambari Member Posts: 105
    Putchuco said:

Taking current version 1.8, here is my wishlist on things that could and should be changed.

The topics are numbered to keep it a little organized, but the numbers do not necessarily reflect priorities, more a 'brain dump' from my side.

1) Leaderboards
    - keep the leaderboards together, ie ONE button, include the 'weekly challenge' and its leaderboard
    - two types of leaderboard: guild and single player
    - both Guild and single-player leaderboards can switched to of three views:
    - -- All-time
    - -- Rolling two week (meaning this challenge + last challenge)
    - -- current challenge
    To save some space on the menu I would drop the two icons for Survivors+Weapons, since they can be directly accessed from the camp.

2) Restart / Reconnection
    NML is my only game that requires extensive 'reload/reconnection' whenever I switch back to the app.
    I would really love it, when this wouldn't take any time after initial startup, ie keep all necessary stuff in-memory.
    Yes, memory should be freed after many other apps have been used, but since gas is in short supply, one has to 'check back' with the many times during the day. And each app switch takes at least 10 seconds, adds up quickly over the day.
    Version 1.8 seems to have returned to be fidgety in terms of connection. I am getting a LOT of disconnects.
    Very annoying.

3) Zoom into camp
    Maybe this is only an iPad problem, but after 1000+ times entering the game and having to adjust the zoom of the camp, it does get quite tiresome. I don't see the issue on the iPhone, so it might just be the extra 'real estate' on a tablet.
    Suggestion: Default - zoom all the way out and move to the right so that all incoming walkers can be immediately seen and hit.
    Version 1.8 seems to have totally eliminated the camp zoom, WHY??

4) Gas and 'wait-to-play'
    This topic is already being discussed at length in another thread. Just my 2c on the issue: Sometimes, would really like to play for a continued time period, not just 5-10 minutes until the gas runs out again. I would even consider paying for gas, but not the extremely high rates at current, not by a long shot.
    I really like the suggestion someone made in the other thread where the players could pay for an increased 'gas tank', say €2.99 for an additional 15 or 20 gas, permanently. This would allow people that have to work, go to school, are traveling to save up some gas, without the constant need to check the game status every 1-2 hours.
    Bottom line, I'm still a big fan of a bigger fuel tank, with maybe 42 max.

5) 'Fiddling' with the game's parameters
    I can only imagine how tempting it must be not to 'finetune' the game's parameters on a daily basis. And by parameters I mean 'drop rate of phones', 'dopr rate of survivors', etc pp.
    I guess most of us noticed that with the increased drop rates of legendary/epic survivors during the last weekend (which you announced, thx!), you also limited the drop rate of phone, un-announced, not nice. This is also not a major deal, or even dealbreaker, but players get used to a game's parameters and it is really confusing when they get changed without a note. It makes the game and any 'random' outcome totally arbitrary.
    So, long story short, pls announce any changes you will do.
    And, ... It's still been done. Version 1.8 quietly removed overwatch after opening a crate, removed camp zoom, increased walker lvls, ...
    Is this a cultural thing? Fins like doing things quietly? Pls don't be surprised if a lot of the global players have a MUCH hotter temper and voice their displeasure.

6) Balance free-to-play vs 'hardcore players'
    I take that the limitation to only one more lvl for the council in version 1.4 is meant to be as a 'limiter' to keep the playing field somewhat together. Without this (and without the extended wait period to build beyond lvl 35) the gap between free-to-play and 'hardcore players' would become huge, rather quickly.
    Unfortunately, as a result I for one stopped buying gold or bundles (which I did before). Simple reason: there is no need to build faster as I can build out everything easily before the next update comes in. I don't think that's in your best interest. Why would someone buy gold at the moment? To rush an update? To upgrade a farm faster? I don't see it. So, this may sound silly, but give us a (good) reason to buy a bundle every now and then, and we will.
    Version 1.8, still the case.

7) Swapping weapons and armor between survivors
    I can't believe anyone has ever complained about this, it drives me mad to constantly do a 'three-way swap' when I want to swap gear between survivors. Simple solution: give me ALL weapons and gear to select from when I equip a survivor, no matter if it is used or not. When I select gear that is currently in use, simply swap the two. Give it a little message informing me that I'm about to swap between two survivors. BAM, easy.
    At the moment I keep a stack of lvl 1 armor and gear (for EVERY fighter class!) just to be able to always swap some gear. That is 12 gear I don't really need.

8) 'World map'
    Scrolling or generally navigating in the world map should be simplified. We have Challenge and Theater on the left and the episodes you can play all the way on the right, why? We have to scroll over the 'completed' episodes all the time... Me no likey... :tongue:

9) Cost up weapon/survivor upgrade
    I would like to see how much an upgrade will cost me, even when there is an upgrade underway.
    Yes, I know I cannot perform two upgrades at the same time, so simply show me the cost and grey it out so I know that I can't do it.
    It is done already when the cost of the upgrade is too high for my savings, why not display it similar with ongoing upgrades?

10) Continued upgrading
    I am getting the feeling NG is planning release a new version every month, call me crazy... :tongue:
    Why not make it known to the players? Yes, I know, you can't promise something like this, or people keep bugging you like it happened on the release date for version 1.4... :smiley:

11) Outpost and Raids
    Raids are disbalanced with v1.8. A turn limit and the strongly OP defenders doesn't go together.
    The attackers are taking heavy damage and have to sit out for 2hrs. And all that for what? A few TG and 10 influence?

12) Upgrade queue
    Using the idea someone else posted, and I love it!
    After much delibration which survivor or equipment to upgrade, something else comes up.
    When we come back we are overwhelmed with the choices. Give us a queue where we can prioritize ALL stuff in terms of upgrade.

13) PLEASE do not auto-focus the next survivor into the middle of the screen!
    Especially NOT when I have my finger already on the screen and I'm about to make a fabulous move (well, sometimes... :tongue: ) or send him/her into certain doom because of the screen jump.

Oh, yes, while you're at it: pls wipe the leaderboards... :tongue:

If you've made it all the way to the end of my list, thx much for your interest! Looking forward to some constructive criticism and open exchange.

Totally agre...