A weekend event only for people who spend money?

124»

Comments

• RhomruRhomru Member Posts: 65
    Facebook posting, 15:45 Uhr MESZ:

rgerkmanraton
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,727
    I'm not one to usually complain on here...in fact usually to the contrary I get tired of people whining over every little random thing because I understand better than most what goes into this game.

That said I think this event is unfair...I've already bought 4 of the big radio bundles but for 95% of the people who play this game they can't afford to spend money on it...and like @zoson said having an event to "just buy stuff" is ridiculous...should be an everyday thing...and there should DEFINITELY be an event that benefits all users!!

My 2 cents :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    MissSFX
  • Scared_DeadScared_Dead Member Posts: 91
    This isn't an event people lol.. So why keep calling it that? To me it looks like a sale. An event is something you play and get rewarded. A sale is a bargain you can not pass on. With that being said, it smells like a sale to me.
    MissSFXGlookerjdc
    @Hittenyouoff2
    I just started playing weeks ago, just reached lvl 27 so the full supplies still helps me. I am sure it also helps a lot of others. I just wish full xp comes with the deal also.
  • S100200S100200 Member Posts: 87

@Teeceezy
    Could for another event this weekend if they want to sell could put together the antenna event.
  • SlashsSlashs Member Posts: 10
    WTF is this? This is not an event!!!
    raton[Deleted User]
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    As a person that has bought bundles in the past, this is a pretty crappy 'event'.

I'll not be buying any.
    FragzieSurvivor420
  • MissSFXMissSFX Member Posts: 177
    I have experienced so many bugs for over a month. I still haven't had a honest response or an outcome/compensation.

I don't think the event would be that bad, but considering so many of us have experienced so many bugs and still not to have it rectified. But then they continue to add more new stuff without fixing the stuff they already have. I think this is a total kick in the gut. Like I said if everything had been resolved, everyone compensated. They then after a few weeks introduced this. I don't think I'd complain.

If you are wanting to lose dedicated players NG then you are 100% going about it in the right way.

Even the floods of walkers at the wall to get gold and radio's from would be better. I was very disappointed with the radio event, but this one is a JOKE!!
    Fragzie
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Just incase you missed it....

Here is what TWD NML posted just recently on FB :grimace:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    While I can't buy radios this week, this would be an excellent event if they followed up with increased odds of pulling a legendary survivor for the rest of the weekend.
    I'm sure they'll do something else...they're smart enough to know this is not a true "event"

And I'm sure they also know that no matter what they do they'll still get that group of spoiled whiners/brats that will complain because they're never happy about anything
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    FragzieScared_Dead
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    @Glookerjdc an 'event' is an event, something not ordinary. Radio bundles are ordinary, and nothing special.

It's a bold money grab by NG, after a disastrous series of buggy rollouts. It's like buying a lemon car, and having the dealer have the nuts to give you a call, offering 'insurance' for future problems but not helping with any of the current issues.

Total slap in the face of longtime players.
    Glookerjdc
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    @eetu could you give us more information?
    Regardless of what anyone says it is an "event"...is it a bad one for the player who can't afford radio bundles? Yes...but still an "event" nonetheless...hopefully future "events" will not be geared towards people like me who buy everything and more towards EVERYONE.
    Fragzie
  • GlookerjdcGlookerjdc Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2016
    @TroubleMan

I agree.. This should not be called an event, but, NG posted it as one....

It's amazing that NG can do what they need to do in order to stick their hands in your pockets, but apparently extremely difficult to rectify and remedy the problems they caused......

Reduced gas times for the weekend is an event.... Reduced healing times for the weekend is an event... paying them more to gamble on getting a legendary, not an event...

To me that's like paying them more for a chance to get compensated for the stuff we lost last week.... Yes boys and girls, here it is, your 50/50 weekend event.... We aren't really giving you anything, but if we call it an event then......
  • GreenBalloonGreenBalloon Member Posts: 316
    With the addition of the Outposts, our screens were already crowded. Now we have the "event" box, animated no less, to junk it up even more. No, not buying a stupid bundle. I do spend money on games, but not ones that throttle players and try to hijack their wallets. Since the game rolled out, we've asked for more reasonable XP, upgrade costs and reduced gas times. None of that is addressed, we're just spoon fed BS week to week as they nerf the players more and more. And they accuse players of cheating? That's rich. It's also pretty odd that 6 minutes is too long for our games to be idle, but 10 minutes for a can of gas is okay. How Norman Reedus still has his name/image on such a scam is beyond me.
    FragzieInvaderwalkingdud
  • NichonneNichonne Member Posts: 30
    The Easter event last week was great, and I loved NG for it. Thought yay stuff is gonna normalize. Well, jokes on me...... I'm getting really bored with the game now. Repetitive, outposts are pretty useless except for bragging rights. If your guild is decently active in the weekly challenge you'll have plenty of crates. My walker pit is almost maxed and I can start spending on gold tickets, so unless you wanna have no life to get on the leader boards there's no point to the outposts.

And the weekend events are like bait and switch. Bunch a great ones, and now mixing in money makers for NG. Think of another way to make money, don't castrate one of your fun makers for a money maker. Cause the people who don't spend money won't get any fun out of it, and the money spenders were gonna do it anyway. How does that even make sense? The return on radio calls is so horrible you'd have to be independently wealthy to find any value in spending real money on phones.

Who is in charge of these decisions? I feel like your outfit is either run by a bunch of people in their early 20s or a group who has never actually played a multi player app game or video game in their lives.
    Glookerjdckordy67
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,494
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • kordy67kordy67 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,
    I just took the effort and created an acvount
    Just to tell you
    Congrats on making me uninstall, I was really getting into it xD
    Regards
    Kordy
    @Glookerjdc
    I can label my poop as food, but does it make it food cause I said it is? If so grab a plate.
    @kordy67
    Don't let the whiners ruin the game for you.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,051
    Right before the event started, I bought the $2.99 bundle (5 phones, Leg knife, and 400 gold). For me, 3 bucks is about my limit, but I would like the opportunity to buy another $2.99 bundle.

I would like to see more value from the larger bundles. They should have dropped the price more, but that's OK if they don't. There are plenty of people lining up to buy.

If I bought 6 $2.99 bundles, I'd spend $18.00 and get 30 phones, 2400 gold, and 6 legendary knives (which I could scrap for the XP). Why not give people that option to repurchase? That's more revenue!

What would make this a "real" weekend event is giving us more phones through the cinema, killing camp walkers, and/or reward crates. I'd like that.

But, they got to make a buck. I can't resent that. If they go under, we are all screwed. :o
  • GlookerjdcGlookerjdc Member Posts: 127
    @Scared_Dead

I guess you would know about eating your own poop
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    @Scared_Dead Wekk, we are calling it the weekend event because it was announced as the weekend event here and in the gane inbox. As an event, this is the worst one ever.

I know NG is losing money due to all the labor hours it took to fix the bugs and refunds they have to issue due to the rollback issue. They need to encourage people to spend again. However, I would hazard a guess and say that most of the players don't trust the game yet to actually spend money again. It will have to be bug free for a few weeks before the revenue starts streaming in again. Running a spending event this soon was bad timing. Running ONLY a spending event (needed to be ran at the same time as the radio tower event) just raised the ire of many.

While there may be a special event set for Monday, that isn't the weekend. That's a bonus. Effectively, they picked a really crappy event for this weekend.
    Survivor420
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Since everyone else got to take advantage of the survivor bundles again & when some of us only got the chance to buy a couple then they disappear, due to false advertising it does make things hard to trust & to be willing to open the wallet up again because of this issue & think that issue should really be looked into & answers given why it happened from the developers before I do
    Survivor420
    @Glookerjdc
    I was simply showing you that just because something is labeled one thing doesn't mean it's that. Hope the **** taste good.
124»