Leveling up survivors vs. xp

I have been stuck in the same mission for a week now. Why?
Because I am lvl23 and have all survivors at Lvl 11

Now I can't get past this mission because I am going to have to level up my survivors.
I get that. It got hard, need leveled survivors and weapons.

In order to do that I have to level up my training grounds, in order to do that I have to level up my council, in order to do that I have to level up my supplies storage, all with a rediculous amount of supplies.

I felt that I have been smart with my supplies and leveling up everything as much as possible as I go. Until now when the price of life got way too high.

So for over a week I have been doing challenges and replaying old missions just buying time to build supplies to level one thing at a time. Takes roughly two to three days to get enough supplies to up grade this then three days to upgrade that then so on and so on.

I think that along with xp money a survivor should level up as they do missions also. For instance if I use the same three survivors to complete an entire episode all three should go up one level.

Not have to wait for supplies to upgrade training grounds just to spend my Xp money to level up. Then wait for more money to level up the next survivor. Then wait for days to get enough supplies to level council just to level up training grounds again.
It's a vicious cycle of waiting and waiting. I'm beginning to lose interest in the game because of this.

I love the game, just want to be able play it a get further after getting home from work at night.
Instead I turn it on and gather built up supplies look and see if there's anything else I can do but nope. Check back tomorrow
Invader

Comments

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Yep. That's how it works.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I could see a progress bar on each survivor. Each kill gives them some XP toward leveling as well as the spendable XP we use for upgrades. Still allow purchased levels for survivors, but would allow you to level up you main team over time.

If you are max level XP that builds up stops 1 shy of hitting next tier until you can upgrade council and training grounds.

Sign me up.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Survivor420
  • NichonneNichonne Member Posts: 30
    They need to revamp exp altogether. It's one thing to level up a character or piece of equipment when they be useable for the life of the game. It's another when they could literally be obsolete by the next weekend either due to a council upgrade, cap increase, or you simply pulled a better character from the radio tent or piece of equipment from a raid. You never get friggin anywhere for more than a few days.
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    It gets a whole lot worse the further you play on...
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    I thought the same thing about so, until I got used to it. There is a small advantage to not having to play each character to level it up, as some maps are won with different characters.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I'm not saying to change the current method, only add in the level as you go method as an also.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    There is a forum for suggestions. Why not post it there too?
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits