constant crashing after update

SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
I always hate the update period because my game becomes very difficult to use after it. Once the game has started to work well again there is a new update which causes my game to malfunction and makes the game unpleasant to play, with frequent crashes. I usually cannot play more than one mission at a time. I start the second mission and it crashes at the beginning of the mission, usually during my 1st moves after the game loads there is lag (a memory leak) on my iPad 2 and the game crashes. The crashes also frequently occur when I am looking at my survivors.

Comments

• KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    I have the same problem with my iPad2. It helps if I power cycle the iPad. It doesn't eliminate the crashing problem, but it makes it bearable.

It is confounding that looking at survivors causes a crash. I can't figure that one out - why would that overwhelm the memory??? I hate re-naming my survivors - it often takes 2-3 attempts.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    Yes, but what is maddening is that after every update, the game becomes almost unplayable. It then usually takes a few weeks for the fine tuning and tinkering and maintenance work to make it playable again. It then comes all undone after the next update.

@Kaitlyn how do you power cycle the Ipad2? I am a relative noob with tablets.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited April 2016
    @SgtSalami @Kaitlyn ...
    I've been having a similar issue.. There are quite a few of us with constant game crashing..
    Check this thread out in Game Issues & you may find some suggestions that can help you some (like clearing cache, hard restart device, etc)

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/4650/game-crashing#latest

Good Luck to you!! I know how crazy frustrating it can be some days to try to play!!
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    @SgtSalami
    Power cycle is the same as a hard restart - an easier way of saying "turn it off, then turn it back on". That, and making sure all my other apps are shut down are the only two things that help. "Help" is a relative term, the game still crashes when I do this, it's just crashes once every 5-10 minutes instead of once every minute.
    edited April 2016
    @Kaitlyn Yeah, I always sure all other apps are closed. Thanks for the clarification. I feel a little silly.

@rgerkman Thanks. I will check that thread out.
    @eetu @TK-421 I am still struggling with crashes after this new update. It is very difficult to do many missions as my game usually crashes at the start of the 2nd mission and can crash when viewing survivors, etc. It looks like a memory leak as the game starts to lag in my 1st couple moves before it craps out.

Restarting my machine does little. Any other advice?

I really hate updates. Right when my game starts to work well for a little while, the update puts it straight back into the toilet.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm having a more difficult time too!
    Every click sends me to my home screen :-/
    Don't even think about opening your Survivors or Weapons.. Autocrash.. Don't think about changing your Survivor lineup.. Autocrash

I hard reboot my tablet each time it starts acting up & it helps for a lil while.. but it's minuscule to really be worth the constant reboot....

Thankful I have a second device to help but like I stated in another post.. I won't have that option much longer
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Yeah... with the graveyard it is even worse. I had to restart it 3 times to finish one mission once...becoming almost unplayable
    rgerkman
  • mrpovemrpove Member Posts: 4
    I Am having the same issues. I have the Samsung tab 3 and some of the earlier missions worked beautifully but since the last update I get really bad lagging and the screen jumps between the loading page and my characters or if I have managed a move or two then they will jump between the original position and my recent move, the same zombie is shot hundreds of times due to the screen bouncing between before and after moves. I was even stuck on one level the other day for 18 hours, no matter how many times I reloaded the game, it always brought me back to where I had left off and eventually I had to keep tapping the end turn button and eventually I lost the level and it returned me to the map. does anyone have any suggestions. I have cleared the cache and memory on my device so many times, I don't know what else to suggest. I have raised it with the support several times and even sent a video of what my screen does but still no response. can anyone help please.

Many thanks. Lee
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    There is someone my guild having the same issue. He uses an iPhone to play NML.
  • mrpovemrpove Member Posts: 4
    it is so frustrating and getting no response from the creators is even more annoying.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 729
    To fix issues with samsung galaxy tab 3 we need to either lend them a unit or buy them one as they dont have one and cant recreate the issues in order to fix.
    I'm about to post asking if any debug software we can install to get them issue data. No response after weeks from in game player support.
    Ign: dIblis
    Regards
    DIblis
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    @eetu @TK-421 @Alibaba It has been almost 2 weeks since the update, and I am still having these problems. My game will crash looking at equipment, quests and survivors, at the start of missions, when new missions are loading, and when I am collecting rewards. It is rare when I can do more than one mission in a row without my game crashing, which was not the case before. I know you have many issues to resolve, but I am reaching the limits of my patience. If the game is no longer meant for Ipad2 or NG will not support it, please let me know, and I will move on. Thanks.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    SgtSalami said:

If the game is no longer meant for Ipad2 or NG will not support it, please let me know, and I will move on. Thanks.

I'm not the one setting policies, but we are trying to keep the game playable on iPad2. It took a bit of a dive lately, but we're trying.
    mrpove said:

it is so frustrating and getting no response from the creators is even more annoying.

I think I've been answering these questions several times, but I'll probably always miss some threads, sorry about that.
    Thanks for replying eetu. Please let us know what you end up doing. I don't intend to buy a new tablet anytime soon. Do you have a version for a standard windows 10 laptop yet?
    @OldGoth @eetu just wondering again what the status is with the ipad2 issues. What used to take me 1/2 hour to do might take an hour and a 1/2. With all the crashes, it is really slow going here. Is there some timetable when to have things shored up by?
    @eetu @OldGoth @Alibaba @TK-421 @Teeceezy so I have patiently waited until the new update to see if my problems from the old update about the crashes on my Ipad2 would be resolved. They have not. I am still experiencing the incredibly frequent crashes. I know that people have a lot to deal with and other stuff on their plates. If it is not too much to ask, could someone tell me if there is some timetable to fixing this issue, or, if the players with Ipad2s will be consigned to the dustbin of history. Thanks and have a great day : )