POSSIB:E SPOILERS: General crossover discussion of Community Event In context of season finale.

theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
This is a thread to discuss the nuances of the game in context with the NML universe. The game is based on the show, so some discussion of minor content from the show is necessary to analyze aspects of the game. If you have not caught up on the show, this is your fair warning that this thread may contain minor spoilers.

This thread IS NOT for analysing and decompressing after the show. That's what Chris Hardwick and The Talking Dead is for. There are tons of fan groups on social meadia for that purpose. This thread is for discussing nuances of the game in context of cross over information. As such, there is a limit to spoilers.

What is allowed: Comments of a general nature where the devs drew game content directly from a scene in the episode. Example: We should have had all human enemies as there weren't many walkers in the show.

What might tread into Too Much Information: Naming characters, specific locations, or details that reveal where the plot is headed. Example: There were only 12 Walkers in the episode, and Carol killed 10 of them. The challenge should have had more humans,

What is definitely giving TMI and is NOT allowed: Details that reveal major plot lines. The death of characters is ALWAYS a major plot line. The challenge needed more humans because the Atlanta 5 were killing them left and right. The noise attracted 12 Walkers that came from behind, and Carol took out 10 of them and only narrowly escaped getting bitten.

IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST share an orange level thought, please use the spoiler tag. ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED IN THE SHOW but is in the comics is RED LEVEL. Talking about a character death is ALWAYS RED LEVEL. DO NOT share red level thoughts, even in spoiler tags! Keep the spoiler tags at Orange Level. REMEMBER: This is to compare nuances of the game to the show and NOT to analyse the show.

The Spoiler Tag is available in the Paragraph menu. Manually written, it will look like this using triangle < > brackets instead of parentheses ( ).

(div class="Spoiler")Level Orange Spoilers goes here. Do NOT post red level information.(/div)

Level Orange Spoilers go here. Do NOT post red level information.

Comments

• theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I don't remember seeing a graveyard in the show.
    I would really like to see us play Walker Red Rover at some point during the community event
    ggbats
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I don't remember a need to take revenge on Saviours without seeing the latest episode.

Still, at least one person got what I was saying in the other thread.
    Just cast your mind back to NG's statement about even vague hints re current episodes!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    rgerkman
    edited April 2016
    The game devs are given scenes and a very general plot line ahead of time so that the game can parallel the show to a reasonable degree. If a person has been watching the second half of the season, it is reasonable to expect that the finale would be a showdown between the groups.

That said, our group seems to be following behind Alexandria and doing cleanup. I think we are running about 3 days behind the show in the timeline and will end the event with a rescue scenario.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    But, without seeing the last episode, thus far it's the Saviours that are seeking revenge.
    NG were breaking their own guidelines, which was my point.

Anyway, I'm off to watch it now.
    Cya :)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • MomofSnolpeMomofSnolpe Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2016
    That Negan.

Plenty of things there that have already happened this season to cause someone to want to take some revenge out on them.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @thebluebox
    Now wouldn't that ^^^^ be considered spoiler overload?

Just asking! Nothing against @MomofSnolpe
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Yeah but I stopped at things that happened at least a month ago. That long it's no longer a spoiler.
    That's why I ask.. I do believe, with forum rule, anything that is detailed is a spoiler.. No matter what season it's pulled from.
    There are people that still haven't watched any of it yet

Rhonda
  • ShawnSmithShawnSmith Member Posts: 66
    Those people should stay out of the forums then. I think a month is a good estimate of time to declare that information as non spoiling.
    theblueboxggbats
    edited April 2016
    As a general rule among my circle of friends, it has to be at least six months old to be considered not a spoiler. I haven't seen Star Wars Episode 7 yet. However, it has been out 3 months, so if I wander into a Star Wars fan site, I sort of expect to see spoilers. This is why I haven't done it yet. The longer something is out, the more likely it is to be discussed.

As for NG, discussing ANY episode in detail is considered a spoiler, even stuff from Season 1. There are people that found the game first and are just now starting to watch the show from the beginning, so yes, @MomofSnolpe those were spoilers by NG standards. Please, go back and edit in a spoiler tag. No matter how old the information is, if it details names or plot lines, it is at least ORANGE level and needs a spoiler tag. The first two sentences are fine. The rest is at least orange level and treading into red level. We have to keep this conversation very generalized for stuff that is out in the open.

It's not our playground, so we do have to follow NG rules.

(Spoiler Post has been edited)

@Alibaba Would you mind giving additional clarification if it is needed?
    @Neil_J I agree. It is a bit of a spoiler. However, NG has a contract with AMC that has requirements that must be fulfilled. So far, the NG spoilers have been very minor. If the challenge had a different setting and included a certain vehicle, then it would have been a major spoiler. It's a tightrope the devs must walk. (Personally, I would prefer to see the challenges run a little further behind the show. We have to go without new show episodes for 5 months. NG could fill that time with content related to the last season if they started running the parallels in January and have some episodes with multiple challenges attached to them. It would also give NG more time to test the challenges and updates. However, I do not know the specifics of the contract and what NG is required to do. It may be that they HAVE to run certain content at specific times.)
    Cool your jets blue box you're a good 5 minutes late asking for Alibaba. Let's not hit the panic button right away and pile more work on the mods. I thought it was 7 days but I may be wrong so out of respect for everyone I changed it. No need to dig into your pocket and look for the honorary mod badge.
    I do tend to "police" threads I create. This is an experiment of sorts with the blessing of some of the mods. If it goes sideways, then we won't be allowed to have them in the future. Thus, I do tend to call Alibaba in to keep the peace with the mods. There is a group of us that want to be allowed to discuss some crossover content a little more freely than the general No Spoiler policy allows. But, there are limits that we have to stay in. It's nothing personal.
    Well take a deep breath nuclear catastrophe has been avoided. Maybe you should take the tag out to save him some work.
    edited April 2016
    I think once a mod has been tagged, they see it in their history even if it is later removed. I edited the tag to keep Alibaba from getting confused if it pops up.
  • Scared_DeadScared_Dead Member Posts: 91
    Well whoever has been following the show knows it was going to be an all war between the two. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Can anyone tell me? I'm in the US so I don't know how air time is in other countries. Do you guys have to wait til the season hit Netflix?
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    Lmao.... Seriously if ppl are worried about spoilers by playing the game guess what???? DONT PLAY... LOL THEY BOTH GO OFF COMICS MOST LIKEY... lol some ppl really crack me up lol to much spoilers from the game hahahahaha
    @Scared_Dead The UK sees it Monday evenings. Some countries don't air it until Wednesday.
    I have a friend that has to wait until Netflix releases it & they usually don't til the beginning of the next season!! So they have another 5-6 months to wait!!
    I would hate that! lol

Rhonda
    @rgerkman my DVR is my friend! I record the episodes, send them to the DVD-R, and deliver the episodes to a coworker the next day.
    rgerkman
    @rgerkman
    Well they can always purchase the show from iTunes :)
    You really don't know what happened in the finale. No one will know until next season premier. I'm angry that I have to wait til next season lol.
    @Scared_Dead This is going to need a Spoiler Tag

My husband and I spent an extra hour analyzing the last scene. No one knows what happened, but based on camera angles, we narrowed it down to 3. Then, we watched the Talking Dead and realized when they aired the cast member interview that not even the actors know. They sent in a stand in with a generic background for the scene. Even the actors don't know who has been voted off the island yet (they will start shooting the new season next week. I might have to make a road trip to Atlanta!)
    @thebluebox I did the same thing but still don't know exactly what happened lol. All I know is it's going down as always lol.. Hope my post didn't spoil nothing.
    @Scared_Dead No, you didn't spoil anything. That is clearly a green level for this thread.

It's another Glen and the dumpster situation. TWD has gotten very good at frustrating us with the cliffhangers.
    @thebluebox
    I sent you an inbox.
    Got it. We were starting to stray into show analysis here. We have to police ourselves and stick to the game.