Wikia contributors: What images / assets do you need?

TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
Let's make a list here!

Comments

• kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    Is asking for everything too much? :)

I think people would be happy if they were given more information in regards to Survivor rolls, in terms of both the quality (epic,legendary etc.) and the level.

But I think a massive help for now would be all of the building stats. Level, Cost, when available, what it unlocks etc. This type of information really helps planning out your actions. It also looks like they need images of each building.

Weapons...... this seemingly is a full weeks job I would imagine to set up. Anyway to dump the data and the skins for each one?
    jureforjustice
  • piepsilonpiepsilon Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2015
    edited December 2015
    Link to the wiki **sorry for the double post**
  • facemanakfacemanak Member Posts: 117
    TK-421 said:

Let's make a list here!

Great thanks for this subforum!

It would be great to insert the missing images of traits here.
    I've 100% done with the Lethal trait. The other ones need more images. Some time later today I will have free time to add names of traits and descriptions. But the images is the problem.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    jureforjustice
    Friends, if you have possibility... make screenshots of traits that are missing in the wiki and send them uncompressed via google drive for example.
    Thanks in advance!
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    edited December 2015
    @TK-421
    I think something is missing on http://www.thewalkingdeadnomansland.com/

When it's done I will have a chance to add a nice image of 11th episode to the wiki.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    Hah! Asking for everything is maybe a bit too much. If you can keep it structured it will be easier for me to get hold of!
    jureforjustice
    edited December 2015
    TK-421 said:

Hah! Asking for everything is maybe a bit too much. If you can keep it structured it will be easier for me to get hold of!

Ok. :)
    1. Is it possible to get for us the pictographs of all traits?
    2. Also I need a picture for The Descent story, to insert it here.
    3. Also the dates need to be checked: iOS - launched on 27 September 2015 and Android launched on 5 November 2015. Are they correct? o:)
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    I've requested the assets you asked for, i'll post them here when I get them.

iOS launch date was 8th October
    Android launch date was 29th October
    TK-421 said:

I've requested the assets you asked for, i'll post them here when I get them.

iOS launch date was 8th October
    Android launch date was 29th October

Great thanks!
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    I would like to confirm something for the wiki.
    Zombie state:
    Oblivious : zombie don't move
    Roaming: zombies move 2 tiles but won't attack if they pass close your survivor
    Aggressive : zombies move 2 tiles and will attack your survivor
    Hunting: zombies move 2 tiles toward you and will attack.

Is that right?
  • RanganutsRanganuts Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2015
    Level 17+ equipment has started to drop, can someone please expand the equipment stat tables to show levels 17-20? I tried but don't know how and didn't want to ruin the site. Thanks in advance

*Done*
    @Necroboogie I can't understand what does it mean:
    82 / 33.5k / 289 / 1867
    OK, you've changed the table caption to Weapon damage/ Upgrade/ Gold/ Scrap Exp

But still it is not so clear for understanding. Upgrade? 33.5k? 33.5k in total or just first upgrade? The same to gold... Total or just first time?

I'm waiting for answer and trying to find a new design for the table. It has to be more clear and convenient in use.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    edited December 2015
    @Necroboogie and just one more thing.
    Sorry but I've deleted the Guild list. Wikia is not a social network... it's an encyclopedia, where you can find lot's of info about the aspects of the game, not about playing people with their stats and progression.

We can try to beg the devs to implement some sort of a system that will track down the progression of the guilds all over the world and to create a special web-service like: The WDNML Stats. There we could see all the active guilds with their ratings, members, progression etc.

Hope @TK-421, @Overwatcher and @Teeceezy sometimes visit this thread in the good mood :)
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    edited December 2015
    It was more about getting a list of guilds and contact info for them without having to search thru forum and figure out which guilds were active. I was planning on it being alphabetical if it became a problem of people spamming the site trying to be near the top, and to get some more traffic to the wikia.
    I'm sure we could get Devs to make a stickie of guilds on the guild tab, heh but they'll have to have someone police and maintain it.
    edited December 2015
    Just open up the item and youll see all that info. It's like every other stat for an item it changes with each level, and all items for that level and star are the same ie: if any level 9 2 star item for a scout can be upgraded it will do xx dmg, cost xx gold to insta upgrade, cost xx exp to upgrade, and be worth xx exp in scrap
    So when its upgraded to a level 10 2 star item for a scout you'll see that it will do xx dmg, cost xx gold to insta upgrade, cost xx exp to upgrade, and be worth xx exp in scrap by going down the list. May help someone plan how much it'll cost to do all the upgrades and what to expect from it.
    As to The table could always post a screenshot of the bottom part of the weapons pic open up that tab.
    Ok. For example:
    Cost of upgrade the Scout weapon level 10 is 39.1K as you mentioned in the wiki.
    But this price is for the first upgrade. The second is more expensive. If you want to add this parameter to the wiki you should check the full cost of upgrading... 326 gold is also only for the first upgrade, the second is higher.
    In such a way the table is gonna be a huge and massive.

Let's discuss this! We have to make this table clear and comfortable in use.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    edited December 2015
    Yes that's the cost to upgrade any scout item (you need to mention star count) wether its the first, the second or even the third time your upgrading that weapon. So a level 7, 5 star item that you can upgrade 3 times becomes a level 8, 5 star, then a level 9, 5 star, and finally a level 10, 5 star that cannot be upgraded again. If it could it would cost the same as any level 10, 5 star scout weapon to level to a level 11, 5 star weapon.
    Each weapon and armor that has the same star count will have the same costs when they hit that level of upgrade.
    So since a 1 star item can only be upgraded once not much point in doing the one star items except to keep continuity.
    It's the 2 star + items where this comes into effect. Think of the stars as quality, so when you increase levels you just go vertically down the list, on the right side of the item window (when you click on the item) it lists the traits you can unlock and at what level. So a level 7, 3 star item that can be upgraded to a lvl 8,3 to unlock trait, lvl 9,3 to unlock next trait, and finally lvl 10,3 to unlock final trait. So in order to see what that final cost would be you start at 7,3 item and add the 8,3 and 9,3 to it.
    To illustrate from the screenshot of the scout list. A lvl 9,3 lvl weapin does 86 damage, has the cost of 23.9k to upgrade if it can be, 214 gold to upgrade if it can be, and a scrap value of 1575 exp.
    So a lvl 7,3 weapon that your trying to lvl to 10,3 weapon will have the above values when it hits 9,3.
    The same would be true of a lvl 9,3 weapon you just found. All scout weapons of lvl 9.3 will have the same values.
    I can explain more if you need, but all you need to do is find the weapons starting level and star value in the list and trace it vertically to get its stats after however many upgrades you want to give it.
    edited December 2015
    Maybe it would help to color code the charts so that 1,2,3,4,5 star items are their colors grey, bronze, green, blue, and yellow.

Took a lil searching but I still have three 5 star items. Start at 8, to get to 11 add all three pics with whatever combination of exp or gold to get it to 11 (if there was a pic for 11 that would be its stats- but of course it wouldn't be able to be upgraded anymore.)
    If you had a lvl 7, 5 star item you could add the 7+8+9 to see how much it would cost to get the weapon to level 10, 5star.
  • RanganutsRanganuts Member Posts: 5
    I feel it is too much info on the eye, the majority of the people using the site are only concerned with what damage the future upgrades will bring. Scrap value definitely not needed. Many only really want to compare the end result, meaning max upgrade possible, of say a level 12, 3 star piece to a level 10, 5 star piece to see which is better in the long run. (maxed out)
    facemanak
    edited December 2015
    Thats why the info is important- you may not want to max an item if the third trait sucks and you want to wait for a better item, or have a better item and cannot upgrade it yet. This will be more true as item level increases in the future. In sure that many want to know the cost of the next couple of upgrades or how much it will cost to upgrade a item they cannot upgrade yet. If your tent is not high enough level the item doesn't give you information about the uogrades.

Heh and to your point wouldn't you like to know how much you'd spend on each of those 2 different items to get the end result?

And further when you retire either of those items for the next "best" one, how much Exp you'd receive back to upgrade that new item.
    edited December 2015
    This data might look neater in a box formation

Dmg...................Upgrade exp
    Gold cost...........Scrap value
    So much words about a simple problem... The table is too "heavy". It should be restructured.

Maybe it would help to color code the charts so that 1,2,3,4,5 star items are their colors grey, bronze, green, blue, and yellow.

Took a lil searching but I still have three 5 star items. Start at 8, to get to 11 add all three pics with whatever combination of exp or gold to get it to 11 (if there was a pic for 11 that would be its stats- but of course it wouldn't be able to be upgraded anymore.)

If you had a lvl 7, 5 star item you could add the 7+8+9 to see how much it would cost to get the weapon to level 10, 5star.

Let's examine Hunting knife 9-lvl (5*):
    First Upgrade cost - 8.1K (164 GOLD)
    Second Upgrade cost - ? (? GOLD)
    Third Upgrade cost - ? (? GOLD)

But you wrote in the table only the first upgrade costs. This info is almost useless.

As mentioned @Ranganuts there is too much info on the eye and the majority of the people using the site are only concerned with what damage the future upgrades will bring. Scrap value definitely not needed. Many only really want to compare the end result, meaning max upgrade possible.
    I am fully agree with him.

We still need to rework that table. If you would like to keep all that info you should think about optimization.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    edited December 2015
    Obviously I'm filling in data as I get items and won't know the costs unless I get the next higher item or upgrade it, any help would be appreciated.
    Also if you do not have the capability to upgrade an item you don't get to see the cost.

I totally agree about the scrap cost except it's concrete data and would balance the info if it's in a box layout.

Do with the data what you like- I've only been entering it waiting to get feedback from people. I do think it's important when planning what you want to upgrade - but I'm not in love with entering the data if it's not needed/wanted.
    Why not building a second table? The first one could be the dmg or health as it was before. The second could be upgrade cost from lvl x to lvl x+1 ( ex: 5-> 6 cost xp and gold).
    What do you think?
    I don't generally care about the layout of the information per se, but do care about the content I gave an example above of what each information cube could hold or it could even be linear Vertical or horizontal
    dmg
    Exp or dmg | EXP | Gold
    Gold
    left the scrap off because it really has no meaning except to illustrate that its not worth trying to upgrade an item to scrap it in the hopes of getting a net Exp gain. Which is why I also didn't include upgrade times - still hoping they'll lower them at least a little permanently.
    At some point I was hoping to extrapolate the equation for the increase in cost (exp and gold) so it could be put on a margin and tighten up the chart. much like the Walker charts which are now largely pointless now, knowing how to calculate walker exp per level.
    And to your earlier post about the info being incomplete and useless - that's how your building tables are at the moment with gaps in the data, obviously your putting in data as you get it, like I am. Contribute to the Item data im sure if your playing you have items you could be putting the data in for.
    and to that point @TK-421 could we get a list/chart of weapon and armor data with: the Level of Item, Star count, Dmg (or in case of armor Defense) , Exp cost, and Gold Cost from lvl 1 - 15
    I did a major restructuration of the equipment page. Tell me what you think about it. I put the upgrade cost together, remove it from all tables and remove the scrap exp.
    edited December 2015
    GREAT CATCH!! on the upgrade costs piepsilon. Must have caught you mid edit. Looking good.