What are traits?

Hi guys! I'm really excited for the Android version! I've been trying to read and get some kind of strategy in the game before even playing (yes already addicted to something that's not available for me)!

There's one thing that is very difficult to look at, and that is the traits of weapons and survivors! Can anyone post up details on the current ones? If there was an official wiki, it'd be awesome! Give me something to read about to understand and play through my head plz and thank you! =P

Stay human and survive!

Comments

• insidethesuninsidethesun Member Posts: 14
    Survivors and Gear with more rarity have better traits. I only have up to Epic Survivor and I have all the way up to Legendary Armor, so I'm listing all the traits I have available:

Survivor Traits:
    Lucky: Increases luck by x %
    Dodge: X % Chance of dodging Melee Attacks
    Iron Skin: Take X % less Damage
    Retaliate: Once per turn, Does x% base damage.
    Strong: Does X % more damage with melee weapons.

Weapon Traits
    Lucky (see survivor trait above)
    Lethal: Weapon does X % more damage
    Critical Strike: Increase critical chance by X %
    Destructive: Increase critical damage by X %
    Large Caliber: Widens the hit area by X Meters

Armor Traits
    Health Boost: Increase health by X
    Iron Skin: (see survivor trait above)
    Wrestler: Struggle last X turns longer
    Dodge: (see survivor trait above)
  • CrimsonTrumanCrimsonTruman Member Posts: 1
    For the Lethal trait does anyone know how that damage is applied? For example I have a gold lethal on my "the dentist" and its damage it lists is 29, does that mean it does 44 damage? or does the 29 damage include the extra 15 additionally?
  • PatrikcPatrikc Member Posts: 3
    What exactly does "Health boost 100" trait mean on an armor? I have a survivor with 254 base health, but health with the armor is only 333 which is the base health plus the number on the armor, 79. I'd expect the health to be 254 plus something from the armor plus 100 from the trait. Obviously not the case. So what does this trait give me?
  • PatrikcPatrikc Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what Luck actually does? I sometimes see it on screen when hitting walkers, there's a text flash saying Lucky, but I'm not sure why or what actually happened.
  • zambezikzambezik Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015

For the Lethal trait does anyone know how that damage is applied? For example I have a gold lethal on my "the dentist" and its damage it lists is 29, does that mean it does 44 damage? or does the 29 damage include the extra 15 additionally?

Here I'm almost sure that 29 include extra cuz for example when you have a weapon with 20 damage and then you level it up with lethal it change to 22. Also lethal add % of base damage, not a direct points.

About hp and luck I have the same questions.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Patrikc said:

Does anyone know what Luck actually does? I sometimes see it on screen when hitting walkers, there's a text flash saying Lucky, but I'm not sure why or what actually happened.

When you see "Lucky" on the screen, it means that something would have happened or would not have happened, if it wasn't for the Lucky trait. This generally means avoiding stun, avoiding being grabbed by a walker when moving past one, or landing a critical hit.
  • HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 23
    I am "studying" all trait and is not so easy.... :)
    For Lucky i can say that probably is one of best trait cause increase a lot of other traits. About Critical and Lucky i can say Lucky is like a Stronger Critical effect. If u will check, Critical Strike can happened alone..... But Lucky always happend with a critical hit. And if u check... A Lucky Critical Strike inflict ALWAYS more damage than a "clean" critical strike.

And we should think to another thing, do every survivor have basic Critica Chance or Lucky Chance???? I did some tests, and i can say critical strike probably is 10% ( not sure if crit chance is the same for each survor ) second one, increasing change of 10%.... Became 20% or 19%????? And we are just talking about crit chance.

Talking of Lucky prob every survivor start from 0.

I am really sry about my English, excuse me ;'( i hope to have been a help to u

I restarted to test survivor's attack and i will report step by step what i will discover. First one critical hit and lucky hit Should be the same, i was wrong about lucky CH stronger than normal CH.

I am pretty sure about this.... Lethal and Strong % increase just the weapon damge... Second one starting from this Base damage.... ( after lethal and strong damage %) the damage inflict will be -10 / + 10.

Example: base damage 90
    Weapon damage 50
    Strong % 5
    Lethal % 10

Base damage will be: 90 + ( 50 x 1,15 ) = 148

Minimum damage inflict 138
    Maximun damage inflict 158
  • chrisksychrisksy Member Posts: 34
    I feel as though "Swift Strike" trait is a must-have for Scouts as it gives chance to kill 2 walkers in the same turn, which is very effective in turn-based game. Does anyone find the same way?
    Also, does "Lucky" trait have anything to do with "Free Action" mechanics by "Swift Strike"?
    chrisksy said:

Also, does "Lucky" trait have anything to do with "Free Action" mechanics by "Swift Strike"?

Y, it should be a must. The problem is the chance, really low. Gold chance is 15% and playing scout with a "Gold SS" it happens rarely. It could be clear, if u play 2-3 scout and everyone have this Trait.... So chance in a single turn increase.... If u play him like a single Scout, i dont think it could be so useful ( this is my opinion )

Second one, during a critical hit or a evasion, u can see "lucky event", during Swift Strike to be honest i have never seen "lucky" appears.

I hope i have been of use to u :smiley:
    edited November 2015
    I am actually in dilemma in choosing between 2 maxed out kitchen cleavers (1 epic & 1 legendary):

1) Epic / 92dmg / 10%Swift Strike / 10%Lucky / 60%Destructive
    2) Legendary / 98dmg / 10%Lethal / 60%Destructive / 15%Lucky

Which one would you use? I have no plan on using more than 1 Scout per any group formation. Currently I alternative between Bruiser+Scout+Hunter set up and Shooter+Scout+Hunter set up. Sometimes in hard missions, I find that SS can dictate life or death situation. What would you choose? Or any of your further advice would be helpful and very much appreciated.
    edited November 2015
    Rare Scout lvl 7: 111 damge
    EPIC base damage: 92 ( no extra by lethal maybe from strong ) but with 5% is just 4-5 dmg more

Total base dmg: 203

Min Crit dmg: 193 x 2.1= 405
    Max crit dmg: 213 x 2.1= 447

Legendary base damage: 98+ lethal = 108

Total base dmg: 219

Min Crit dmg: 209 x 2.1=439
    Max Crit dmg: 229 x 2.1= 480

-------------------------

I dont know for sure how Lucky works.
    But if increase chance proc... And considering base crit chance for survivor is 10% we have

Epic weapon: 19%

Legendary weapon: 23,5

--------------------------

If u play with Swiift Strike u have to play near a second zombi to be rdy and use Second Attack chance when It happens.... But when it doesnt happen ( 90% of time ) second zombi will attack u for free..... So if u will play out of second zombi's range u will waste Second free attack.... But it will be 10% vs 90%

Second one, if u continue episode with low survivor's lvl ( like i did for fun and cause is harder ) u will find a lot of big zombi with 450-550 HP.....
    And i showed u Critical dmg different..... And Chance......

This mean, with this legendary weapon, u have a chance to kill with one crit shot ( not using special attack ) a big zombi....

And we have not considering "Strong trait" of yours survivor ( if he has ).... This mean 10 dmg more.... During a crit....

-----------------------

There are no mechanics of this game cause is new, so my calculations could be wrong, but i am pretty sure this is right. Just look your survivor's attacks and it should be inside that range.

And sry for my english... :(

chrisksy
    Thank you for your detailed analysis. I think when SS procs, you are given a "free action," meaning you are able to both move and attack for a second time in a single turn. So if your scout moves and attacks a zombie, when SS procs, you are given another chance to move and attack another zombie that was initially out of your range.
    Yes, but it happen just 10%.... No sense for me.... Anyway if u follow episode lvl suggest zombi are weak so nithing change so much... For hard mission high damage for a scout is better.... If u will not kill immediatly a big zombi, hard pass level....
    edited November 2015
    Is Lucky trait one of the more desirable traits? For example, is it more desirable than, say, Dodge, Critical Strike, or etc, because it covers all these areas in a sense?
    Not sure 100% how lucky works exactly, but it's work with ctitical and dodge.... U should choose what's best combo traits....

I can say this.... Lethal in early game, i mean with weak weapon, has totaly no sense if u have another high lvl weapon... Cause a lethal trait,, in a weapon of 70 dmg, is just 10 dmg more ( with gold lethal trait ).
This discussion has been closed.