[Tip] S.W.A.T Positioning

jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
edited December 2015 in Strategy Discussion
This is the positioning I used in gathering my 37 star from S.W.A.T without taking damage. Keep in mind, they may spawn differently, however, should you have you warrior with their charge attack, you're able to kill off 3. If not able to kill, just use the bruiser to aoe stun the rest that did not die.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Of course, there's lots of ways you can do this mission. This is just one of many. Hope this helped someone =D
I went with Scout-Bruiser-Warrior because my hunter and shooters would only cause more turns and threats due to the body shots onto the armored walkers. It's too risky. Here there were only 2 waves that showed up (additional 6 walkers).

Comments

• aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    you can use an assault if you already unlocks him. his stun atk is also awesome with great fire power than the bruiser's stun atk..
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    aysatyo said:

you can use an assault if you already unlocks him. his stun atk is also awesome with great fire power than the bruiser's stun atk..

Thing about the assault is that they require 3 kills and also they don't have enough firepower to counter its own threat that it creates in trying to get those kills. Additionally... It's a 1 turn charge stun (next turn no more stun) instead of auto attacking stuns that last 2 turns.
    2 turn stun depends on your btuiser weapon, if it has concussion or not. assault, hunter, hunter set up. they can take care of the threats they make. stun the armored walkers with assault and finishing them with hunter's critical hit, if any remains, you can kill them on the next turn with your full force of assault hunter hunter.
    @aysatyo I'll wait for your 37 star screen shot. I've not been able to use hunter past 31 stars effectively, let alone my assault does not have near the damage of hunters. I'm just more comfortable with having my warrior and scout clear waves for this map.
    edited December 2015
    Please forgive me as I had failed to screenshot my team =,C You're just going to have to take my word that I used the same team. Just an FYI: walkers 4 levels higher than your survivor (12 vs 16), even while stunned, is guaranteed body shot.

i never said your approach is wrong or anything like that. im just saying there is an alternative way of doing this. i currently have 22 stars on all guild missions using level 9 and 10 survivors. im just suggesting other options. not all of us are a fan of bruisers or assaults.
    jureforjustice
    aysatyo said:

i never said your approach is wrong or anything like that. im just saying there is an alternative way of doing this. i currently have 22 stars on all guild missions using level 9 and 10 survivors. im just suggesting other options. not all of us are a fan of bruisers or assaults.

Very true. I'm just speaking from my experience at high stars i guess =S
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Thanks for posting this tip!

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Being in this position does not guarantee this arrangement of walkers coming out of that swat van. I actually tried to replicate this and ended up with an armored walker to the left of my warrior, and a space between my scout and warrior, so my bruiser could not stun all four.

I stunned the three that I could and hit the one with my warrior, but it didn't get killed (level 11 vs level 14) and ended up taking a crit hit, so I didn't get the third star like I would have if I had taken my assault, hunter, and warrior...
    zoson said:

Being in this position does not guarantee this arrangement of walkers coming out of that swat van. I actually tried to replicate this and ended up with an armored walker to the left of my warrior, and a space between my scout and warrior, so my bruiser could not stun all four.

I stunned the three that I could and hit the one with my warrior, but it didn't get killed (level 11 vs level 14) and ended up taking a crit hit, so I didn't get the third star like I would have if I had taken my assault, hunter, and warrior...

I was fortunate enough where my lvl 12 warrior can 2 shot kill the 15 armored walkers. So I was able to take my 40th star when I stumbled into that arrangement. Then my bruiser just aoe stun the lvl 16 armored walkers. If that should happen, I usually just flee and try again (I really want the exctra 2 stars lol!!).
    Ah I see, if you don't get the positioning you like, you flee and try again. I just move on and play the level again...
    Can you show us the loadouts you are using for each guy?
    jureforjustice
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    zoson said:

That's why I prefer to go with 2 bruisers and one scout for this mission. That way, I can guarantee to stun all the armored zombies before they can do any damage to me.

zoson said:

That's why I prefer to go with 2 bruisers and one scout for this mission. That way, I can guarantee to stun all the armored zombies before they can do any damage to me.
    You can guarantee a stun on all four with a single assault!
    zoson said:

Ah I see, if you don't get the positioning you like, you flee and try again. I just move on and play the level again...
    Can you show us the loadouts you are using for each guy?

If I try the level again, it's too difficult and I can't get the extra 2 stars. So if I gain only 1 from it, and can't beat it anymore, I just don't come back. Unless I have extra gas later on.

Here's my lineup of the legendary 3 =D

Scout

Bruiser

Warrior
    @jureforjustice Nice melee team. Many players in my guild still don't have a single legendary survivor, and you have three. How often do pray to the RNG gods? Is a human sacrifice required as well? :p

@jureforjustice Nice melee team. Many players in my guild still don't have a single legendary survivor, and you have three. How often do pray to the RNG gods? Is a human sacrifice required as well? :p

Yah, this is probably why I prefer my legendary melee team over my ranged team. I got these guys from my first 200 radios. Then I tried again when they did the "increased epic/legendary" pulled 2 legendary shooters. Quite lucky with the survivors, but still would not hold up good if I didn't have decent weapons.
    @jureforjustice your scout would be a lot stronger if you level up his weapon. swift strike is the best!
    aysatyo said:

@jureforjustice your scout would be a lot stronger if you level up his weapon. swift strike is the best!

TY i know, but it's a struggle trying to get XP atm for me... I am mostly using it for the dmg. (check him and my warrior out in comparison! imagine if I did upgrade the weapon lol!)
    yes, scouts are a monster when it comes to heavy damage. imagine if he has swift strike..
    jureforjustice
    @jureforjustice ah-ha. All your equipment is better, all your survivors are better, and they're level 12 vs my level 11! That explains A LOT.
    zoson said:

@jureforjustice ah-ha. All your equipment is better, all your survivors are better, and they're level 12 vs my level 11! That explains A LOT.

Items are easy to find, I just choose the traits for my survivors, like my bruiser.

My scout weapon was given to me from NG for the glitched weapon before. I only use him to soften up the enemy for my bruiser, and get a kill if bruiser stunned the armored walker.

Warrior weapon was the best find yet, but as long has you have 354 dmg, you can easily kill the lvl 14 walkers with 1 or 2 attacks with your warrior (410 is overkill since lvl lol), and lvl 15 should take you 2 hits.

There's no reason you need legendary characters, I just was lucky to get them =D However, it did really contribute (and I don't think one can do without them) in me getting my 40th star, facing 12vs16 lvl walkers, even though they were body shots.
    Incorrect, legendary characters provide boost in damage and health over epic characters. Likewise, epic characters have more damage/health than rare... and so on... So my team made up of epic/rare is at a significant disadvantage compared to a full legendary team.

Also items are not 'easy' to find at all, it's a matter of getting lucky with the RNG.
    edited December 2015
    I understand your struggle, however all you really need is to have warrior with 350 damage at least. That's all that really matters. I never took damage in those screen shots.

Items are easy to find in the idea that you only need damage. Sorry I was not clear about that.

Anyways, this is a tip on how to position so that your warrior can take out the walkers along with your bruiser to stun them so that the survivor opening the door does not get hit by the massive amount of armored walkers.
    edited December 2015
    @jureforjustice Ok I tried your idea of going with one bruiser, one scout, and one warrior for this mission. While I was able to clear the map much faster with this team, I ended up with less experience in the end.

With my standard 2 bruisers and 1 scout team, I can farm zombies for much longer and finish with much more experience.

I usually quit when the zombies get into lv 30s, but when I switched one of my bruisers with my warrior, I had to leave around lv 18.

So if you don't farm these missions and want to clear the map as fast as possible, I agree that the 1 bruiser, 1 scout, and 1 warrior is an ideal combination.

However if you farm every mission to maximize the amount if experience you get each time you expend gas, it isn't as effective as my standard melee team.
    jureforjustice
    It is NOT easy to get 350 damage unless you have really good RNG luck.

My level 11 epic warrior with a level 12 fully upgraded legendary sword does 305 damage. So it's not even likely that he will have more than 350 damage once leveled up to 12. Also, level 11 has a high chance of a body shot vs a level 12!

You basically won the lottery on survivors and weaponry, and it's made it easier for you to do anything and everything!

Also, you should plainly disclose the fact that your positioning does not guarantee the walkers will exit the swat van in this arrangement, and that you flee the mission if they don't. It's a very important point, especially for those last 3 stars!
    edited December 2015
    zoson said:

It is NOT easy to get 350 damage unless you have really good RNG luck.

My level 11 epic warrior with a level 12 fully upgraded legendary sword does 305 damage. So it's not even likely that he will have more than 350 damage once leveled up to 12. Also, level 11 has a high chance of a body shot vs a level 12!

You basically won the lottery on survivors and weaponry, and it's made it easier for you to do anything and everything!

Also, you should plainly disclose the fact that your positioning does not guarantee the walkers will exit the swat van in this arrangement, and that you flee the mission if they don't. It's a very important point, especially for those last 3 stars!

First: Screen shot us your warrior and his weapon.

Second: Don't get mad at the player, get mad at the game. What you need to work on is how to adapt to what you're dealt. My warrior is the only significantly strong survivor in this lineup that does real damage, the other guys are utilized for combination attacks -.- And like I've said, even if it requires two shots to kill the armored walker, you should be able to use the charge to do two attacks on a 400 HP armored walker even if you have ~200 attack.

Thirdly: I did say it "Keep in mind, they may spawn differently"

Lastly: You should take yourself a step back! Maybe I'm too light on RNG in this topic because I was given these characters, but it's not supposed to be used as a crutch to attack me as a player about my method. I'm not saying "YOU CAN GET 40 STARS LIKE THIS!" I'm basically giving you my method of how I achieved a higher score so you can try it (@Headhunter and @aysatyo Thank you for the feedbacks about the method). If I got rares and epics as well, I'd still come and show this method because it works for me. Just because I scored a higher score does not give way for you to come in here and point fingers saying
    zoson said:

which is not the point of this thread... smh
    @jureforjustice For the record, I want to say thank you for your various Tip postings. While I may not agree with everything in your Tip posts, it does elevate the conversation about the game in this forum and gives you a different perspective in how to approach it.
    edited December 2015
    @jureforjustice this is not possible without your survivors/loot. nobody's angry but you because I pointed out that this really doesn't work unless you've got a stacked team. There isn't any adapting other than buying gold, and that's what you need to take a step back and understand.

level 11 epics with lower level gear is simply not equal to a full legendary level 12 team.
    zoson said:

@jureforjustice this is not possible without your survivors/loot. nobody's angry but you because I pointed out that this really doesn't work unless you've got a stacked team. There isn't any adapting other than buying gold, and that's what you need to take a step back and understand.

level 11 epics with lower level gear is simply not equal to a full legendary level 12 team.

Hey I never said they were equal... You've just came up with all that arguing stuff yourself =S I just provided you what you asked for lol!

Btw, I buy gold in support of the devs and in return, use it for skins. Not help me win.

@Headhunter thanks I appreciate your discussions, same to you too @zoson. Even though sometimes we do headbutt =P
This discussion has been closed.