Distorted Picture...Any advice will be helpful

blaher86blaher86 Member Posts: 71
I sent in a support ticket for this issue but knowing the tech support will take week to any response. Any suggestions guy

Comments

• AlibabaAlibaba Member Posts: 1,275
    @blaher86 Seems like a video display error. Does it happen every time you get into the game? What device are you using? Happens in any other games?

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I would start by checking here to see if your device is listed.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @Degreaser isn't this happening to you, too?
  • ernest22ernest22 Member Posts: 3
    The images of my survivors also got degraded several days ago. I also submitted a service ticket. I play on a Samsung Note 5, Android 6.0 (Marshmellow).
  • CortCort Member Posts: 2
    This is the exact reason that brought me here. Since the marshmellow update 6.0.1 this is what the game has looked like on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    Looks like your survivors are turning THEM WERE BITTEN
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,782
    @eetu, need your assistance, looks like video issue or a Samsung issue.
  • blaher86blaher86 Member Posts: 71
    How do I go about fixing it...all my picture and video quality are great conditions
    I read the posting and click the link but there is no way to resolve the picture issue. Any advice would be help...have the Samsung s6 edge
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @eetu @zbot - @Degreaser has this problem since the 1.8 update(not 1.8.3). He's also on a Samsung device(it's a galaxy s5 if I remember correctly). In 1.8 my N900 started having improper transparency for the gold rings charge ability indicator also.
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    @blaher86 I had the same issue after an update. I saved my game with Google game and deleted the application. Restarted my phone then reinstalled. Problem was resolved. I should point out just in case that Google Games is the application not the play store
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    It looks to be simliar to what ive been getting with samsung galaxy tab 3 for last couple of months.
    Interested if you survivor pictures in mission or menu start to be swapped for another or become pixelated or filled with static.
    Also if you get new survivor and they flash between menu and stats page or or their full picture wont stabalize and control become almost impossible? If this does occur persevere and give them a costume to to stabalize them.
    Finally if you start to have issues with defending survivors on raids or savior corpse after in mission restart causing repeatative screen flashes and frame looping?

In general these issues will be blamed on your device even though it used to work properly before an update.
    Because of the number of android devices and the impossibility of reproducing them without a particular device the word i've had from the devs is they wont be fixing the issues or acquiring devices in order to do so.
    All you can hope for is that they inadvertantly fix them in future updates.

I should note that previous to last update the simple sight of a savior could cause glitch, now its just their corpses after in mission restart forced by either the mission freezing at end of 1st turn (usually, thiugh it can hapoen at any end of turn) or loss of connection. The best you can do if encountering this bug is not to kill savior in 1st turn where it is most likely to require restart. If it does happen you can usually get through by repeating wanted action and restarting mission after you think the action has been given and will stabalize if you can get the effected corpse out of view by moving the screen view. It will only take 2 or more hours to get through mission if this happens.

I havent tried to play through game store as suggested above as i thought they would be the same game files used.
    If someone else fixes issue the same way it would be great to hear

Goodluck
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    null
    I'm a bit scare to follow your technique bc I am very far on the game...plus I am save on Google game also..but NG is not known for being able to recover game data
    Cort
  • ernest22ernest22 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you @creativeusername for your suggestion. It fixed the problem for me. I made sure I was connected to Google Play so my game was saved. I then uninstalled the game from my phone and then I reinstalled the game from Google Play (not Google Play Store) and the images of my survivors were back to normal after I opened the game.
  • CortCort Member Posts: 2
    can someone explain how to do this step by step so I don't lose my progress?