Yet Another Question about Survivors

PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
Hi again guys. I am now Council 15, Training Grounds 15 and such and I am hoarding almost 500 radios now. My survivors are all caped at 15/16, except for a Legendary Shooter that can go up to 17. All my dummies (not many) are Legendary and mainly Epic. My question is an anticipation: when the next weekend bonus for getting better survivors from radio calls comes, should I hold on to say Rare (Green) survivors that can get to 17? Should guys like that as my main guys, replacing say Epics L16?

This is, of course, assuming I will get no luck and no Epics or Legendaries will drop for the classes I play the most - Hunter, Shooter, Assault and Warrior, in that order. I have yet no experience with higher than 16 survivors, so hence my question! Thanks guys...

Comments

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    With 500 radios saved, you should get plenty of Epics and a couple of Legendarys as well. But, yes, at this stage you are going to want to look at longevity. We haven't had a council upgrade in a while, so that is probably coming soon, and level 18 will be possible. I wouldn't keep anything lower than rare (if you are doing 1-5 radio calls) but look for higher possible level survivors that you can grow into at this point.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Papacas, I suggest you really pay close attention to the traits of the survivors you have on hand as closely as their rating and levels. I have all level 17 survivors except one level 16 max Rare shooter who has excellent traits. I keep him as my 3rd shooter and for sentimental reasons as much as anything since he was my first level 16 survivor. Also, don't retire your survivors quickly. Think long and hard before you let one go. I made that mistake a few times as I started to pull better survivors. Good luck!
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    Thanks for your tips guys. For now I am mainly aiming to L17 survivors, I don't really care for more yet. This is specially true regarding Hunters, for I only have 1 L16 and I would like to have 2 more. My standard team was, till my survivors were only 15, 2 Hunters and then a 3rd survivor, be that Shooter, Assault, Warrior or even another Hunter. Truth be said that I only have 7 L16 survivors now and only my Legendary Shooter can go up to 17, but I am L38 myself, so no Council upgrade yet.

I am even considering to no upgrade Council and after the Training Grounds before I get more L16/17 survivors, because if I understood correctly, then the exploration missions would require L17 survivors and I would only have 1 at that level. Am I thinking this straight?
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Yes. Higher level rare is better than lower level legendary. Even if the difference is only 1 level, it has a great impact on the game mechanics since bodyshot occurence is base on survivor level against enemy level.

• PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    Oh great, i did nit know that! Body shot that is. Btw, my council and training grounds are 15 now.