Optional Cover

So here I go not searching to see if this has already been asked - but I don't know what to search for -

Can you fix it so that it doesn't automatically route you to cover? On some levels it's really handy but on most it messes me up. I haven't entirely got the hang of it yet, but there are times I want to shoot someone and it insists I route to cover and puts be in a place I don't want to be.
Anyone have any suggestions to avoid that?

Dakamin

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    It is indeed a PITA at times...example included where I could shoot 2 Saviors at once and the %÷!#% mechanics won't let me
    SenoiaSurvivor
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    This "feature" bothers me some too. Problem is I want it to work when I want it to work so how do they do that while also letting me not use it when I don't want it
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I think this comes back to the suggestion of letting us choose where the survivor goes before shooting.
    I find if I move the first 1ap, then it means its a little bit better, but i have also had guys running in random directions across maps just to get to cover.
  • DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 108
    +1 for Optional Cover

Auto seeking cover is no good. I've got shooters "wanting" to run into a position where they are surrounded by walkers and saviours just so they can get cover. This feature has got to go or get fixed, just like auto screen centering.
    Its funny, because in real life you would be trying to get to cover before you take the shot. So I guess its realistic in that way
  • DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 108
    Yeah maybe. Unless said cover was in between two walkers and next to a warrior saviour, I can tell you with 100% certainty that I wouldn't be going for that cover IRL.
    But then maybe in RL you are aiming at the wrong target :)
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    Yes to what everyone has said. @lmfgunnut I'm exactly the same way. It works perfectly I'm bone yard - but on the collect the loot ones? Grrr.
    @Dakamin it moved mine next to a bruiser so also got stunned. Wouldn't the definition of cover be NOT next to an enemy?

I'm not a programmer so I have no idea about the difficulty. But it seems if we can turn blood and gore, music, and sound effects off and on - we should also be able to turn cover and magnet off and on. (But I like the magnet)

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Often I find I can 'work around' this problem by doing a 1AP move making it impossible to reach the spot they were trying to go to cover.
    Jenny
    It depends on the map. Sometimes that will leave you out in the open - and sometimes that matters, sometimes not. Depends on the savior levels. But I'll try that on this next one.