Died because my stupid screen moved !

Has anyone else done this? Been in a good mission ( 10 / 3 ) about to finish it ( doing good ) & I accidentally move my warrior the wrong way, right into the walkers, get hit & weak. Make it to the other container, almost about to win, & because of my stupid mistake, she dies. I was so mad!! Sometimes I get careless, & the screen moves. CRAP !!! Just Sayin !
BeastModesterDaywalker69

Comments

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Yeah I really hate it when that happens. That is one of the biggest complaints our guild members have with this game. Luckily for me, I've yet to lose anyone permanently from this annoying feature.
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Worse with hunters and shooters, start your shot and camera shift...walk right into zombies. Sometimes helps to take your time when selecting character so camera shifts first...sometimes.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited December 2015
    Yeah we've asked the dev's to make the auto camera centering an option in settings.
    It's really annoying and has also caused me grief.
    @TK-421 @Overwatcher
  • Annette578Annette578 Member Posts: 482
    Thanks for the feedback guys,
    I was almost done , went to shift her over to the left container & it shifted so fast, that as I caught it, it was to late. She got hit hard, & I pretty much knew that was what would cost me the mission. Very aggravating !! Got to heal her up & start over. ARRGHH !!
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I have done this mistake more than once! I expect to fire a gun, but instead the survivor went to hug the walker instead...

FeleciaBeastModester
    I noticed in episode 10 mission 3, that when my shooter is about to shoot that fatty walker in the right container, that as I shoot, she ends up behind him ?? When I watched that same mission on YouTube , the same thing happened! That seems like a glitch.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    damn! it happened to my legendary scout too.. good thing its not a deadly mission, otherwise, he could have died.
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Yea, this has happened to me several times. Frustrating beyond belief.

You lose out on the boxes, you lose your time/gas spent and you get to wait while your team heals.

When I have butter fingers and it's my it's all good, but not this.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    Helio said:

I expect to fire a gun, but instead the survivor went to hug the walker instead...

Hilarious!

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

• hhmcameronhhmcameron Member Posts: 224
    This is what made me HATE bruisers
    So at this time ,since I got the warrior, & have leveled her up, I retired my level 8 Bruiser. I still don't have one . Should I accept one if it is a high level, legendary ,rare, or epic? I have noticed that many players don't seem to use them after getting to higher episodes? Any suggestions welcomed. I use the warrior in his place now.

So at this time ,since I got the warrior, & have leveled her up, I retired my level 8 Bruiser. I still don't have one . Should I accept one if it is a high level, legendary ,rare, or epic? I have noticed that many players don't seem to use them after getting to higher episodes? Any suggestions welcomed. I use the warrior in his place now.

I like playing with bruisers. In certain missions for me like The Room or S.W.A.T., they are very important. I know many players do well without having bruisers, so I think the answer to your question really has to do with your playing style.

If you like to farm missions and grind it out for a long time, bruisers are critical to your success.

If you like to clear the map and not farm or farm very long afterwards, bruisers are a liability to that playing style.
    Thanks for the info.
    For now I will stick with my warrior. As for my new assault guy I got after finishing episode 9, he is leveled up to 12, but he seems somewhat like a bruiser. He shoots a lot of bullets, but seems to not kill like I thought he would. Any thoughts on that? Do you like the assault survivor ?

Thanks for the info.
    For now I will stick with my warrior. As for my new assault guy I got after finishing episode 9, he is leveled up to 12, but he seems somewhat like a bruiser. He shoots a lot of bullets, but seems to not kill like I thought he would. Any thoughts on that? Do you like the assault survivor ?

That question is just like your bruiser one. It really comes down to your playing style again.

Many players are using their assault survivor in place of their bruiser. I personally prefer bruisers as I explained in this thread:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/920/bruisers-whats-the-point

I know @zoson has posted many good points about the assault survivor and has much more experience than me in using him. I remember him mentioning previously that the assault survivor is not the killing machine you first suspect he would be.

You should try to use your assault survivor in place of your bruiser and see if you like him better. He just might be a better fit for the way you like to play this game.
    Thanks,
    He seems to work better than the bruiser. Your right that everyone plays at their own style. I know that one guy used his bruiser for almost every mission ( be called him his tank) as to where mine would not work for me as his did. My favorite so far has been my level 12 Legenary shooter. She has an awesome pistol that never fails ! Funny how I get attached to some, sad when I have to retire them. I have a level 11 scout that I will probably have to retire as soon as the next episode 11 opens. Fully trained. She was a favorite too!
    Stay Alive !!
  • _sheilador_sheilador Member Posts: 26
    My issue usually has to do with landing in the wrong spot because I can't see under my finger when I'm moving (i.e. trying to shoot a walker and end up walking to the spot right above them) but the camera centering has got me before. Usually my issue is my phone lags - I definitely need to get a phone with more data storage (I think my iphone has 8 gbs of space and I must be at 7.75).
    Currently a member of Cowabunga guild -- recruiting active members, no minimum lvl/star count
    I use my iPad mini. I don't know if I would be able to play on a phone, however I know many players do. I've learned to slow down & be more careful since that mission. I was so mad when I did that ! Just used it as a learning tool ! Stay Alive !!
  • ShenonShenon Member Posts: 34
    Yes please, remove this "feature" (more like annoyance....) asap, pretty please!
  • SkySky Member Posts: 46
    I play on my iPhone 6S and have had the same problem with the screen moving as I wanted to move a player. I got swarmed more than once by an unintentional move. Also due to small size of screen I've accidentally hit the wrong button when watching videos and ended up paying 25 gold instead of watching a freebie vid. Arrgghhh! Still loving the game, tho...
    Sky,
    I know your pain! :( I have said before, I have only played on my iPad mini. I don't know how u guys play on a phone screen. They are pretty inexpensive now. Try it!
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340

Thanks for the info.

The assault is very helpful in missions with a lot of walkers. He is very useful in two of the challenges this week - the terminal gate and the buried walkers. The assault has a nice stun that will slow down several walkers at once. However, at about walker level 15 and above less effective but can still stop a few. Mine is a legendary with legendary equipment and interrupt. I sometimes like to use a bruiser and 2 warriors in higher levels. The silent kills don't draw more walkers so I often have a better chance of getting more stars on the levels. Well sometimes.
    Felecia
    Thanks Felecia,
    I will be at a player 29 tomorrow, so I can start leveling up my guys. It has taken me awhile to get to 29. Almost all of my survivors will be going up in levels 13 & up! Yea!!
    Sky
    @Annette578 congrats on that. It is a great feeling.

SlayerSect,
    Thanks, I've worked hard to get there! Trying not to spend to much during the holidays. Still havin lots of fun, meeting all kinds of people who love the game & TWD !! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited December 2015
    WTG Annette!

Glad to hear you are moving up the ranks so swiftly. I thought the Assault class were going to be able to dish out more damage than they are currently capable of too. I like them well enough but depend on my hunters most of the time and yeah Felecia is right, they draw more walkers but I need the extra Ex so don't mind pushing through a harder mission to get it.
    Thanks,
    I just now got to player 29. Now I have to get 520K to upgrade my council. Will be tomorrow . Same amount for workshop. But I started on that options website, & hopefully will get the iTunes gift card. Don't know how long that will take, but thanks for the info ! ;)
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Helio said:

I have done this mistake more than once! I expect to fire a gun, but instead the survivor went to hug the walker instead...

Yup. Done that once or twice myself.
    Fecking annoying!

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Don't hold your breathe because it takes at least a few weeks but glad you like it. My council cost 570K for the same upgrade. The NG Gods must like you a bit more :D
  • SkySky Member Posts: 46
    *Sky,
    *I know your pain! :( I have said before, I have *only played on my iPad mini. I don't know *how u guys play on a phone screen. They are *pretty inexpensive now. Try it!

Don't have the option of buying new gear right now, Annette578, so I have to make do at the moment. Gotten more used to the idiosyncrasies of small screen gaming.

Just joined a guild and tackled my first weekly challenge - 66 stars so far. Nothing to u hardcore gamers but to a noob like me, it's a Xmas miracle!

I LOVE this friggin' game. TWD:NML rulez!!
This discussion has been closed.