Lock guilds during challenges and enable pending transactions ASAP

PLEASE???

Seriously, for serious guild competition, we need a system that keeps the competition legitimate. Lock all guilds from adding players during the challenge unless the guild stars with an incomplete roster (then allow them to add only the number of empty spots they began with). Enable pending add/drop transactions that are processed automatically when the challenge ends, and keep transactions open until the next challenge begins. This is a simple solution to a guild system that can't offer much but bragging rights at the moment. Can we see this feature without waiting a long time for a bunch of other content?
Feleciazosonpullfront

Comments

• thecoltythecolty Member Posts: 152
    ...isn't that how SOCO got so many stars?
    Currently <51st in Global Top Players
    pullfrontWeasel007Dana
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited December 2015
    thecolty said:

...isn't that how SOCO got so many stars?

Nope, wait for @WastelandDan to post our roster up and add the star total. My current experience with SOCO is that they give credit to their players. They don't "Farm stars" by having 40+ players pooling stars together into one guild.
    J_Shwa
  • thecoltythecolty Member Posts: 152
    I will be impressed if it's true. Photos or it never happened;-)
    Currently <51st in Global Top Players
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I totally agree with the topic on guild locking. This 'guild jumping' is ridiculous.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Dana
  • ShenonShenon Member Posts: 34
    This is something both the highest scoring guilds right now totally agree on!

And yes Lets be honest here, we both know for a fact this has already been done before - but for a fair competition, it would be alot better if you implemented this suggestion. Lock the guilds when competition starts, and only if you start with less, you can add the missing spots during the week.
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    It's funny the way some guilds exploit this just so that they can measure who's **** is longer. Kudos to all legit guilds out there. :)
    zosonirishmob
    Legit?

Isnt legit by definition "something that is within the rules"??
    No guilds are doing anything against the rule of the game, but for FAIRNESS, we both want them to change said rules so that this WILL be, for lack of a better word, "unlegit".

And btw, none of the top guilds has done this this week either. We had one of our top scorers leave (to start sister guild), but then again our current lowest member has 0 points..
    I have no reason to belive SoCo (or anyone else for that matter) has done anything "wrong" either

TL:DR - stop being so jealous cause you arent in a position where this Even matters to you...
    zosonjureforjusticeWastelandDan
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    The existence of this thread indicates that @WastelandDan believes this is going on.

Googling the word "legitimate" shows that the second most common usage of the word is:
    able to be defended with logic or justification.

I'd argue that this is the entire reason why this post was made. The practice described is allowed but cannot be defended logically with respect to what is expected from a leader board. Thus making 'illegitimate' an appropriate description.

That said, I agree this is an illegitimate way to compete, and as such should be disallowed by the game.

I'd propose that people should still be able to leave at any time/be kicked at any time, but the vacancy should not be able to be filled until reset on Saturday.
    irishmob
    "we wanted more points" is a perfectly Logic and justifiable reasoning though, UNLESS you take into account moral and ethics (which ofc has nothing to do with rules..)

As it stands right now, anyone can do this if the want/choose to - but the general concensus in most gaming communities is that this is not fair play. Again, NOTHING AT ALL to do with rules, and justifying it is no problem ("this is not against the rules, so i dont care if YOU think its cheating. Until the developers make it illegal, i consider it fair game")

Now personally i would think a person who thought this way was an a*s, but that doesnt change the fact that from a RULES pow, hes not doing anything wrong..
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I said it's allowed but cannot be defended logically with respect to the expectations of how a leader board should function.

I didn't say doing this is cheating. I didn't even remotely infer that doing this is against the rules, either.

You need to work on your reading comprehension if you're going to make posts nitpicking about the definitions of words.
  • ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    @WastelandDan
    I totally agree. We need something to solve this.
    Its very tiring having to post up your roster every week at the beginning and end so everything adds up...
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
    Email: [email protected]
    Jen
    Lol zoson, i dont think im the one who needs to work on my reading comprehension...

I understood perfectly well what you wrote, but you see - i just didnt agree...

You need to grow a whole lotta smart if you want to nitpick on my nitpicking in the future..
    irishmobCeszar
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Keep in mind that not all players/guilds are all that interested in how the others are doing. I do the challenges for myself and my guild.

Sure it is nice to see how you stack/match up against others to get a feel for how your are doing, but as long as I/Our guild do better than the week before I am excited.

Never once have I thought "Aw man, they are doing better than us!"

We've got members ranging from lvl 35 to 9. And I am thrilled to have all of them. They all do their part and it's great to help each other out.

There is no way the newer players are going to be able to put up big star numbers no matter how often they play or how hard they try. But they do their part and are part of us.

Any and all help is appreciated.

As for the folks that might Guild Jump to boost numbers. Whatever!

It's liking doping in sports......"Hey look at me! I'm number one!"

But inside you know you aren't.

I for one would rather the Developers spend there time, energy, and resources on game content so we have more to play with.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    ConnFeleciairishmobwhozat
    Also the Challenges run for 5 plus days, so that would give a very small window for people to be able to join guilds.

If they wanted to institute a restriction, such as having to wait until the next weekly challenge if you leave a guild, fine.

But as I stated above I would prefer them coming up with more content and fixing the bugs/issues with the game.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

• ADjSTEAMADjSTEAM Member Posts: 14

PLEASE???

Seriously, for serious guild competition, we need a system that keeps the competition legitimate. Lock all guilds from adding players during the challenge unless the guild stars with an incomplete roster (then allow them to add only the number of empty spots they began with). Enable pending add/drop transactions that are processed automatically when the challenge ends, and keep transactions open until the next challenge begins. This is a simple solution to a guild system that can't offer much but bragging rights at the moment. Can we see this feature without waiting a long time for a bunch of other content?

i don't get why they should lock guild.
    that would limit guild who are stuck with inactive players: let say wednesday you want to banish 2 inactive player you can't get new members if it were on 20 members before the competition started...
    that would limit new players that could only join a "real" guild on sunday, it would limit their improvement and most of all their fun

i think that the easier way is that the guild score is the sum of the player in the guild at specific moment, so if a player would leave a guild his stars would be subtracted from the guild total, obviously rewards must not be enabled again. and if a new player joins the guild only the stars he earn while in the guild would matter. i think this would be a better way to deal with it.

and sorry for my bad english
    irishmob
    WastelandDan, you opened up a discussion and I have contributed my thoughts on the subject.

Should only those that agree with you comment here?

Additionally, I hardly just "popped in" to say "Whatever!".
    I actually waited a bit and gave your idea some thought and shared quite a bit more than that.

Finally, Guilds that run differently than ours are, fine,

The thing is, what you are asking for does not just affect your guild or ours, but the whole community.

irishmob
  • irishmobirishmob Member Posts: 482
    So we're wanting to change rules for the top guilds because they spend the most money? What about the guilds who have low level members? What about people who play the game for fun or because they like twd? Not everyone playing this game is trying to see how many guilds they can have.

Heck might as well limit 1 guild only then . Not see how many guilds you can have? People seem to forget this is an app you can play for free and just for fun. But egos and money gets involved and then rules have to get changed to make the big money spenders happy? How about relax and enjoy the game.

I'm happy with the members we have. Good group, don't complain and don't worry about how high we're ranked. We help each other out. It's called we enjoy the game and twd. Best of luck to everyone in the challenges.
    Annette578
    @WastelandDan it only matters to the top 15 guilds. Are there extra rewards for finishing in the top 15? If not it's just for bragging rights. Then this rule you propose probably doesn't matter to the majority of people who play this game.

May I suggest maybe making a poll instead of a thread with a bunch of comments? Just a thought and my 2 cents.
    One i have a couple games I have played for a couple years now. Have put some money into them just like this game. I understand getting different opinions. But now you have those and maybe a poll would clarify things more. I not griping about anything. Just giving my insight as you said is what you wanted instead of a poll.
    But I have seen games go down hill because of developers catering to just the big spenders. The more customers you keep satisfied the more that play. The longer the game last and more enjoyable experience for everyone and not just the big spenders.
    Annette578
    Let's say someday they have leader board rewards. You have a teammate leave during weekly challenge for whatever reason. Now you're proposed idea of locked guilds happens. How bad is losing a player or more going to hurt you from getting that leader board reward? Or if they do guild vs guild? See you're proposed idea will hurt you more than the casual players.
    Annette578
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    I agree the problem should solved asap. Simple: if someone joins a guild during event his stars for the higjscore does not count. Rewards (personal and guild) as usual.
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
  • Wookie2424Wookie2424 Member Posts: 21
    Adjsteam had by far the best solution. No locking guilds but if a player leaves their stars are subtracted from the guild. When they join a new guild the old stars are not added to the guild they are just gone. Their personal score still counts all stars.
    Clangadin
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289

Adjsteam had by far the best solution. No locking guilds but if a player leaves their stars are subtracted from the guild. When they join a new guild the old stars are not added to the guild they are just gone. Their personal score still counts all stars.

I also tend to agree, this seems like the easiest and most straight-forward solution.

If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Annette578
This discussion has been closed.