Lock guilds during challenges and enable pending transactions ASAP

Comments

• ADjSTEAMADjSTEAM Member Posts: 14

WastelandDan, you opened up a discussion and I have contributed my thoughts on the subject.
    Should only those that agree with you comment here?

The thing is, what you are asking for does not just affect your guild or ours, but the whole community.

irishmob said:

So we're wanting to change rules for the top guilds because they spend the most money? What about the guilds who have low level members? What about people who play the game for fun or because they like twd? Not everyone playing this game is trying to see how many guilds they can have.

I'm happy with the members we have. Good group, don't complain and don't worry about how high we're ranked. We help each other out. It's called we enjoy the game and twd. Best of luck to everyone in the challenges.

i couldn't agree more. i tried to propose a solution that would fit best for the whole game, not for competitive or for the top guilds, maybe that would fit best for guild vs guild...

and knowing a bit of coding i thin it should be simpler to add some counter than a whole new function like that...
    irishmob
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited December 2015
    This is a solution for the best of the community... It's competition (well for the most part, the community that's into the guild leadership aspect of it)! Besides, you won't be getting points or transfering your stars if you move to a different guild. However you're still able to feed stars to guilds in that aspect.

Look at the National Football League. You can't trade after a deadline... that's just it. You're stuck in a team until season's over and then trading can happen again.
  • ADjSTEAMADjSTEAM Member Posts: 14
    you are comparing a mobile game to the nfl?? you must be kidding
    and then if you say "for the most part, the community that's into the guild leadership aspect of it" you should know that is not "a solution for the best of the community"

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    These are some very good suggestions guys. I'll make sure the devs are aware that this is something that the community needs.
    Conn
  • pullfrontpullfront Member Posts: 156
    No guild locking
    Adjsteams solution is the way to go

We're legit, same members for 8 weeks, 10 changes to guild EVER and having fun and almost in top 10.
    Thank you all for making this game so fun!
    Teeceezyirishmob
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Guild tier rewards would have to be locked at that tier- guild hits tier, someone leaves and drop below tier, so they get another member who raises them to that tier again for rewards; rinse and repeat - gotta ensure that abuse doesn't occur. Worse is people jumping guild to guild to get rewards as tiers are reached- there has been no discussion about that.

Forget locking guilds, let guilds recruit players but Lock guild tier rewards when people leave until they get enough stars to reach next tier and remove stars from guild for the player that left.
    Lock players from rejoining another guild til event ends if they leave a guild during event.(they can still participate and not get guild rewards)
    irishmob
    edited December 2015
    ADjSTEAM said:

you are comparing a mobile game to the nfl?? you must be kidding
    and then if you say "for the most part, the community that's into the guild leadership aspect of it" you should know that is not "a solution for the best of the community"

Ughh, I can't believe you lack the ability to understand... and then even come to imply "you're comparing an apple to an orange" kind of remark... My reference to the NFL is purely exemplifying that you keep your players in the same team/guild until the season/challenge is over. I did not want to compare mobile games because I was afraid people would not know the game's guild systems when they face these kind of challenges.

I say "for the most part, the community that's into the guild leadership aspect of it" because if you're not PLAYING IN A GUILD, then it's not going to hurt or benefit you in any way. You need help understanding that too? It's a solution for the community... Being in a guild to tackle stars together in guild vs guilds is considered a community in itself. Facepalm... You even said it yourself...
    ADjSTEAM said:

i tried to propose a solution that would fit best for the whole game, not for competitive or for the top guilds, maybe that would fit best for guild vs guild...

If anything, you're the one comparing difficulty of coding for a "guild lock" system over your suggestion
    ADjSTEAM said:

and knowing a bit of coding i thin it should be simpler to add some counter than a whole new function like that...

• FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    What happens though if guild member's game gets corrupted? A player that hits 210+ per week and can't do anything until support gets around to fixing the game. If they can fix. I agree something needs done but sometimes there are legitimate reasons why you need a sub.
    Felecia
    Felecia said:

What happens though if guild member's game gets corrupted? A player that hits 210+ per week and can't do anything until support gets around to fixing the game. If they can fix. I agree something needs done but sometimes there are legitimate reasons why you need a sub.

When the time comes and NG picks up the guild locking system. Then they can worry about that. Should a member not participate this week, then the guild leader already can kick the member for a new one once the "recovery" day comes by, and as we see it now, the leader board has little effect on gameplay, it's mainly only for stars and bragging rights of whose guild is top (I've gotten better items from grinding deadly over guild rewards, which I am glad because not everybody is into competitive guild vs guild).

However, to answer your question right at hand. From some of the previous mobile games I've played, the participating members are only 10/15 members able to compete. When one of the 10 main members can not do it anymore, then they pick one up (sub in) from the 5 remaining. If NG does it here, (example) I'd say the top 15 of a 20 member guild would be counted towards the score. Every one of the 20 members get rewards, however, should one member surpass the top 15, that new member's stars now count towards the guild's star.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    There are two 'competitive' guilds currently, STARS and SOCO. Nobody else cares but the members in those guilds. Even if there were 10 guilds, with 10 subguilds each with 20 people(2000 people) it would be just a small drop in the hat of the actual people playing the game(>4 million downloads).

Literally, percentage wise, nobody gives a crap about STARS or SOCO. You should expect to be treated as such with respect to the playerbase. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're quite literally totally unimportant.
    shAdirishmobWeasel007
  • TexasGrimReaperTexasGrimReaper Member Posts: 51
    @zoson there is no need for hateful remarks. Your comment in no way strengthens the forums or the game. How about you try being a productive member in this forum society, instead of bashing others. I hope your day is enlightened to some degree. Happy Hunting ☆ ☆ ☆
    jureforjustice
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    An idea I shared on another thread, is not to limit guilds, but players to be able to be in one Guild per challenge.

If a member, is unfortunate enough to get kicked out or decides to leave on their own, they can not join another guild until the down day or once the following challenge has begun.

This way the guilds are not limited, nor are the players, as a guild-less player can still do the challenges solo.

Some of you will bring up the fact that some guilds will still kick some members out, to get new ones to fluff up and inflate their numbers.

If they do this they will quickly get a reputation for doing so and not being loyal to their members and I doubt people will want to join them. Of course there are those that are playing more than one game on multi devices..

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352

An idea I shared on another thread, is not to limit guilds, but players to be able to be in one Guild per challenge.

If a member, is unfortunate enough to get kicked out or decides to leave on their own, they can not join another guild until the down day or once the following challenge has begun.

This way the guilds are not limited, nor are the players, as a guild-less player can still do the challenges solo.

Some of you will bring up the fact that some guilds will still kick some members out, to get new ones to fluff up and inflate their numbers.

If they do this they will quickly get a reputation for doing so and not being loyal to their members and I doubt people will want to join them. Of course there are those that are playing more than one game on multi devices..

what if a guild has 20 main member and 20 other member. and the 20 other member are guildless at the start of the weekly challenge. that means, they have not been kicked out and they are eligible to join a guild anytime if a slot is open. in this way, it can be manipulated by kicking the main 20 members after they contributes enough stars, and then let the other 20 guildless members join so that they can contribute a new stars for the guild.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    my suggsetion is this: when weekly challenge starts, the leader or co-leader or an elder must choose first who among the members will take part in the weekly guild challenge. after they pick the participating members, they can now start the challenge. only these players can contribute stars to the weekly challenge for this week. In this way, members who just join the guild in the middle of the weekly challenge wont be able to contribute stars. (I know this is base on COC but i think its a good system to avoid the switching members loophole).
  • ShenonShenon Member Posts: 34
    zoson said:

There are two 'competitive' guilds currently, STARS and SOCO. Nobody else cares but the members in those guilds. Even if there were 10 guilds, with 10 subguilds each with 20 people(2000 people) it would be just a small drop in the hat of the actual people playing the game(>4 million downloads).

Literally, percentage wise, nobody gives a crap about STARS or SOCO. You should expect to be treated as such with respect to the playerbase. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're quite literally totally unimportant.

And those 2000 people are probably the source of atleast 90% of NG's total income in this game...

Who do YOU, allmighty forumgod, think they will benefits the most from listening to?
    jureforjustice
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    Technically speaking, their income would derive mostly from Advertisement views from the majority of the players.
    The above computation given by @zoson is derived from a hypothetical scenario where there were 10 guilds with 10 subgroups each, with 20 members each (hence 2000 potential players). The reality is much closer to maybe 3 or 4 guilds with maybe 3 or 4 subgroups each, with not everyone being paying players. Wouldn't be surprising if there are maybe around 100 big spenders in the top 20, and even then it's not exactly a subscription so not that sustainable. The ads are where it's at. :)
    The thing is that since we've added features that allow and support competition ensuring a level playing field is something that would be fairly important. It doesn't take anything away from the more casual players and in turn adds value to the more hardcore segment. :)
    jureforjustice
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    You guys are WAY overcomplicating things.
    If a guild leader kicks someone during a event - take the penalty lose that players stars and no substitutes, or allow them to take a player that hasn't been in a guild during an event.
    No Guild Hopping period!
    It's only 1 event, they can make arrangements to join another guild, and let's face it, a day is plenty of time to join a guild before event starts or even during the event if it's only the one time for that player. Any stars accumulated by the player before joining the guild won't/don't count to guild total.
    Guilds should have the power to kick players that are not contributing - BUT should maybe also take the penalty for doing so. That should be your poll question - how much power are you going to allow guilds to have, I've played many games where people abuse the power of guild systems and I'm currently happy with the state this game is in except for the guild hopping of players.
    Guild rewards are a bonus, it's supposed to be about the community, not about getting extra chests from switching guilds.
    jureforjustice
    @Teeceezy I agree that it's a good thing to add elements to this game to cater to either casual or hardldcore players. Please be careful though when adding any reward element as it is very possible that a bad implementation will only make strong guilds/players get stronger, leaving no hope for others to catch up (not counting the fact that iOS players have a few months head start on Android players).
    jureforjustice
    Of course @JRDman, I was more referring to mechanisms implemented to prevent guild jumping. :)
    jureforjustice
    @Necroboogie The problem with only removing the stars earned by kicked players is that anyone can claim rewards at anytime. It will only reduce the total stars earned at the end of the week, but savvy guilds will simply claim all rewards THEN kick.
    @Teeceezy Mobile games like Elves Realm which have frequent guild-based events eliminate guild jumping by simply preventing guilds from adding more members to their roster during the said event. Kicking members/leaving guilds is fine though. Also, when you leave a guild, you have a 24hr lock down period before you can join another guild. Everything is announced prior to every guild event so that players and leaders can strategize what their final roster would be. I know this has been suggested before, so I hope this will be considered for future patches. :)
This discussion has been closed.