Shields not working

LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
I had roughly 15k TG sitting in my Outpost. I got raided 3 times in about an hour and a half and lost over 1500 EACH time!? What gives? Where is my shield? Can I get my TG and influence back?
lioncheeter

Comments

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Yep, I just got hit 4 times in a row while my shield was supposedly active.

• theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    Shields are definitely buggy. When you make an attack, it is supposed to cancel any shield you have. I have not been attacked in over 3 weeks. There was no reason for me to have a shield up. I logged in and saw that 6 hours of shield remaining. I did two raids and still had 5 hours and 47 minutes remaining on my shield.

So, it seems that they aren't shielding people when they should be and are shielding people that shouldn't have them. Someone, check the code. There is a negative in there somewhere that shouldn't be.
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    I did not get shielded and was attacked three separate times.
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    Also I haven't attacked anyone in about a month.
  • kelamitykelamity Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Same with me I got raided 3 times with in the hour. Irony is I was sitting at 14 k trade goods was going to get the crappy bruiser weapon now I back to 10 k trade goods. Is stuff like this that make players interest fade
    zosonJenny
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Same thing happened to me.

I logged in after a couple hours of not playing to find that I had been attacked and defeated 3X in a 2hours span.

2X by the same player.

Very frustrating and disappointing.

Lost a lot of hard earned trade goods and influence that I should not have.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I got hit 2 separate times last night also. Lost about 30 glory points.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I got raided 4 times while I was asleep last night and definitely was not doing any raiding, I got up for work at 5 am and had no trade goods.

Shield definitely not working
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2016
    I was raided 7 times :(
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    edited April 2016
    Ditto in regards to being raided.
    I never even wanted an outpost but somehow got it "live" without meaning to.
    When I asked on the forum how to delete it - even being prepared to start the whole game over - I was advised to wait it out because I would be taken out of the 'eligible-to-be-raided' rotation if I remain inactive.
    So now as I finally start to accumulate TG so I can purchase decent weapons - I get raided!

If you're going to change the rules, don't you think you should let the people affected know?
    And if this is how its going to be, I want the option to delete an outpost I never wanted in the first place.
    It's not right to force me to participate in something I do not want.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited April 2016
    Not being raided for not participating in Outposts was Never the Rule.. Just sayin :wink:

& they did tell us that things were changing in Outposts in an Announcement & no one would be exempt from being raided after Update :grimace:

I do feel your pain though lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    @rgerkman
    rgerkman said:

Not being raided for not participating in Outposts was Never the Rule.. Just sayin :wink:

It seems there aren't any rules that are currently being followed - but there are gameplay expectations.
    If I was prepared to start the WHOLE game over because I accidentally went 'live' with my outpost and I was advised of a workaround, then I expect that workaround to be in place, or be given another option.
    rgerkman said:

& they did tell us that things were changing in Outposts in an Announcement & no one would be exempt from being raided after Update :grimace:

I did not read that particular announcement. Where was it? All I read was something about improved matching protocols which in no way implies that people that expect to be exempt are no longer exempt.

A month ago, I was very prepared to start over. It would have hurt, no doubt, but I was prepared.
    Now I have spent millions more in resources building up my account.
    I am no longer prepared to start-over, but neither am I content to being forced to participate in something I don't want to.
    I hear ya & totally get it @smokva !!

& I believe it was in the Original Announcement on FB when they also introduced Community Challenge & new Update 1.8

Rhonda
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Geez got hit another 4 times before the shield activated. Either something got lost in translation or those were punishments for whining. So I guess it's no longer possible to save for legendary crates anymore or save for special event stuff like Lucille.
    @rgerkman
    I read through everything again and did not find any announcements/references suggesting that non-active outpost players will stop being exempt.
    Would you mind finding that?
    I certainly do not want to make unfounded or unfair accusations.
    If they warned us, and I just wasn't paying attention, then I am going to have to suck it up and apologize.
    edited April 2016
    I don't remember unfortunately lol
    I do know I read it cause I said to myself.. "Damn! That means I have to start playing with the Outposts!!"
    Maybe I read it ingame? Idk. I will look around though to find it :wink:

Rhonda
    So when is the shield activated then? I've been raided 9 times in 12 hours. I won't have anything left soon. Whatever I don't even care anymore.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Any resolution or response Mods? This is clearly a widespread issue. I had 3 repeat attacks again last night.

@eetu @Teeceezy @TK-421
    Japes87
    Not only am I being raided over and over while playing and not playing , I'm also having to search over 100 times or more to even find a battle worth fighting, everything was fine this time two days ago .. this would be a good time for a @staff to pop in and let us know what's going on.

@zbot any idea if they have changed something ? Outpost was fun again!
    Make that 12 times in less than 24 hours. Was raided three times putting my daughter to bed. I haven't raided anyone.
    @Japes87
    I don't think there is any doubt that this is the result of the update. Or an unreported 'fix' just before or after the update.
    I also think the reason we are not hearing anything from the staff is because at this point they are not quite certain what to say.
    Although, I think it would be helpful if they at least said that.
    Japes87
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,852
    To @all, thanks for reporting this.
    Japes87
    I think they added $bots to get people hooked then took them away in the update , I means really .. who has 80-100k trade goods on hand with level 7 uncommon defenders and level 3 zombies? Haha

Thanks @zbot cheers
    ggbats
  • malcolmmalcolm Member Posts: 29
    Was raided 6 times in 11 hours for 1631 creates each time, what the shield for if something like this can happen? And how come I can't retaliate it be sweet, if you could reraid someone!
    16 times in 24 hours for me.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    4 times while I slept. Second night in a row.

Just about ensures I won't make the next cycle now.
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @jester

I had the same thing happen my friend...got to 4000 to hit the next tier yesterday and woke up and was at 3935 lol...if it's going to work this like I'm just going to stop raiding because what's the point
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,852
    Merged to existing thread.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @SlickRick I had gotten up to 3888 was dragged back down 73 points in 4 raids overnight. I don't know if I can earn 150 everyday...which would allow me forward progress. I can certainly do it once and eve better, but how can I manage that as a norm.

Nay, fix the shield please.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @lmfgunnut

Yeah I hear you!! And options are limited since I can't attack you, Pimp, Jester, etc...I'd rather stick to my word than sit here doing raids 24/7 and hitting people I like...I'm going to give it one more day...but if it does it again I'm done...I'd rather stick to more worthwhile pursuits
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth