Shields not working

13»

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @zoson that makes some sense. But he shouldn't have been on over watch on first round through gate. I think it was retaliation, which might still show 3 since my third survivor still had a move available on the same round...but my attack stunned the bruiser. He shouldn't get a retaliation in that case.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    lmfgunnut said:

@zoson that makes some sense. But he shouldn't have been on over watch on first round through gate. I think it was retaliation, which might still show 3 since my third survivor still had a move available on the same round...but my attack stunned the bruiser. He shouldn't get a retaliation in that case.

Nope, survivors get overwatch right at the start. Working as intended.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    zoson said:

Working as intended.

Just like the shields are not. It seems to be not an easy fix, but we're working on it.
    zosonlmfgunnut
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    Pretty sure the Lucille bug is a tooltip error - every time I hit with it, I get a 3 round stun. Watch the marker over your target, the tooltip is just a guide, not the rule. ;)
    edited May 2016
    zoson said:

lmfgunnut said:

@zoson Not according to patch notes

TK-421 said:

Combat Mechanics:
    Human enemies Overwatch when they are Aggressive (aware of player), but do not attack.
    In Outposts the defenders will not Overwatch when the gate is opened, but the following turn, unless they actively engage in combat.

If you are seeing that defenders get immediate overwatch you should report it as bug.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• deacondoesdeacondoes Member Posts: 34
    Happened to me this morning. Got the message that my outpost had been raided and had 3 hrs of shields. Game did one of its "reconnecting" episodes. Halted game and restarted. Immediately got the message that my outpost had been attacked - a new attack while the game showed I had 3 hours of shields left. Huh?
    zoson said:

Negative, Ghost Rider, they do not. They may go to overwatch on first turn if they don't move or only move 1 AP ... but they don't start with it anymore. I know this because my first move is always to rush in with a bruiser and take one of the defenders out, or move to cover. And they *never* perform an overwatch attack on me when I do.

Which is why I love it when defenders are clustered together, because I make sure the bruiser's charge attack is powered up, even if I have to wait for an extra zombie wave before opening the gate to do it. Did I mention my main bruiser has Lucille, too, so he's wielding a lvl 17 legendary bat with a 3-round stun? Oh, yeah ...

Only thing that would be better than Lucille is if Morgan's staff had concussion on it, really surprised it didn't.
  • AlexisDeclanAlexisDeclan Member Posts: 1
    this is getting rediculous. I only get a shield after I've been raided about 6 times. Sometimes I get kicked out so someone can raid me. And I hardly ever win defending my out post and I have a 99 power level which is strange to me. I like this game but come on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Yup,

I'm kinda feeling like a piece of toilet paper myself due to this whole outpost situation.
    SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @DarkFae

I'm honestly baffled that some people are just figuring this out now...these people remind me of Rick when he came out of the hospital...whereas the rest of us have been in the middle of a big shit sandwich for weeks :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    [Deleted User]
    My outpost now has power level of 28. I removed my special walkers and dropped in lvl 8 and 9 survivors.

I'm done striving for the top. If they make it worthwhile, I have the bankroll to climb back up. Until then, see you all at the bottom soon.

SlickRick
    I'm also randomly raiding camps only to flee and dropping 28/29 influence gifts.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited May 2016
    @lmfgunnut

Please don't visit me I'm hoping to stay at 0 influence points after the ones I have all get stripped away from me. I have gone from Gold III to Silver and am still falling and would rather keep it that way. Thanks.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Just an update: this issue in still under investigation. Thanks for your patience.
    AlexisDeclanCherokee_Rose
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @lmfgunnut

I knew you would see the light eventually...you're too smart :)

Btw my power level is only 32 right now so you've got me beat haha
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    @OldGoth @Teeceezy @TK-421

I was attacked 3 times over a 6 hour 30 minute period while I slept. I submitted a support request. However, there are SEVERAL unanswered messages in there. I added #twdsupport NEW ISSUE to the start of the new message hoping it will get someone's attention. I gave them my username here, told them I would post a screenshot, and said I would tag you in my post.

In game username: The Blue Box
    Camp level: 39

Guild: A Daryl Addixon

(I posted this earlier in the wrong forum. I did a search for "outpost shield" and found the most recent post about the problem. I posted this there. Unfortunately, it happened to be in the OUTPOSTS forum and not in Bugs & Issues. Copied it here for that reason.)

@OldGoth @Teeceezy @TK-421

I was attacked 3 times over a 6 hour 30 minute period while I slept. I submitted a support request. However, there are SEVERAL unanswered messages in there. I added #twdsupport NEW ISSUE to the start of the new message hoping it will get someone's attention. I gave them my username here, told them I would post a screenshot, and said I would tag you in my post.

In game username: The Blue Box
    Camp level: 39

Guild: A Daryl Addixon

(I posted this earlier in the wrong forum. I did a search for "outpost shield" and found the most recent post about the problem. I posted this there. Unfortunately, it happened to be in the OUTPOSTS forum and not in Bugs & Issues. Copied it here for that reason.)

Did you post the right screenshot? If so, I see your problem right there - see the one in the middle? That's a raid - you attacked someone else and failed. So that's only two incoming attacks, not three. And attacking someone else will drop your shield, regardless of how much time it has left. So the screenshot you are showing says you were attacked (shield went up), you attacked someone else (shield would have gone down) then you were attacked again. Not seeing an issue, there, working as intended. If you didn't do that raid in the middle yourself, you might want to be checking your phone to see if someone's playing it while you sleep ... got a roommate?

Which is why I ask if perhaps you posted the wrong screenshot?
  • rudjawolrudjawol Member Posts: 34
    Shield again not working
  • lioncheeterlioncheeter Member Posts: 72
    DITTO!!!
    THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!! I have this. Happen frequently, even when i log on ,see i got raided twice,i don't do any raids because that deactivates your shield,sure enough ,i get hit again a couple hours later.I have level 19 normal and tank,level 17 armored,yet level 18 teams run right through my nearly maxed out walkers.I cant wait til i get my people to 18,so I can do the same to them.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I mainly find it annoying because they take the same amount of TG each time, it doesnt get reduced each time.
    @blynknz I really believe that is related to your TG count not updating until you log in.

• BooofBooof Member Posts: 2
    If you can't fix it Scrap it. Stop giving us a false sense of security.

At least scrap the shield concept so I can benefit from hitting people over and over until they abandon the game and I'm the last one standing.