Class balance

mexxmexx Member Posts: 10
Everyone seems to agree that Scout and Bruiser both need a serious re-balance. I figured I would just put my suggestion for balance and hear people's thoughts on it and hopefully some good can come from it and the developers may consider them.

Scout should be fast, not so sure about lethal per say. I would think a movement increase and giving them the ability to over watch even after opening a crate would not make them game breaking but people would use them more for a stealth style of combat.

Bruiser needs a lot to become used, due to their low damage I believe smash should activate after one kill not two. An hp or def bump would make them better but I think they need like a natural ability that prevents any unit from running either away from them or going through a protective radius surrounding the character. A sort of none shall pass ability.

I don't believe these changes would break the game but would still want to hear all criticism and also encourage more ideas that aren't rediculous of course.
Dakaminnovalin

Comments

• DakaminDakamin Member Posts: 108
    I agree! Especially about the scout - I normally love stealthy rogue like sneak attack treasure hunters, but despite NG's description of being 'swift movers' they really aren't any swifter than any other class as far as I know.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    In Dark Age of Camelot, Paladins had the ability to put another player on protect meaning that any attack against the other player would result in the paladin attempting to jump in front and block/take the hit.

Your bruiser suggestion reminds me of this and might be a good mechanic.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• novalinnovalin Member Posts: 34
    Agreed that these are the 2 lowest powered classes, and I like your suggestions. Likewise, the best classes could be ever so slightly nerfed to help balance things, such as making the Hunter class able to walk one less space per turn.
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Bruiser needs AOE damage stun as default

Scout needs a guaranteed 1 target kill feature regardless of level of enemy
  • KaiseroKaisero Member Posts: 28
    Bruiser should have a taunt ability or a tank mode
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Please, Don't bring DAOC into conversations about this game...otherwise you'll be getting requests for Bonedancer type chars- Michonne and her pets, or other pet type casters...or getting chances to leash walkers.

Lol then you'll start asking for different shields, stuns with shields and different weapons that can be used with them.. Or characters with stealth.

NG already has enough on its plate. As it is in already surprised that people haven't asked for "armor/weapons" or medieval themed costumes for their outpost. Lmao it'd be bad YouTube vids of chars flinging tape balls yelling "fireball, fireball" or "lightning bolt!!"
  • mexxmexx Member Posts: 10
    There are multiple games out there that use that mechanic on a tank like character. He's meant to soak up the hits so he should be a true meatshield. NG may have a lot on their plates but since this is simply a suggestion on what could be thought about. Given they came out with Morgan's staff they are looking at ways to make Bruiser better already.
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I like the scout still having overwatch even after opening something idea.

Or give them a few extra movement points.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!