Team for Current Event

PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
Hi guys, i am now closing in on 100 stars and things are easy so far, as expected. Nevertheless, missions 3 and 4 (left to right) will be hard soon, being in small rooms and walkers all over with no room to maneuver. I am now L38, with L16 survivors, using Hunter/Assault/Shooter right now. Besides these survivors I also have 2 L16 Warriors. My weapons are far from optimal regarding Assault and Warriors: for the Assault I have a maxed L16 rifle with gold spread and luck, whereas for warriors also L16 maxed with Gold arc and L15 unmaxed with silver arc (not upgraded yet).

Do you guys think that even though my Warrior gear is not optimal for their levels I should include 1/2 Warriors in the team for those missions? If 2, maybe my L16 Leg Hunter to go with them, or even the Assault for extra Area Damage?

Cheers

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    The missions that will give you trouble in the higher levels will be the ones with multiple armoured walkers and fatties. Your current survivors will not be able to "thin the herd" with one attack so you need to take 3 that offer the best combination of kill power, dodge and luck. You are going to take some hits and probably come out with injuries, but two stars is sometimes an acceptable outcome when the walkers are at a higher level than your survivors.

The problem with warriors is you are left very exposed if you don't get the kill shot. At least with hunters, shooters and even assaults you are further away if you don't get the kill. Try different combinations and see what works best. Good luck.
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    Thanks mate!
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    My assessment: 3x good (as you have) assaults will collectively thin out as much as they can. If you stay in a cluster, there's only so many of them as can get to you (bunching up in a corner can help).

But I'm not that far through just yet that I'm taking longer than 2 turns to clean rooms.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    you can try 3x hunter approach.. i started with 2x hunter and 1x assault. but as the level gets higher, i replace my assault with shooter to kill the tank or armored walker that lives. but i guess 3 hunter can also do the trick, that is if i have a 3rd hunter. unfortunately, i only got 2 good hunter. so i use a shooter for 3rd survivor since its damage is pretty awesome..

• PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    My main problem is the survivors I have at L16: 1 Hunter (Leg), 2 Shooters (Leg and Epic), 1 Assault (Epic), 2 Warriors (Epic). My Warrior and Assault weapons are also maxed at 16, so damage could be a problem. I would gladly try something like 2 Warriors and 1 Assault, for example, or even 2 Assaults and 1 Hunter if I had the survivors and/or weapons for it.

That said, I am not at around 150 stars earned, and no injury yet, with a Hunter/Shooter/Assault team. But I believe I will get L15 walkers next round and surely the Assault will start failing one hit kills and problems will arise. That's why I asked advise, so that I can guarantee the 180 stars, which is the minimum I set for myself (guild minimum would be 76, hehehe). Cheers