Am I the only one with attachment issues here?

Is it just me or are there others here who find it difficult to throw out gold gear even when it's utterly useless?
why.jpg 69.3K
Survivor420z3r0d4z3blkjack0oraida1021

Comments

• Doc_PughDoc_Pugh Member Posts: 91
    No, it's just you.

[Deleted User]
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I haven't scrapped any upgraded gold gear (have a some lvl 10 ish fully upgraded gear I give to fresh recruits), but I have been recently scrapping stuff I get in low level guild missions since my inventory is loaded with 14/15/16 gold/blue gear waiting for a scrap event or change in the scrap values.
  • Doc_PughDoc_Pugh Member Posts: 91
    I'm just joshing you Fae. I'm probably the worst hoarder here. I'm holding on to all I can hoping for another scrap event.

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I have a few like that too, @DarkFae.

I hold onto them for a few reasons:

1. They are fully upgraded gold with good traits, what is more beautiful than that?
    2. The rumor is that upgraded equipment will be worth more than it is currently in scrap value.
    3. It's something better than the crap that comes with fresh survivors until I can level them up properly.
    OneLessTitanSurvivor420
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @LadyAquila

I scrap it when it's that low as most all of my survivors are level 15-17. I just always hoover over the scrap button like I don't want to let it go cause it gold lol.
    @Doc_Pugh @OneLessTitan

I had a few fully unlocked pieces that were base level 11/13 that I couldn't scrap until that scrap event also.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Yes, it's a constant struggle. I was thinking about starting a 'cutest equipment' thread for people to post their equipment that *started* at level 7 or lower (so fully upgraded 10). Obviously the lower the level the more cute it would be. So legendary level 1 items upgraded to level 4 with awesome traits would be the most cuteness possible.

This is my cutest item:

I've actually had it since like day 2 or 3. Ahh the memories of my rare scout Vince cleaning house with this thing. I have a few others that are pretty adorable also, but this one takes the cake.
    [Deleted User]Ovidmikel
    @zoson

I wish I had thought to save one or two of mine!
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    My armory is always near capacity and nothing in it is not legendary or epic. Sadly lots of it is fully upgraded and uterly useless to me. I agree with @DarkFae, I just can't make myself scrap some of it, especially the legendary gear. The developers should allow us to gift it, or trade with other players, at least members of our Guild.
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Me too @DarkFae , I have this one:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/7350/did-nostalgia-survive-the-weekend-event#latest

And since the spring cleaning event I have kept every legendary + epic gear I've found, but mainly as an "investment," I'm hoping there'll be a new one at some point. Have made a rough calculation and think I have for about 200K XP worth of gear I don't need. All that will go if there's a 3x scrapping event. But the bat from the above link will stay!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Oooo, oooo, pick me, pick me. I think I've got the cutest item @zoson!

TheLostOneszoson
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'm only attached to useless Legendary and Epic gear until the next 3xXP scrapping event comes along!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I think I have the cutest one:

(call him Toddler)

Back from 2016 :p
    Toddler is pretty cute, @theRealBender, but he needs to be upgraded to unlock those good traits! ;)
  • CmlCml Member Posts: 75

I have these. Including toddler Jr...or does it have to be legendary?
    If I find another of those level 1 claws I might unlock it and post it because I used to love those things!
  • ChochyChochy Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    I still have my first ever epic. She's max level 12/12 and totally useless to me... but she was my first non rare pull and carried me a lot back then. Always a special place in my heart for Denise lol.
    @Chochy

My first legendary was a max 13 shooter I named Nick and my first Epic was a hunter I named Damon who maxed at 13 as well. I have retired them both. Damon turned gold and decided to be a scout when I found him again so I renamed him Ian.

theRealBender
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I still have my first Epic as well @Chochy. He is a level 16 and my third shooter. I have lots of great pistols I wish I could give him, but they require a level 17 or 18 survivor, so he has Rick's Revolver maxed at level 17 and 710 power. Not as effective as my first and second level 18 shooters with level 21 pistols, and 1150 power but I can't retire him. I have 16 total survivors and he is my only level 16. Can't let him go.
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    Not me I dump mine as soon as they are no longer useful ;)
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I scrap anything and everything that is not useful. Even though the XP isn't much, it will help level useful things and survivors. I do plan to keep Lucille and the reward gun as trophies once they are no longer useful. Only unique stuff gets kept.
  • ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
    My first Legendary